Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo

hell yes. let's get some RP servers. let's get those 100-person lobbies. let's see goods deliveries turn into existential nightmares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

is there a way to make the aguilar machete a part of your permanent inventory? it seems i can only equip it from the horse which frustrates me greatly when i wanna kill dudes with a sword

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

locking the hat tip emote behind level 20 trader when i don't care about hunting is an attack on me personally

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

stay outta armadillo! they got the cholera

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

got my hat tip and my cool horse and my springfield and now i'm bored again. don't care about grinding out levels. what's a good place to sit and watch other players act like psychopaths, i remember when valentine was murder alley but i hear annesburg is the war zone these days

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

if he's a murderer he can line up and pay the two penny bounty like the rest of us

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

stay in chapter 2 where everything's fun forever and nothing is a bummer

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

the story of RDR2 is that dutch is full of poo poo and it's your job to preserve the peace and health of the gang by not doing anything he says after chapter 1. doing so gets you the "bad ending" which is 25-30 hours long, some of it happens in cuba for some reason

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

a friendly "tip of the hat" and "yee-haw" to all the pardners out there who let me ride on the back of their horses to faraway bounties, giving me the necessary bandwidth to hit this blunt

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

i always let people ride my horse if they jump to it. smoke up homie. you earned it

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

am i missing any cool gimmicks on the legendary bounty this week? we followed the guy to a rock while he complained and killed some guys and took the guy to jail. way fewer drugs and crocodiles than i'd like. 2 yee-haws out of 5 yee-haws

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

use cinematic camera for auto-riding to destinations. it's not as fast and your posse mates might not like it and your might get killed by a bear but it lets you hit the doob

edit: sniped

edit edit: you also have to let out a lil yee-haw when you hit it

Squirrel Burger fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 4, 2019

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

now give me a board and a fan and a tube and i'll cool it
give me a card and i'll download a driver and run it

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

controller for navigation, mouse for shooting, keyboard for line dancing

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

finally hit level 20 across all roles despite never once launching a bounty or sale of my own, just using the posse up option to quantum leap into parties doing grinds

very happy to never run a bounty again. now watch these twirls

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

okay. i get it now. i get the PC thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y237GKj-G60

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

counterpoint: yee-haw

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

bored now that i've become supreme master of all roles. best idea is hanging around saloons drinking and smoking and playing poker and hoping nearby pvp players start doing something entertaining to each other. also cigarettes are $3.50 at the general store. ripoff for bozos

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

don't flip out about the outlaw pass. at the end of the day the only original stuff you get from it is a few outfits, and this game is not lacking for outfits. the rest of the bonuses were periodic ammo/crafting drops meant to be consumed over the normal course of play. also you can bet that certain "exclusive" items may eventually come around again for purchase, because the assets are already there and something something "consumer spending potential"

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

those were nite folk. if you're yee-hawin' around the swamps in lemoyne and see a weeping woman consider giving it a wide berth

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

comedy options really open up with the hangman card

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

150gb is a lot but then i remember that they've tricked a rock into recreating the old west by blasting electricity through it and piped it to your apartment at lightspeed and you know, i'm okay with waiting a few extra hours

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

worth remembering that dutch and the gang have been killing and cheating people for quite a while before they botch the job in blackwater, and much of the "redemption" arc of arthur's narrative is the slow realization that dutch's philosophy is just a flimsy romantic excuse to cheat and kill people for survival as communities begin to settle the west. it's safe to assume that he, dutch, and hosea have many sins under their belts, it's just that the player picks up as arthur works towards some measure of atonement.

if you played RDR1 it's the same lesson: the promise of the peaceful life dutch keeps pontificating about is actually within their reach if they could just conquer their basic outlaw nature, and time and time again they realize it too late. jack is the first to escape the cycle by becoming a writer later in life.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

you can't tame wild horses online. fwiw i like the collector's Criollo, the lvl 20 coats have endgame speed stats and you can grind to 20 relatively quickly with the online maps

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Thanks for the advice. They're kinda ugly, though.

the bay frame is alright. looks like a cow, i call mine cookies & cream. the marble coat, well, ymmv, i thought it made the horse look like lunch meat

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

it's definitely a thing https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnl...ive%20character

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

apparently all legendary bounties are now available from the bounty board. happy hunting

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

seems to be permanent, if it were limited time i'd imagine there'd be a newswire about it

edit: lol there is, also bonus xp and cash for you grindpigs https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...he-Bounty-Board

Squirrel Burger fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 26, 2019

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

i am starting a ps4 posse dedicated to just hanging out and doing some ol bull poo poo. no bounties, no deliveries, no missions. just mic-less cowpokes walking around saint denis with their huds off, beer in hand, admiring architecture, interacting entirely through emotes so as not to break immersion, occasionally hooting at passerby

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

history books are fun and all but really you should just watch deadwood

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

if you like snow you can do the wolf man legendary bounty at five star difficulty and it triggers a map-wide blizzard you can explore all you'd like (including new austin)

or just wait for a christmas update

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

i have gotten all 20 trader ranks by randomly dropping in on parties completing deliveries

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

everything but the robes sounds fucken sweet

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

where is the role that lets me be friends with the animals

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

just found out the temperature reading in the game is a precise measurement of the temperature around your character. it'll go up/down depending on how close you are to shade, breeze, open doors/windows, fires, etc. apparently if you set yourself ablaze it goes up to 449 for a second. neat

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

and a smoking emote which is really the most important thing

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

snow is coming to the whole map this update. also a bonus if you play between the 23rd and the 25th like the losers we are. my posse is my real family

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

if you have gold and have already unlocked the roles and passes, best thing is probably just to sit on it for future roles/passes unless you badly want some upgrades or specific clothing from Madam Nazar or other items locked behind gold, in which case it is okay to spend little a gold, as a treat

looking at you, eight-bar moonshiner gloves, you rear end in a top hat

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

fastest way to level up is collector grinding but also: try to avoid the grind and just have fun loving around. once you have the first available weapon of any type you want (story missions are enough to get you there), everything else is mostly negligible aesthetic differences until you get into maxed out card builds. consider the higher level stuff to just be fun little perks you'll get if you naturally keep coming back to the game.

for reference i'm like level 50 and feel little reason to grind basically anything anymore, not much more I really want, it's just a slightly more homey nature simulator now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

me, tipping my hat on my criollo, blowing past all you losers who got the slow rear end war horses to protect you from animals that won't spawn