Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is there any possible reason to wait and buy RDR2 on Steam instead of the current Epic sale?

any steam exclusive features or multiplayer segmentation? achievements, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I said come in! posted:

No Steam achievements, but that's about it. Go with whatever platform you can find the best sale for.

if I buy it on greenmangaming what do I get, a key to activate on the rockstar launcher? or...?

edit: also is the "special edition" worth it? an exclusive mission and hideout, etc.?

pmchem fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 28, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How is the RDR2 PC port performance now? User reviews on metacritic are brutal, saying 1070 GTX is unplayable, 2080 GTX is 30 FPS slow, etc. Just terrible. Is that fixed?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/red-dead-redemption-2/user-reviews

I have a 1440p monitor, i7-6700, and a 1070 GTX.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

how do I autorun while mounted using keyboard and mouse? having to continually re-press W or left-shift to match speed of someone I'm following sucks

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TorakFade posted:

I've been trying to play with K+M but it's painfully clear the game was made with controllers in mind. Maybe aiming and shooting is better (if you're used to playing FPS games, which I am not so I prefer controller autoaim), but everything else is so much better with a controller.

I just got this game on PC and I do not own any controller to use. I always use keyboard and mouse, but it is very awkward in this game.

Can anyone please share their best tips for keyboard/mouse in RDR2 and/or link to kb+m tips?

I’m desperate for whatever useful keyboard tips people have. Almost all website discussing game tips reference controller buttons and are from console launch a year ago. Thanks.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How do you dive and shoot (or dive/roll between shots) with mouse+keyboard?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I heard this game had some optimization issues and poo poo when it first hit PC, is it resolved yet? Can I buy it? Really loved RDR 1 and I've been dying to play this one

the movement controls are super loving clunky on pc, and I HATE not being able to save anytime I want

but graphics performance and crash issues seem to not be a real problem

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

I spend all the Gold I had left on a limited-time giant hat, balloonist googles and other weird clothes, am I an idiot, or am I doing it right?

Can’t it be both

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is there any reason to play RDR2 single player instead of just playing RDR Online? Arthur's story, of course, but any unique game mechanics not present in RDR Online or things that transfer over to RDR Onilne?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I take back my comments about PC crashes. Launching RDR Online to free roam is causing instant crash for me now, with no apparent reason why. Nothing changed from this morning.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

latest 444.41

I fixed it by verifying files in R* launcher, then going to single player before going to RDRO.

Weird bug.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Poker is silly easy to make money in RDR Online; some people will max play any hand they're dealt.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What's the cheapest way to refill your dead eye ring (not core) in RDR Online? It seems like my dead eye is perpetually empty whenever I log in. I am new and only really know of chewing tobacco to refill it, which seems like it should not be the cheapest option for regular use.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RDR online

I was trying to sit down on a chair in a tavern and accidentally grabbed a lady by the throat instead, could not let her go -- dismiss threw her to the ground -- and a guy nearby beat me to death because I didn't want to fight back and gain dishonor/bounty.

um, ok. thanks default rockstar controls. wtf?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Theres a perk that raises your Dead Eye slowly over time. It is incredible.

Neat, what's it called / when can you get it?

edit: also, another question -- does it matter if you die during a bounty mission (frontier role quest) in RDR online?

reduced payout or any penalty for dying? (online only)

pmchem fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 2, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Sleekly posted:

Edit: thats for legndaries. In regular bounties you can die over and over, no biggie.

great!

for bounty rewards, you get: xp, gold and dollars. If you bring the target in dead, are gold or xp reduced? I know dollars are reduced.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fishstick posted:

There's 2 videos related to those settings that go over them with comparisons and where you can compromise the most for some gains without losing too much fidelity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=385eG1IEZMU . If you want to, there's probably one or two more big wins you can make without sacrifing much visually.

man that's 22 minutes of youtube

is there a tl;dr version that just puts the results in a static table on a single web page?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Red Dead Online, PC, mouse and keyboard:

is there a simple way to say "howdy" to someone else in the world? There is a roughly 3-step sequence to emote a wave that does not include a vocal hello.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm a new collector. I can almost afford a shovel. After I get a shovel, what should I do in order to be able to afford a metal detector? I'm looking for efficient farm. Bounties? Shovel-specific collection?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Breton, Klad, or Cirollo?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What's everyone's favorite Repeater?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Squirrel Burger posted:

i have gotten all 20 trader ranks by randomly dropping in on parties completing deliveries

This really is the best way to level trader. Almost all my trader xp / $$ has come from using the reddit redeadonline discord (yeah I know, ugh) to join in on groups looking to fill up for protection of large, distant deliveries.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I just realized you can use Q/E on the passive abilities menu to see other types of abilities. So that's where the other things people were talking about were hidden.

RIP my in-game $$$

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

word is collectors are screwed in the update

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

notes are updated
https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360040486473/RDR2-Title-Update-1-15-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-Stadia

edit: they are huge :stonk:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone have a link to a page that lists all the moonshiner story missions and how to activate them? I did the first post-cook, 'blood is thicker than shine', and now I just have the option to do that one again. I was kind of expecting a new mission. Are they unlocked by role rank, # of deliveries, or what...?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is there a good place to buy all the moonshine flavor ingredients for cheap?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

have they loving hotfixed persistent posses yet

that bug where they phantom fill is so annoying

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

If anyone wants easy bounty hunter xp, I've been ranking up the past two days using Etta Doyle with this guy's method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLmY7Y4gQE

Super easy. No shots fired, about 6 minutes of paying attention, then 25 minutes of AFK / alt-tab, then turn-in. Rinse, repeat after 48-minute cooldown period. At 5-star solo with level 75 outlaw pass, it's $225 and 1875 BH xp per run. That's nearly 1 BH rank per run. This is how I'm maxing out BH.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

All I wanted to do was rank up BH to buy a horse. I thought some other people may be interested, too. People have fun in different ways, you know.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Do gun stock (not wrap!) component upgrades help in any way? Or similarly, revolver grips?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Back Hack posted:

Are improved arrows and throwing knives retrievable? Everywhere I’ve read said they are, but I’ve never been able to do so.

I don't know. :(

Anyone have a bug where your horse won't gallop at full speed in cinematic mode? How to fix?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Does the free double-barrel variant holiday reward skin apply to just the standard "double-barrel shotgun", or also the unique weapon "rare shotgun" that happens to be a double-barrel?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

My goal early on was saving up enough money for dual Mausers. The double-barreled shotgun is probably my most-used gun though.

Gun upgrades, I just get them all since there’s nothing detrimental about them, all just boost the guns stats. Even the wrap will help your gun get dirtier at a slower rate.

Stock component upgrades, the wood grain one, does nothing through?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm finally getting to the point where I have some spare gold in RDR online.

What items are the best value for gold spent in RDRO? Anything particularly useful or fun?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Clavavisage posted:

The outlaw pass is best bang for your buck with gold if you're not grinding roles. Youll make it back plus unlock stuff that youll never use instead of spending it on other stuff youll never use. Plus it works well with super casual playing if youre just doing daily challenges.

I already have the outlaw pass and all the roles

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

One of the items you can buy as a Moonshiner is "Flammable Moonshine", which at first look costs 2 role tokens and some $$. It is a consumable.

If I buy some, consume it, and want to buy more, does the next purchase also cost 2 tokens? So you could in theory spend ALL your tokens just on flammable moonshine? Or are the 2 tokens a one-time cost?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

One of the items you can buy as a Moonshiner is "Flammable Moonshine", which at first look costs 2 role tokens and some $$. It is a consumable.

If I buy some, consume it, and want to buy more, does the next purchase also cost 2 tokens? So you could in theory spend ALL your tokens just on flammable moonshine? Or are the 2 tokens a one-time cost?

Note: appears to be one-time

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Hackers are out in force today. Dude was blowing people up in Blackwater and later I was blowing up repeatedly until like 5 respawns. Of course, when I was able to spawn my horse was dead and I was promptly eaten by a bear. I decided to log off at that point.

The blowing up instantly after respawn I haven’t seen before.

Someone did that infinite blow up thing to me in Van Horn today (PC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Use that jeanropke map to collect items with your new Arabian and you will quickly get enough money to cover guns and ammo

Start with alcohol bottles, tarot cards, and flowers if you don’t have a shovel yet

It’s also good xp for your new outlaw pass