Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Did the bird eggs collection. Last egg failed to show up where it was supposed to. Spent a lot of .22 to get some of them. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fishstick posted:

Keep in mind all collector items are on cycles that vary based on day of the week, so an egg/item/plant you find on monday might not be there again until wednesday. Most collector maps/routes specify which cycle out of 3 they're for. Eggs often bug out though, like shooting their nest and the egg not falling to the ground and just staying stuck in the tree.

The interactive map accounts for that and all the others were in the right place. A lot of times the nests don't spawn, either, so you have to hit the tiny egg on a high branch from the right angle. Ended up just selling the eggs individually. Never doing that again.

Just got the gun trick skill, though! :clint:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hakarne posted:

So I really want the level 20 Kladruber (trader) mount because I'm sick of bitch-rear end horses that buck me when a cougar glances at them, and those are sexy and the best around wildlife (from what I've read). I found a great place to powerlevel trader if you don't mind a slight (but still fun imo) grind.

- Set your camp to Gaptooth Ridge.
- You'll need to session hop until your camp is placed in the open area south of Tumbleweed, North of The Scratching Post, and West of Benedict Point. There are two camp locations that I've gotten in that area so far.
- You only have two delivery locations from those camps: Benedict Point or Scratching Post. Both are less than a minute away for delivery.
- You get the same amount of trader exp (200) even if you only deliver 1 good. So you can quickly chain run deliveries for easy exp. Each level (at least up to 18) is 2k exp so it can go really quick if you get lucky and don't have shootouts on delivery.
- There are plenty of pronghorn and other medium animals around the camp and delivery points. Kill any 3-star animals you see on your way back from deliveries to keep your supplies topped off.
- Also, if you see a large flock of birds shoot a bunch down (Paint It Black card helps). Each feather gives 5 trader exp when turned in, and birds can give 2-4 feathers each. That exp adds up quickly! 5+ birds can be an easy 50-100 trader exp.
- Do supply missions as they pop for 500 trader exp.

I got 3 trader levels in ~2 hours of play doing this and that was with plenty of shooting, looting, and hunting. The trickiest part is getting RNGesus to place your camp in the right spot without Cripps being a fucker and packing it up. The firefights on delivery help keep it interesting, and there's plenty to hunt as well for some variety. Be warned, the Benedict Point delivery location will spawn a LOT of enemy NPCs if there's an ambush, including some elevated on the ridge. So make sure you're able to handle large NPC shootouts.

Hey, thanks for this. I'm chilling out in the desert now, hunting and carting stuff around.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Camp bugs are seriously putting a damper on my enjoyment of the trader role. :sigh:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Love to lose an entire shipment of goods as the game loads in your and Cripps' lowest LOD models standing around whittling forever in their perfectly square hats.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any tips for Trader? It's such a grind. I've been holding off on the medium wagon, because it feels bad enough already when I lose a shipment to a disconnect or loading bug or the horse panics onto a rock and gets the wagon stuck.

pmchem posted:

What's everyone's favorite Repeater?

Thirding Lancaster. I went back to it after buying the Litchfield. The extra damage was nice, but the range and accuracy was too big a trade-off.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Do I seriously have to apply the camp theme every time I log in?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, seems to have fixed itself now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ainsley McTree posted:

I hope this means they fixed the camp bug

No, however, they added a new bug where the icon shows up, but the camp isn't there.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Getting looong loading screens. Are the servers making GBS threads the bed?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

My friends and I had trouble joining each other's games yesterday. They were using free aim and I'm on a controller, got the warning about aiming mode and started loading, but ultimately ended with an error about Rockstar services. Thing is, they could join on each other, but I couldn't join either of them or vice versa, and changing the aim mode manually made no difference for either of us. After the patch, the game wants me to restart if I change control settings, even force feedback. Anybody experience similar issues?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody else unable to matchmake? I keep getting thrown into an empty Showdown. I just need 0.97 more gold for that drat speakeasy.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hakarne posted:

Also the leather wrap on my shotgun keeps reverting to the default color whenever I log back in, which looks ugly with my color scheme. So I either have to keep the default color or spend $20 to keep changing it back. Damnit, Rockstar

Yeah, it keeps reverting immediately for me on the Bolt-Action. Shows up correctly in the Customize menu, though.

Also keep getting hit by the fun "Your posse has abandoned the mission" bug during bounties.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I wasn't in a posse, either.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Continuing the proud GTA tradition of breaking poo poo with every patch.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can't make special stews. How do you gently caress up a patch this bad? Did :rockstar: hire some :dice: people?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Navy is loving sweet. :blastu:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Saw my first cheater today. Invincibility and unlimited dynamite arrows in Most Wanted.

Also had somebody make my horse immovable somehow, then he lassoed me, I broke free, beat him to death, he came back and did it again, then went into a saloon, only to have the business end of my shotgun provide the chaser.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hakarne posted:

- Colors reverting on leather wrap.

Also happens with the new cloth wrap.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dick Jones posted:

Does anyone know what causes those random mission "dings" in RDO? It's the same sound effect that you hear when you complete a stage of a mission and the objective updates. I thought it had something to do with another player making a long distance trader sale, but when I check the map there's no wagon icon anywhere.

Probably a bug, I've noticed it, too. Moonshiner update is full of them.

My friend has a cool one that randomly switches his aiming mode at launch, but always shows "Normal" (lock-on) in the settings menu. Joining on somebody with a different aiming mode doesn't work the first time, ever. However, it will usually subsequently change your aiming mode to the one you join on after giving an error, meaning you can join on the second attempt. Except when you can't. Sometimes I have to restart the game three times to get the setting to stick, but at least the settings menu will reflect the one it's actually set to.

:rockstar:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PaybackJack posted:

So is there no "tip your hat" emoji to purchase or am I just missing it? This seems like an oversight.

It's an unlock in the Trader role, costs $200 and is totally worth it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PaybackJack posted:

Dang, gonna take me a while to get the gold to unlock that.

It's supposed to be on sale for 10 gold, don't know how long that lasts. Do dailies and find somebody you can tag along with on bounties. PvP also gives a bit of gold if you do well.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

No more snow :/

Good, I was getting tired of not being able to see poo poo in Eagle Eye and being overweight because I had to counteract the freezing temps with food.

No, I'm not going to make a warm outfit.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

deadseedinside posted:

I've had 3 animals stapled to my horse for multiple in-game days without having them go down in quality or anything detrimental.

What sort of black magic did you employ to avoid getting disconnected within that time?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sleekly posted:

At least the camp one is (mostly) gone.

Which one? The camp never gets done pitching, the icon shows up without the camp present, or the camp spawns on top of another player's?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sleekly posted:

I can use the main menu to spawn into camp pretty reliably. I haven't actually tried moving it (Gaptooth Ridge ftw).

I used it a bunch at first, but now it reliably gives me endless loading screens.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anyone know what error 0x5000000a is? I can't connect all of a sudden. I'm on the same connection as my friend presently and he's playing it fine, as was I until a few minutes ago.

We figured out why we couldn't join each other's sessions, however. He's on free aim and I'm using lock-on. It fucks up if you join via the Social Club drop-down, but works fine using the in-game player list. :rockstar:

Edit: Fixed itself magically.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 31, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Babe Magnet posted:

error 0x5 was the servers making GBS threads themselves, it was hitting everyone.

Except my friend, evidently. :shrug:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Babe Magnet posted:

Weird, none of us in the discord could get in and people were complaining about it on the reddit. Interesting.

Hm, maybe he logged on just before the issue started and I was trying immediately afterwards. Google found a guy unable to log on for two days with the same error code, but that was a year ago. Something's up with their servers generally in any case, a few times he got "The buyers were killed" while I got a sale when we delivered his goods, although his stock remained.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ash1138 posted:

I thought you get the same amount of trader XP per delivery run regardless of how many goods you're actually selling so running delivery missions as soon as it allows you to will rank up that role fast. Like if you're in it for the XP, getting a bigger wagon and waiting for it to fill all the way up is counterproductive.

Large wagons give considerably more XP, but it's probably quicker to do more small deliveries.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Maxed out all the roles and reached rank 112. What do I do for fun now besides spinning my revolvers like a lunatic?

Ygolonac posted:

Don't larger deliveries spawn more and tougher fights at the dropoff?

Not in my experience.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

doingitwrong posted:

What guns are ya’ll running with? Online?

I can’t tell if I like the Carbine or the Lancaster better they are my go to for mid range and missions. I’ve got the Bolt Action Rifle for longer range and hunting. And dual sawed off shotguns for deleting individual players in close combat. Varmint rifle for hunting small game and sometimes in PvP. Have been thinking about the rolling block rifle.

Dual Navy, Lancaster, Bolt-Action. Sometimes Double-Barrel for CQB PvP, otherwise Bolt-Action.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the Springfield a step up from the Bolt-Action?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

To whoever asked pages ago: No, barber stuff you buy with gold is NOT permanently unlocked.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Twice tonight I've been teleported and exploded by hackers. Before this I've encountered just one invincible dude with unlimited dynamite arrows in a PvP mode. Cool that :rockstar: still haven't figured out basic anti-cheat measures and intelligently decided against private sessions this time around.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Collector belt/holster is pretty sweet, too, and you'll unlock that in no time.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sleekly posted:

u can moonshine without having to hunt, and with the animal bug thing levelling trading is slow and frustrating.

moonshine you just gotta have certain herbs and the outlaw pass will have probably already given you enough for soma fancy rear end shine. go shine imo

On the other hand, there's a bug with moonshine that straight up steals your product and the $60 spent on mash.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TorakFade posted:

Oh and one last thing, is it WAD that I'm underweight all the time? I've started wolfing down several bowls of stew every time I'm at camp, and I munched through my entire stack of plain cooked meats just to try and get back to normal, but I'm still underweight and can't seem to even move one step towards "normal". Had the same problem in singleplayer too...

Seems like it only updates after relogging. I managed to get overweight during the snowy weather 'cause I had to eat constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Choom Gangster posted:

Speaking of weapons, has anyone else been locked out of the High Roller Revolver variant at the Emerald Ranch fence? I didn't pick it up before it got locked, but today I got around the lock by using the gun voucher benefit.

Great jank as per usual R*.

You can also buy it with gold. :rockstar:

Provided you don't get disconnected a trillion times over in the attempt. Are their servers getting DDoS'ed or some poo poo?