Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Aphex- posted:

From the IGN review:

:hmmyes:

Reminds me when people say they play female characters because "you're going to be looking at their butt anyway".

Uh, I don't stare at my characters rear end, I look at the environment and enemies, c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

My mom wanted to buy me a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PS4, but I told the old hag to go to hell. Real gamers with 'tude know that only the X-Box One X™ had the power to deliver True Cowboy Action. X-Box™ is the Voice of a New Generation.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Who is Ned, anyways? Character's name is Arthur.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

what happens when you shoot the baby deer in it dick tho

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

tons of m$ft and coke shills ITT. it's kinda odd

Haha not a Shill good buddy. Just average red blooded American male of age 18 to 35 who enjoys refreshing taste of ice cold Coca Cola™ while enjoying the superior performance of the X-Box One X Home Gaming Console™.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The besst nonspinoff X-Men movie is a prequel. The Planet of the Apes prequel series is one of the best movie trilogies ever made.

Also Rockstar already made a half dozen prequels to GTA 3 and they were all pretty good too.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kroEiX5tkE0

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Boy, people love uploading videos of themselves killing the suffragette for some reason...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Honestly I'd see them bringing back Jack just to kill him in a cutscene.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Really? Seems more like Game Shark to me.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This hunting and crafting game has missions in it?!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

*Shoots at birds for crafting*
*Trapper screams, goes running for the hills*
Wanted - Disturbing the Peace

Sorry that my hunting offended you, man who's every possession is made of fur.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

How'd folks feel if an openworld game like RDR3 came out and there was no main mission plotline, just several distinct sidequest plotlines that were fully parallel? And the resources poured into the main plot were instead allocated elsewhere?

No thanks. The story has been a big reason I love both games.

Wouldn't mind if Rockstar overhauled their mission design, however.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Can you cheat at card games in this one like you could in the first game?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Regular Dominoes is easy. Just match the pips and be the first one to run out of dominoes. Try to use up your high value dominoes first.

What I don't understand is the variant you also find in game based on 5s.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Am I the only one who thought the original RDO was the best online Rockstar has ever done?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

hup posted:

Of course a straight up regular black jacket isn’t available until the epilogue :mad:

Think that's bad? There are no ponchos at all in this game.

Sure, the game takes place further east and all that, but c'mon.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Christ I've been reeling in this (presumably) legendary fish for 30+ minutes now with no visible progress. That's a little extreme, don't you think?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

For some reason they decided to make a bunch of fake presidents for this one when the first game had real president Wilson.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't remember any reference to Liberty City in the first RDR. Usually it seems like the actual game world is fictional but everything beyond its borders is mostly real, getting less fictional the further away you get.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Naw, Rhodes is more of a plantation town of the Deep South. Oklahoma was still Indian territory in 1899.

The Heartlands is Kansas what with the name and being just East of the "Grizzlies" and all. I don't think the game lines up 1:1 with real places but Abilene, KS is a somewhat comparable cattle town. e: Or Dodge City. It's definitely Dodge City.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 16, 2019

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's a lot easier to swallow a fake Caribbean nation than it is to fake America's huge, sole, southern neighbor. Might as well call the US Liberty Land or whatever at that point.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That one took me a while. If you're playing at the Van Horn blackjack table try switching to the Rhodes table (or vice versa.) They seemed to give me lower value cards.

e: For some reason the last Gambler challenge is way easier than half the ones before it.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 18, 2019

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Try to imagine a Rockstar game with the mission design philosophy of Metal Gear Solid 5. They can still have the great writing and characters, but just give you a bit more freedom in the missions with a bunch of flexible tools to accomplish it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Make sure to make it a selfie with Arthur awkwardly posing above the corpse.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They have a star rating next to them.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Shaved head, max sideburns.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I discovered the hat earlier today and felt so fly strolling back into camp when the first thing I heard was someone (forget who) asking Arthur why he was dressed so stupid.

Ya done ruined my day, pardner

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I hear that train a comin,
It's rolling round the bend...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Did anyone else do this?

(very mild spoilers) That mission where the bounty hunters hide in the corn. The game wants you to watch birds being startled to find them but I just chucked dynamite randomly into each field.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's a great feeling too, to be stopped by some fools and to slowly inch your hand down to your gun belt, the camera pulling in...

Then blam, you waste everyone before they can even draw. :clint:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I kind of like having a prominent moustache with a smaller beard/stubble but Jeremiah Johnson mode is pretty good too.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I thought I was clever with a Morgan horse named Arthur but at least a few other people online beat me to the punch.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

maybe, but it's functional fat. few gorge themselves solely for aesthetics

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well he redeems himself, kind of, in RDR1.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I definitely never saw this act in my playthrough, oh well guess I’d better play again

Canonical path: Go to the show in St. Denis. Don't take your seat, instead stand as close to the stage as possible, with no consideration for the people behind you. Heckle the guy presenting the show whenever he appears, then mash the hoot button when the talent comes on stage.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pardner, being a cowboy ain't a lifestyle, it's a way of life. :clint:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

How quickly we forget San Andreas.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They should have just copied the RDO formula wholesale and added GTA:O heists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Best Boah :eyepop: