Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

insane anime posted:

I actually made it through the game preserving as many members of the KKK as I could. THey can be powerful allies.

Your gimmick was funnier when it was about defending the controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wearing a mask will help with small crimes/slow investigation process, from what I can tell. To avoid a bounty you need to gently caress off and change clothes before you get identified.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

VolticSurge posted:

You didn't shoot the deputy,from the sounds of it.

gdi i was gonna post that

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I have a weird bug atm where Arthur's head is just constantly turned to the right lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Qubee posted:

I left all the drawers open lmao, nothing happened. story missions are usually pretty safe. though I did threaten the sleeping dude with a knife and then knocked him out.

I left all the drawers open, the kid noticed when they went inside and they all started shouting. Hosea got annoyed with me lmao and Arthur was like 'oh well I musta left the wardrobe open'.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Qubee posted:

it's a recurring theme that the ingame popups pass by way too loving quickly, like 80% of people playing this game are unable to read it, myself included. poo poo either pops when you're unable to divert attention to read it, or you get a few words into it before it fades out.

This is one thing I hate about Rockstar games. A lot of the tutorializing popups always happen during some kind of action or story scene, and they disappear so fast it's easy to miss them. I get them wanting to retain the flow of everything but I'd kinda like it if it paused the action for a hot second so you can retain some information.

e: doesn't help that it's a relatively small af little thing in the corner

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Zaa Boogie posted:

What I'm seeing is a bunch of people who've never primarily used subtitles in DVD and just learned to watch the whole screen.

I haven't missed a pop up yet. :colbert:

I don't even use subtitles in the game let alone when watching a movie !!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So can someone tell me how to do the duel thing? I can never read the instructional text before I get killed. so I end up just firing as quickly as I can which has worked so far but there has to be a better way. Something about slowly squeezing the trigger, but the times I've done that I get killed.

It's just pressure sensitivity, yeah. Slowly pull down on R2 and you'll go into a deadeye type mode while his hand hovers over the holster. Once you pull down completely you'll enter the slowdown and be able to line up your shots. Can't do it with your gun currently out ofc.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Some guy wanted a lift to Strawberry, but my horse gently nudged him as he was about to climb up so he ran off screaming nevermind I don't want your help anyway

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The fishing game in FFXV owns tho.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yes. One of the first things I did when getting to the Overlook was make a second save so I never have to play the prologue again.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Always check the quality of the animal before killing it, then make sure you use the appropriate weapon and get a clean kill.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Finally have days off. Other than one night where I could get away with staying up forever due to workin a later shift than usual, I haven't been able to really sit down for a long while with this game and you're goddamn right I'm going to do it now goddamnit!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Avoiding bounties seems to be mostly reliant on making sure you get the gently caress out of the red circle during the investigation phase. In town tho I think it's more likely to get an immediate bounty b/c lawmen are all over the place.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

rap music posted:

dunno if this has been mentioned but if you aim a weapon at animals it will also show you their rating, making the binocs pretty pointless

i didn't test it too much but iirc it only seemed to work with certain weapons like the bow and varmint rifle

Only if you have already studied them before, which binocs are useful for with new animals or w/e.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think too many people focus on getting rid of the witnesses and end up staying at the scene of the crime for too long. Easier to just loot your poo poo quick and peace the hell out.

e: granted if you're known to lawmen/a witness recognizes you then you may get a bounty easier? I'm not sure b/c I haven't actually had a bounty stick to me yet so I don't think I'm known to law enforcement

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I haven't had any issues with my PS4's suspend and resume in the two years or so I've had it so the saving stuff isn't a big issue for me. Though it can be annnoying not being able to manual save if you get thrust into a mission without meaning to by walking too close to someone with a yellow icon.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God I wish I could use the companion app on an emulated android ffs. It isn't compatible with either my tablet or phone and ngl I'd kind of love to just turn my monitor into a map since it's right beside my goddamn TV.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Moridin920 posted:

Also weird I definitely did that mission but pretty sure I just have the base game...

I bought the base game but got an insert in the box with some of the preorder stuff so :shrug:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Does this dude with the broken down wagon ever come back ffs lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

uncurable mlady posted:

I don’t reckon. In my game he walked a ways down the road then fell asleep against a tree.

lmao welp i'm taking his moonshine and looting the lock box, i have two horses to sell in strawberry

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

oh thank gently caress i can change the temperature to read in celsius why did i not do this sooner

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Down on the dpad will show you what the temperature currently is.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Are horse balls a myth btw I have like 5 horses and they're all mares :thunk:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

shortspecialbus posted:

To be clear, I don't have the bug. I was just asking if I was just missing her dialogue by bad luck or whatever. Thanks for the info!

Most of her dialogue in ch2 repeats the most of everyone at camp. She's still dealing with what happened.

Just got to ch3 and Sadie is my new best friend I wish to court her honourably

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I unironically love doin my camp chores.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ainsley McTree posted:

Has anyone been able to figure out how to ride a horse without losing stamina? I had a blink-and-you-miss-it tooltip that said something about tapping the sprint button to the rhythm of the horse’s gallop but I haven’t been able to figure out exactly what that rhythm is.

I tap on the jingle of metal and seem to do just fine not losing stamina.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also the duel mechanic is fun and good. I like hovering over the gun during story and companion missions where it seems poo poo might go south

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I roll around in rolled up sleeves 90% of the time i am a very cool cowlad

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

BizarroAzrael posted:

How does the law figure out who I am when I do crimes? I did my first solo train robbery last night, put my mask on up the tracks as the train left the station, took the cab and parked it on a bridge. I was alone in one of the storage carriages and the indicate starts saying they are looking for Arthur.

Train guards seem to count as law enforcement, and law enforcement can see through masks. It's still really weird you get a bounty right away imo. I feel like instead it should pop when the train is supposed to hit the next station and doesn't show up or something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I don’t get it either. I put together a fancy boy outfit that’s just a shirt and vest but the game warns me that I don’t have a hot weather outfit when I go out of the camp. However the default hot weather gunslinger outfit has a jacket?? I guess that must be one hot vest

It pops that warning if you don't have hot or cold outfits saved to the saddle iirc

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ainsley McTree posted:

Right, my shirt-and-vest outfit was one of the three I had saved to the saddle; I had designed it thinking that surely a light and breezy outfit like that would be suitable for heat but :shrug:

Oh, weird. Sometimes I find the outfit I'm currently wearing doesn't save to the saddle properly. I usually have a spare hot outfit for doin crimes, or the same as my usual but with a jacket, and that seems to fix it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If you're not sure how to spoiler posts about story stuff, don't post imo

I'm not too fussed about spoilers personally but ffs the game is story heavy and barely over a week old lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

veni veni veni posted:

If you ditch your horse for another one found in the wild, do you lose it or will it show up at the stable?

Your main horse will remain an icon on the map. You can have a main horse and a temporary horse once you get a level one bond with whichever you find in the wild or steal. You can whistle to have the main horse follow you, also.

A good hunting tip is take two horses with you for more pack space. You can probably even do 3 so long as you keep the bond low on the third. Both your main and temporary horse will respond to the same whistles when in range.

e: also to change your main horse go to a stable and switch your saddle over to the one you want

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

uncle w benefits posted:

Is the xbonex version supposed to be nicer and prettier than the PS Pro?

Yes. Though HDR is hosed on all consoles.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

For people worried they have the characters not appearing bug in ch2, have you been thoroughly checking the outskirts of camp? Sadie, Abigail, John and Jack spend a lot of time not in the camp proper from my experience. Jack in particular can be hard to spot in the grass, and John is on guard duty at times so even further out than the others might be.

With Sadie being gone tho you aren't missing much. Her dialogue is mostly about how upset she is and repeats a lot. She has a few unique convos with the other girls but not a lot. Sucks for people missing out on the John and Abigail stuff tho, they have some good arguments.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Man that sucks. I hope I don't get hit with the bug, in ch3 right now. Chilling in camp is one of my favourite things to do.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In that case you may have to wait to do the mission that technically unlocks it. It'll be the first Micah mission you get.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dogen posted:

Shoot the loving lock jesus

Or at least release the horses first lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I had a black duster when I started. Unless it's a different one?