Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
So that's about it then. 10 minutes or so of actual gameplay footage of the biggest game of all time less than a week before it hits shelves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I have heard smaller retailers don't get the game until nov 6 and everyone else had to sign an additional thing doubly preventing an early release. Soneone streamed 7 mins on instagram and their account was banned, nobody is seeing this thing early.

Doubt any clever hackers are going to figure out how to run the preloaded copies. Impressive feat, all this.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I heard the horse testicles not only shrink when you go into water, but in cold climates too

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Just like a real cowboy :imunfunny:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

By buying the physical copy I can sell it again at some point, digital I can't. But buying physical I have no idea when I'm finally going to get ahold of the game because there's no big box stores around, I'm kinda hoping the place I ordered from just show up with it early.

I'll probably not get it until nov sometime.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The game store said when they get it, usually a few days before the street date, they'll call me. :siren:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Sedisp posted:

Rockstar is not giving out copies to smaller chains until after street date.

I asked that specific question, then they gave me this evil grin. So I'm pretty sure I've tapped into the criminal underworld of the gaming community and am soon going to be in gaming Guantánamo Bay.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Sedisp posted:

Hopefully you get it but I wouldn't be surprised if the person just assumed they were getting it early like everyone else.

Straight up not giving copies to smaller chains I don't think has ever really been done.

This is the part I don't really understand though. Surely Rockstar isn't sending copies of the game directly to stores they like, they are sending copies of the games to distributors which sell them in bulk to whichever stores place an order.

It might work that in some countries they can convince distributors to only sell to specific outlets but they couldn't do that on a global scale. Rockstar don't have the much pull.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Worst easter egg

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I'm curious about the wanted level. It continues saying that the player is wanted and the bounty after he has killed all witnesses.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I thought mexico was confirmed because the entire old map was in the new map.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The Fool posted:

/u/mco_yum_yum is posting a bunch of stuff from the guide on reddit and I don't feel like reposting it all.

Good lord the potato camera.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

sonicice posted:

Look I don't know A thing about this franchise but the hype train is building up and I want to get a newer model pro but I haven't played the first one. Is this like a GTA where the stories aren't connected or a Kingdom Hearts/MGS where you need to play the other for context and understanding?

There are so many videos on youtube of people recapping the story from de three games you should be able to get caught up after about 15 minutes mang.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The only time I played RDR.

I moved into an IRL house with new roommates one had a PS3. One day while he was at work I popped in RDR and loaded the first save.

I was standing in a town with lots of pleasant people which seemed to admire me. I was playing around with the buttons and pulled out my rifle. Then I locked on to the nearest person, a woman, and shot her in the face. The resulting massacre was one I still remember. People were running everywhere, I killed as many as I could and then the game autosaved.

I turned it off and never spoke of it.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

winter.mute posted:

has anyone ever really had any problems with amazon delivering on release day or are these just cases of anxious people hyped up and afraid of missing out on day one?

Nintendo switch

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

gey muckle mowser posted:

spoilers for Friday:

I am going to play this game

That is outrageous, I hope it's true.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Feels like hype for this game is going to be impossible to match on delivery. Like the Obama administration, except probably being close to matching the hype instead of singlehandedly destroying the whole country in 8 short years.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Chomposaur posted:

So it's been ages since I played any Rockstar game and I never really got into the online bits of the ones I played.

If I got a buddy or two who sucks at shooting games, is playing this game online gonna be a miserable experience? I don't wanna sucker people in if it's gonna be like 360 cowboy no-scoping but if we can just kinda amble around doing PvE stuff together as a posse it might be fun.

I've been watching a lot of videos about what is known and nobody really knows anything about RDR Online. It'll probably be released separately from the base game, not free dlc for example. And it'll probably be pretty awesome, iterating on the wildly popular GTA Online of Christmas past.

Nobody knows squat. It's a better kept secret than the base game.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

Is it true that Donald Trump becomes president?

This doesn't happen for along time and IRL.

It looks to me like your character can run really unrealistically fast, no wonder Rockstar wanted to keep this game under wraps.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I've just started playing DOOM and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop playing to play this instead

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Donovan Trip posted:

I was really surprised to see this is the second Red Dead Redemption game

It's the third but not technically because it was different for one of them.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

quote:

Access to Red Dead Online is free to anyone with a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.

Huh well that's good news.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

So hogtie and place under horse until they talk

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I suppose this isn't th ebest time to point out to microsoft that cartridges are tiny and hold more space and are faster than discs

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Lambert posted:

Also: Significantly more expensive. That's why all those Switch games are compressed to hell.

It'd be a bit more expensive, I'm already paying 50+ for the thing. The digital version could be sold at a slight discount, which would get more people buying digital. Which is what they really want anyway since you can't resell, or buy used.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

rap music posted:

hello friends i just preordered the ultimate edition because i have more money than sense

cant wait to stand in line at gamestop tomorrow night among the horde of neckbeards starkly reflecting my poor life choices back at me

Is that the version that doesn't come with the game?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Zaa Boogie posted:

You're thinking of the Collector's Box.

Somewhere the hardest of hardcore RDR fan is going to get that on release day expecting the game.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Competition is stiff out there.

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 24, 2018

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Yeah I realised it wasn't a car so I edited my post to show a humorous image instead hoping nobody would notice.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjIlIyr7DqE

Here is 10 minutes

Man Rockstar is really up against it with all these leaks.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I hope if you engrave something, you can't un-engrave it.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I'm confident that playing the standard edition on xbox one s is going to blow my mind, anything beyond that is going to be only slightly better.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Worshipping Satan is how they did it

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

There is a heck-lot of gameplay in this playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBzFYj_0rG0&list=UUR9zqVVpd-ULcbeuklk6KAw&index=1

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The Fool posted:

why are they all ridiculously down-sampled compared to the originals

Here's 17 minutes in 720p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU7EXbqrqt4

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

It feels like from all the gameplay I've been watching in a lot of ways this is still a rockstar game as in they have a working formula. It's bigger and better than ever before but it's still very similar to gta. Maybe all of the depth of the game comes into play when you sit down with it for hours at a time instead of short clips highlighting a few mechanics.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The Fool posted:

I don't know why anyone would expect anything different.

I guess it feels closer to gta than rdr to me.

But I may be really dumb

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

xbox has backwards compatibility, 4k bluray support, and a better controller imo /ducks for cover

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

fuf posted:

no I feel the same way. A big part of the fun is starting with nothing and slowly getting the good poo poo. I don't want anything to "make my adventure easier" or whatever.

I'm just gonna rob a bunch of people if I need money. I might even pick a town I just go to whenever I want money and rob every single person in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Link to said App news