Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is it really fair to call Shark Cards "micro"transactions, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cultural Marxist posted:

I wonder if they’ve left in GTA V’s best feature, the ability to needlessly faceplant on demand.

I hope they're not leaving it out of multiplayer again.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

HORMELCHILI posted:

the only real issues with gta online are bad netcode and an unfair economy that is leaned to push people to buy shark cards, the rest of the bitching is equivalent to someone rolling a new lvl 1 character in an MMO and wondering why they cant get the flaming armored white tiger mount immediately

Also reproducible bugs remaining in for 4+ years and auto-banning a huge number of players by mistake, telling them to go gently caress themselves, and then quietly reversing the bans without comment.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I was sad about being relegated to lovely wi-fi for a couple of weeks just around launch, making it impossible to download those eleventy billion gigs, but it seems like I'll be sitting out the worst if it. Feel bad for all you guys, though.

Anybody else have a 9600K paired with a 3GB 1060? How does it perform? Provided it performs at all.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Poor Freckles, thought of i5 microprocessors and died.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fishstick posted:

Does the R* Launcher have any kind of game management? Checking local files, seeing when updates were installed, that sort of thing? Basically, anything outside of hitting "play" ? It's kind of dumb you can't see when / if you're patched up.

Yeah, click game, then settings.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fishstick posted:

That just goes to the general rockstar launcher settings for update throttling and such, I meant game-specific settings. EG seeing when a game was updated, how much space it's taking up, creating desktop shortcuts, that kind of thing.

Sorry, I got it reversed. Click settings, then select the game from the left menu.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I think I already know the answer, but is the Rockstar Launcher capable of resuming a download if the connection craps out or I have to restart the computer?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fishstick posted:

It can absolutely do resumes, I downloaded that 105gb install across several nights at 2mb/s, even between restarts

Great! I thought it was 150 GB?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Some people mentioned having trouble with the latest NVidia drivers. Which version are you guys using without issue?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Unpacked I guess

112.41 GB download for me. Yikes.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Are there any awesome bugs in RDR2 comparable to humans flying by flapping their arms or the hang gliding horse?

Squirrel Burger posted:

150gb is a lot but then i remember that they've tricked a rock into recreating the old west by blasting electricity through it and piped it to your apartment at lightspeed and you know, i'm okay with waiting a few extra hours

I'm stuck on 10Mbit via wi-fi at the moment, estimated time just says "A day remaining".

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 16, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What's the best way to spend the pre-order gold?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I wish the game had an "Ignore system limits" like GTA V. Is there any way to force settings? Textures on High looks kinda muddy. Otherwise the settings posted a few pages back work fine for me, although I think I could push them a little further if the game didn't bitch about vRAM.

And fullscreen keeps reverting to borderless for some reason.

Game is brilliant otherwise.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is there any way to avoid matchmaking so I don't have to play with idiots who fail the intro mission?

Edit: Guess not. So they included a way for people to grief others that prevents them from accessing online free roam.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 19, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Make Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings\system.xml read-only after adjusting your settings. Also the only way I was able to get fullscreen to stick and enable ultra textures without the game bitching about vRAM.

Edit: , nevermind, it resets them anyway.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 19, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Should I use the launch parameter on a 9600K or is it strictly for HT-enabled processors?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That stuff has been fixed as of yesterday. See here

Thanks for the heads up, though I haven't really had stuttering issues and am running DX12. Thought it also addressed CTDs, I get those in online once in a while around towns.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Previously I couldn't run the game because it kept stuttering and crashing. With today's patch combined with the Nvidia hotfix I downloaded(it does not download automatically as part of the regular driver update) it's running perfectly. I played for 3 hours without any stuttering or crashing. And godamn is it gorgeous. This is the most beautiful game I've ever played. I could ride around for hours doing nothing in particular.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...etail/a_id/4930

Quick question, does it gently caress with individual control panel settings for games?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Still getting CTDs near towns, depsite the hotfix.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Have you messed with your games CPU priority? When I put it on high, as that is a fix that works in GTA5, I would get crashes instead of stutters.

Nope. Googling suggests it's mainly a DX12 issue, but I get worse frames with Vulkan.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Agarita flower can suck my loving dick.

And I think I cursed myself naming my horse Freckles. Managed to get trampled to death by my own horse.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I think I might have fixed my RDO crashing issue. I had made system.xml read-only with fullscreen enabled. Apparently DX12 doesn't support that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Transmogrifier posted:

Also: Agarita only appears at night.

I'm aware (using this helpful map), but it can spawn in several different locations. I got it immediately when I logged on after posting that.

Completed the tarot cards, too. Thanks to whomever recommended the Collector certification, now I got a big wad of cash. How much do bounties pay on average?

Any particular guns to beeline for?

Also, where can I find the Klan? I wanna try out some dynamite.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Transmogrifier posted:

Klan does not appear to exist in multiplayer afaik.

That sucks. I promised my friend we could hunt klansmen together if he'd join me.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What's a good horse for online? Should I just look for one in the wild or pony (heh) up the cash?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Squirrel Burger posted:

you can't tame wild horses online. fwiw i like the collector's Criollo, the lvl 20 coats have endgame speed stats and you can grind to 20 relatively quickly with the online maps

Thanks for the advice. They're kinda ugly, though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can anyone explain why the gently caress Beardo McGee keeps packing up my camp?

Squirrel Burger posted:

the bay frame is alright. looks like a cow, i call mine cookies & cream. the marble coat, well, ymmv, i thought it made the horse look like lunch meat

Yeah, I'm gonna go with that. I almost feel tempted to drop 42 gold on that black Arabian, but you have to be rank 70.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

WoodrowSkillson posted:

There are only so many camp spaces and unlike GTA online they exist in the game world so there is no way for them to handle you going from one session to the other, if someone else is in your spot.

It seems to move around anyway. So what determines who gets to have a camp?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Morshu posted:

I can try, but like I mentioned the game apparently thinks my PC can't handle it so the only way I can get it to ultra is if I force it by editing the config files. I can turn every setting to the lowest possible and try to crank textures to ultra and it says I "don't have enough memory"

I have a 1060 3GB and am forcing it through system.xml without issue, just set it to read-only and keep a copy around for when the game updates.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Found out the hard way that some people roleplay Indians in this game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Basic Chunnel posted:

drat guys are out here hunting and fishing ??

Possibly that, too. I probably should have specified the movie kind.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Saw four red dots in a town I was entering. Nodded politely to one of them, then they shot me and rode on. They were all kitted out with bare chests, skin pants and long hair. Killer was called Nightwolf-something.

fuf posted:

Does anyone have a link to recommended settings for a GTX 1070? Should I just follow this image?

Use this as a base. You can probably bump up some of the settings significantly.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 25, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wait for the next line of Nvidias at least, they're due out early 2020. Seems like a fine machine otherwise? Are you playing in 4K or something?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I just got the one Collector level 20 Criollo that doesn't resemble rotting bologna and am very satisfied with my purchase. I was eyeing the black Arabian, but on top of being ridiculously expensive it will apparently buck you if it spots an ant.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Got a cool raccoon hat and 10 gold bars from enabling 2-step verification.

Also, new Nvidia drivers are out. Supposed to fix issues for those using Vulkan.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lugubrious! posted:

Did you have to do anything special after you enabled it to get the bonus stuff? I just added it to my account and got nuthin'

It can take a day or two, I think. I got mine immediately, but it took a day for the 500K to show up in GTA.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How do I activate the Collector weekly thing? First one I got a letter, this week there's nothing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

pmchem posted:

I take back my comments about PC crashes. Launching RDR Online to free roam is causing instant crash for me now, with no apparent reason why. Nothing changed from this morning.

Which driver version are you on?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How's the white Perlino Andalusian in terms of throwing you off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Transmogrifier posted:

I used an Andalusian for a long time in the single player, and it was really nice. It's a war horse so it tends to do better around predators and gun fights, but it may not be the fastest horse around if speed is your thing.

My friend is more concerned with looks, I already have the best Criollo myself.