Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

At chapter three and Sadie Adler wearing pants is freaking everyone the gently caress out. I also like how unashamedly capitalist the foreman of Appleseed Timber Co. is, "just because a couple of you got mauled to death by a pack of wolves does not mean you can stop working!"

Also, John Marston, so dumb that having wolves eat half his brain made him smarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That white cougar mission can eat a dick though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

I used the mining helmet whenever possible which ruined the mood of some of the more dramatic scenes but made that cougar one a lot easier since I no longer had to choose between 'hold light' and 'aim rifle'

Or you could just do what I did and just not do the mission and have fun with the game instead.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

All the story missions are good because Arthur is an enjoyable guy to follow around and hear him comment on all the bullshit he has to deal with

I enjoy going fishing with Javier just to hear him and Arthur talk. But getting killed over and over again by an enemy who can kill you in one hit and is so fast it's almost impossible to shoot it is not something I think is good.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

this game has more buttons than most flying simulators and there's a ton of overlap

you do eventually get used to it but even one hundred hours in i still occasionally punch my horse in the face

Having the same button for greeting and aiming your gun seems especially idiotic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So I decided to try and was my clothes for blood by swimming in the water. Not only did it work but you could see blood floating in the water as you swam. I also shot a duck plucked it's feather and left it lying, few minutes after ravens landed and started to eat the remains.

Also, John Marston, still can't swim.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

I didn't want to shoot her, what a pretty cat :(

Even Arthur didn't want to!

In one of Arthur's conversations with Tilly he talks about how he keeps killing animals for no reason.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I wondered about that, I was curious if that was because of things I was doing in the game.

I think it is, he also speak about how he keep killing innocent people for no reason.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So I visited the gunsmith in Rhodes and discovered that he had chained up someone in his cellar and dressed him as his deceased son:stare: .After freeing him the gunsmith was so distraught that he didn't mind that I stole everything that wasn't nailed down. I also caught some klansmembers lighting a cross and accidentally setting themselves on fire.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 11, 2020

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've beaten this game twice and I don't think I've ever seen the klansmen. I assume they must only come out at night, my cowboy RP code usually has me going to sleep after sundown

Why? I only make Arthur sleep when he's tired. If I had made him sleep right after sundown I wouldn't catch all the campfire conversations for example. Like the one where Lenny talks about his father who was a slave.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aggro posted:

So far the most insane thing that I've seen is a random encounter where I got invited into a house for dinner and drinks. The whole thing is fully rendered in cutscenes and has multiple options for how to go about the action. Arthur ultimately gets drugged, robbed, and thrown into a ditch full of corpses. Thankfully, you can march right back into the house, murder the psychopaths, and take back your money.

Yeah, I got to that house. But I knew about it because I had seen it on youtube so I just kept walking. What I wasn't prepared for to be lurking in the bayou was the night folk:stare:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I love how Arthur gives the shopkeeper poo poo after he criticizes Sadie for buying pants.
"I would never let my women wear that!"
"Oh yeah? How many women have you had?"
"......"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So after my meeting with burning klansmen I happened on another one. After shooting them I discovered that one of them had a note suggesting they found less flammable robes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So I did the professor missions and found a candidate for him. And then Arthur makes a long speech about how elecricity will gently caress you up:stare:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Deadeye is lot like bullet time from Max Payne 3. RDR2 also has the slo-mo moments from MP3 when you make a cool shot.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TorakFade posted:

This didn't stop some horrible lady to bemoan about me for not contributing enough of course

Literally the first camp interaction I had after Arthur had almost been tortured to death was her complaining about me not giving enough money

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

At least she didn't make you take a bath, I guess

Baths is a waste of money, you can just let Arthur stand in a river instead.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Dress up is my favorite part of any game and glad there's a robust system here. So many men and animals have died to feed Arthur's relentless appetite for fashion.

I killed a pig farmer just to get some perfect pig pelts.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shot my first legendary animal (the beaver) and solved the murder mystery.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I just put up a camp and a member of the Murfree Brood Gang just casually sits himself next to my campfire and warns me that the next time he will kill me.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I pretty much maxed out my horse and decided to switch to a new one and it feels.....wrong.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I recently discovered that it's possible to lasso animals and get a perfect pelt without using a single bullet or arrow. So what I've been doing is to lure livestock away from any witnesses and then it's lasso o'clock.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Yeah, I spent a bit just going back and forth from Emerald Ranch to the trapper with horses loaded up with perfect furs I got by creeping in the night, in the dark and lasso stabbing the livestock.

I also just discovered that you can have literal caravans with pelts. I also found out that I had a horse that I'd accidentally bonded with lurking around. He just randomly showed up when I whistled for my main horse and now I've decided to max up his leves too. So far he's dumb as a brick and can't jump over the smallest obstacle. But we'll get there:unsmith:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 13, 2020

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Morter posted:

Arthur is a charming motherfucker and I adore him.

https://i.imgur.com/PvDoxIF.mp4

The bathing scenes were he tries to make small talk is so awkward.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Bayou is an...interesting place to spend the night in.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I've reached point of the tuberculosis deer:ohdear:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My legendary bison sank:ohdear: Luckily :rockstar: realized that this could be an issue an put in safeguards, but still..

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Finally got the legendary bullgator to spawn and:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Butcher's Creek really is the Hills Have Eyes.

I am currently rocking a look that can only be described as "herpetile".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

OgNar posted:

Yesterday I had 2 instances of it where I saved a lady who was tied up, so I shot the kidnapper and put her on the ground and got the prompt to cut her free, nope, kicked her instead. Now she hates me.
Haha, this exact thing happened to me today.

quote:

e: Ok googled trappers which I will get to later, hopefully my legendary pelt I left laying in camp because I didnt know what to do with it, wont despawn.
Legendary pelts automatically goes to the trapper if you abandoned them. Basically you can't lose them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I killed the legendary grizzly bear.I dedicate this senseless killing of this innocent animal to the memory of Hosea

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I am now on chapter six and have decided to not move the plot forward for a while.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Legendary wolf is shot. I really liked the area where it was too.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred posted:

I also found out that I had a horse that I'd accidentally bonded with lurking around. He just randomly showed up when I whistled for my main horse and now I've decided to max up his leves too. So far he's dumb as a brick and can't jump over the smallest obstacle. But we'll get there:unsmith:

Update: That horse is dead now. He remained a dumb motherfucker who was afraid of his own shadow to the end.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Found Marko Dragic murdered by his robot and then the robot sitting on a mountain. Probably for the best considering that Dragic had planned to create a robot army and take over the world.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Finished the main story:
Poor Buell.
I got the vision stag. It's a neat little touch that your spirit animal changes depending on your moral.
Guarma felt really pointless. At least with Mexico you meet Landon Ricketts and Rockstar tries to say something about revolutions and foreign intervention.
I really wish Sadie Adler was the main character.

Hunting is both fun and frustrating. It's frustrating that not every animal is in perfect condition and that you constantly have to change your weapons and ammo when you hunt animals. But when you finally nail a perfect pelt it feels really good. Hunting legendary animals is also fun because you really feel like you're tracking some mythic beast.
The eating and body weight system was extremely frustrating. In the end I felt that it was completely impossible to keep Arthur at even normal weight.
The hair growing system felt really good though. Having to grow your beard and hair was a nice way of making the character seem alive.
Rockstar really nailed the open world this time. It really feels like a living place. There's a ton off stuff to do unlike other open worlds that feels empty.
As usual the environments looks loving amazing while the actual humans looks stiff. It gets embarrassing when you compare the game to games like HZD or Uncharted 4 which is older and yet has better facial animations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ruffian Price posted:

It's scripted to be harder as the disease progresses

Yes, but even before Arthur got tb I just couldn't fatten him up

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

doctor 7 posted:

I choked out some poor rando lady in St Denis scrambling to get on my horse because

I accidentally punched some poor loving dude for no reason

It's a RDR right of passage, really
I killed a sheep, then someone saw me and I had to kill him before he reported the crme, then someone saw me killing him and I had to kill yet again to escape a bounty.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You're going to have to ask the clerk from the pharmacy to let you in.

Sure, ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Morter posted:

Not exactly the greatest story, but after the 2nd time of observing what happens when you approached a hanged isolated body, I made a habit of packing a long shotgun every time I stop off my horse. :tinfoil:

:same: