Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

games are supposed to be about the characters and story in addition to the gameplay, and it's really stupid if you skip cutscenes in a story-heavy game because then you won't understand anything and complain.

Quoted because theres a few people who need to see this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Cultural Marxist posted:

I think* the trailers we’ve seen so far have all been captured on the PS4. Can’t remember if they said it was Pro or Vanilla though.

*I am happy to be corrected about this, I’m fairly sure, but could be wrong.

AFAIK everything that has been shown off has been on the Pro.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fart City posted:

Yeah there was a period of time there where Rockstar actually had really cool informative marketing. Like they would break down the trailers into covering different aspects of the game, such as the physics engine or music. It was all very educational and helped build hype, but they just stopped doing it completely.

... did... did you just totally miss the gameplay trailer they dropped? :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE

They've already teased more trailers like this, going into detail about other aspects of the game as well. So this is 1/?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I put a 2tb SSD in my PSPoor, and holy poo poo the change in load times was distinctly noticeable. I might need to go buy another for my Pro and do the same. That, and even 1tb is getting to be not enough storage space nowadays.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ThomasPaine posted:

I bought a 2tb hdd and when I check the actual storage it's more like 1.6tb which is apparently within acceptable tolerance levels :colbert:

Same. Or 1.7tb. Whatever. Apparently the PS4 reserves space on the drive for... reasons? :shrug:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Is the cloning part hard?

What do you mean by 'cloning'?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
LegacyKilla makes me laugh because he stretches out one tiny piece of information to 15 minute videos. I was really confused how he constantly did this, then I watched a few of his videos, and all he does is read press articles over cut scenes and gameplay from the trailers. He doesn't add anything insightful or significant.

What a hack.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Which Xbox One did you get? I fully expect the Xbox One X to be the best console to play RDR2 on. Performance and graphic fidelity is going to go; Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro, PlayStation 4, Xbox One (S).

You'd probably be wildly incorrect. R* has exclusivity deals with Sony, so I wouldn't put it past them to optimize RDR2 for the PSPro. Also, everything they've released gameplay wise has been captured on the Pro, so we have no idea what it will even look like on the XBoneOneX.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

titties posted:

Disc vs. download: you can sell the disc or trade it at GameStop when you get tired of loving r* bullshit

And GameStop will offer you a modest $2.80 less than a year after release.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Babe Magnet posted:

just get asscreed now and grab RDR2 a week after it comes out, at the beginning of November. That'll give you some time to read some reviews too

Or, conversely, gently caress rear end Creed and just get RDR2. rear end creed will be on sale for $20 by Christmas. RDR2 won't drop until MAYBE summer next year, but if GTA is anything to go by, it'll be full price for a while.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Goddamn- ok Amos the head rancher! You can't possibly find fault with him,he only appeared for like 2 minutes lol.

We regret to inform you...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Bully is casting for a sequel right now.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They're casting for mostly school-aged children to voice act for an upcoming video game release by a major game developer. All that's known is that the roles will contain mature language and deal with matu- gently caress it who are we kidding, it's Bully II.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Donovan Trip posted:

A Max Payne prequel set in high school. Combine the ideas

So Columbine meets The Matrix?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Anyone wanna make metacritic predictions?

I'm going with 97/100.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hobo Clown posted:

I only played through RDR1 once and that was right when it came out, so I hope this one doesn't lean too much on that story because I really don't remember a lot of it. I remember being in Mexico for a little bit, and then getting betrayed at the end.

RDR2 is a prequel, so if you want to get technical, nothing from RDR matters, really.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
How did you guys get your pre-loads to start? Mine shows up in my library, but not on my home screen, nor in my notifications that its downloading :confused:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ada shatan posted:

I searched for it in my library and then selected it and there was an option (the default selected option, I believe) to Download. I had to start by selecting the two items to download (the treasure map and whatever the other pre-order reward was) and then it started downloading everything.

:yeshaha:

There we go.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Dl on Xbox seems small? Mines only 87.8 gigs, thought it was gonna be 100+

That was roughly what it was for my PS4 as well. Somewhere right around there, but definitely not the 100+ gigs I was expecting .

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Will we be able to play online coop right away, or is that not until November with the rest?

Mid-November

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just got off work. Time to crack open a cold one, smoke a :okpos: and meld with some RDR. finally.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Nolgthorn posted:

Anyone run into the man from new york headed toward Strawberry? I was leading that dude there and then I accidentally went one nanometer too far ahead of him, tried to turn around and accidentally brushed up against him by about a nanometer and the giant pussy ran away. Was wondering what happens if you get him into town.

He tells you to keep an eye on the mayor because he's a corrupt asshat, or something along those lines. I really didn't notice anything special.

Sulphagnist posted:

Anyway, where and when is the first time you can get a game of poker going? There seems to be a surprising amount of side activities in my texas hold'em simulator before I get to the meat of it.

There's a poker table in your camp, but you have to unlock the ability to play in camp. However, in the "Pastor" quest, you end up playing as much poker as you want at the very beginning of the mission

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I accidentally passed over the guy who got bit by a snake while in cinematic mode. Did my opportunity to complete his quest pass me, or will he show up again if I go by the area at a later time? Or, comedy option, will I pass by a corpse that died from a snake bite that I can loot?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

canepazzo posted:

What happens if you get attacked during it, do you get pulled out of cinematic mode or you have to manually?

Manually. There was a YouTuber who talked about this, and why it's a bad idea to auto-run and go to the bathroom or grab a drink or whatever and not pay attention to the game. I guess they ran through Blackwater while still under lockdown and got obliterated by about 10 bounty hunters.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

I like that can find random creepy poo poo around. Found a torso strung up under train a bridge with no context. Just, yeah. Wonder what happened there.

Later on there's a serial killer side quest. I found that particular body as well, and dropped a marker on it because I knew I'd be coming back to it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Is there any reason I cant find the stupid companion app on the play store? All that shows up is the ifruit app for gtav?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

shut up blegum posted:

Search for RDR2. That's the official name for some dumb reason.

Now, where can I get a fishing rod?

:rolleyes: Found it.

Also, I got my rod when I did a quest to take Jack fishing. It just appeared in my inventory.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Can anyone help me with the companion app?

I have the game running, signed into social club via the pause menu, but the app isnt finding my system in the list, only my connected account. On the same network as my console, so I'm out of ideas on what's wrong. :confused:

Edit: in the connection box, it says "unpaired" but the social club keeps updating my achievements and such, and in the pause menu the social club says I'm paired.. The gently caress is up with this garbage app?

Edit 2: restarting the app now shows paired Playstation 4, but no live games. You know what, gently caress it. They make a great game but gently caress their companion app.

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 30, 2018

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is this game really meant for a PS4 Pro or something? I have had this game crash to dashboard more times than any other console game I can remember, and that includes Bethesda Fallout games which always crash. It's getting ridiculous. I have a 2015ish PS4.

Haven't had a crash yet, playing on the PSPoor and the Pro.

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm unfamiliar with the console market, this is my first non-nintendo console. Do these things go on sale regularly or are they immune to black friday sales for example.

ElwoodCuse posted:

the base model PS4 which will run this game just fine is going to be $100 off on Black Friday. Will come with Spider-man, too.

Get that bundle and RDR2 and you won't need to buy another game for at least a year.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I like how this thread has entered the phase where it looks like a classified gov't document with everything redacted. I'm always worried about hovering over a spoiler and loving myself over seeing something I shouldn't, but it's always...so...tempting... :ohdear:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Wait, there are trophies you cant get if you progress the story too far? The gently caress?

Just finished the story, and now I'm kinda upset about that.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So where is all this end game content? I finished both epilogues and now it's just Marston and his ranch. No markers, no nothing on the map. am I supposed to just go explore the map and have the quests pop randomly again? Are there any in New Austin, or whatever the unexplored area is?

Also, same as someone else, where is my supposed treasure map add on and bank robbery? Also, am I hosed if I already finished the game and can't do the heist now?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DogonCrook posted:

Lol its cannon that in this time period marston didnt do anything notable so thats the end game. Hauling hay and water and be yelled at by your autistic wife and child.

Might want to spoiler your post my man.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

theblackw0lf posted:

I think Arthur Morgan's character arc is one of the best in gaming.

Unapologetic emptyquote

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

always be closing posted:

When's online coming?

The online beta is supposed to drop around the 16th or so.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Is there a NG+, or is it once I've finished the story, that's it, short of the epilogue? I cant go back and do stranger missions and things I passed initially, correct? I would just have to start a whole new run is what it's looking like...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Apologies if this is huge, phone posting

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dalaram posted:

I’ve run into this several times now.

The correct answer is to drop the pelt (which shouldn’t respawn, and get the damsel. Park her a couple hundred feet from the pelt, then go jack a horse, load pelt. You either have to raise your new horse to level 1, or switch damsel and pelt, because you want to ride your horse with damsel, and have temp horse follow with pelt. (Or ride temp horse with damsel, and have your horse follow)

Why no, I’m not obsessive compulsive.

So I have a wolf, a sheep, and a bale of hay I need to ferry across a river...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Welp, starting my second play-through to hit up all the side quests I missed that I can't do post-epilogue. Probably will only gently caress around until online drops, then it's goodbye social life.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Considering Rockstars silence, I take it Red Dead Online is not launching this year after all? A bit disappointed after their claim of the mode launching in November, but it seems like the interest in online is non-existent.

They said the online beta would launch before the end of this month, no date specified. I would imagine that if it were gonna be delayed, they would have said something by now. Have faith, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

If you haven't yet, you need to watch this.

Pro-est of pro-clicks.