Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My biggest problem with hunting is you need to carry three weapons - bow, rifle and related - but there are only two weapons slots.

I missed a 3* red fox because I didn’t have a repeater on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I spent about an hour trying to get the legendary buck to spawn last night.

The first time I entered its area there was a lack of wolves so he wouldn’t.

I murdered them then camped until morning and found some O’Driscols.

Then I rode out of the area and came back and there was a loving bear.

At least I got perfect elk and wolf pelts while screwing around.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I’m stupid. How the hell do I get improved arrows? Google says they should be available for purchase after chapter two. I’m in five and have never seen them for sale. Is it only certain stores?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

uncle w benefits posted:

Confirmed: The legendary buck is the most tedious, frustrating, hit or miss legendary creature in the game.

It took me about three hours over two sessions to spawn him.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Can you get to new Austin before the story takes you there?

I’m almost done with the satchel crafting. I just need panther, cougar, badger and iguana pelts.

Getting the panther one is testing my patience. I’ve killed three and none of them have been perfect.

Also, tips on finding badgers?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Dalael posted:

THANK YOU! Holy gently caress this is the most useful info i found about this game, literally anywhere!

Doing a mission resets it, except for the revolvers. Normally.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Krinkle posted:

I tried to ride straight through the no-go zone and I did, I eluded the law, the patrols, the bounty hunters. I made it. I was across that river.

You take headshot damage every second you exist in new austin. From nowhere. You are not allowed to be there.

Well that’s disappointing. I guess I’ll just be ready to craft the legendary satchel as soon as I get there.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Panther wasn’t so bad. I just rode around the woods for another 30 minutes or so and got perfect on my second one.

Just cougar and badger then I can get out of chapter 4.

Or I could go after some more legendary animals and fish. Hmmmm

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Iguanas can be found on that island off the third camp! Thanks whichever fine goon mentioned that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I’ve been riding between the NE trapper and where the legendary elk is for like an hour now and haven’t seen a single cougar much less a perfect one. It’s the last pelt I need too.

I did get the L. elk and a perfect black bear so it hasn’t been a total waste. I also found the meteorite house.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, I got super lucky with a cougar about half an hour ago. When I started all I'd needed was a cougar, a badger, a beaver, a panther and an iguana.

I was riding south of Annesburg after I'd just fought some Murfrees when a red blip pops up on my map and my horse starts getting scared. Figured it was just a snake and it was.

Then *another* one popped up near the water at the beach. I thought it was another snake until I whipped out my binoculars and looked.

It was a goddamn cougar just strolling about, nowhere close to where I thought they'd be. And a three star one at that.

Right now I just need a panther and an iguana!

You can get an iguana before New Austin if you go to the big island off of where the third camp is!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Sigh. I got the no improved arrows and varmint rifle ammo bug. Thankfully I’ve done all my hunting except for cosmetic and achievement stuff.

Honestly I won’t worry about crafting anything cosmetic unless it carries over to online. I already have the best coat, the legendary wolf one. It’s totally worth the extra health drain to wear.

Also, having basically unlimited inventory space is awesome.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Chapter five sucks and the mission into chapter 5 is devastating. I want to reload my save and just stay in chapter 4 forever and hunt and fish.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Anyone here 100 percent the game yet?

I want to and I’m in chapter 6. I need to know if I can get 100 percent on any given play through or if thrrr is missable poo poo that requires luck or a dedicated play through for 100 percent?

This will determine if I keep screwing around with the challenges, side missions, hunting, and the like or if I just blaze to the end and restart.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

If Rockstar is smart they’ll charge $80-100 for a real physical copy of Arthur’s journal. I’ll pay the hell out of that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I want Uncle DLC where you play him during his peak. Also, Sadie DLC.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I don't think I ever sold more than the story required wagon. Seems kind of pointless except for if you're rp'ing or just love stealing wagons because I did three treasure hunts in chapter 2 and I will never ever have to worry about money again.

Bandit challenges have you steal a large number of them.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I still haven't passed Bandit one because it seems fairly finicky about who counts as robbed. Does it really have to be someone in a town because gently caress bringing that kind of heat for a level one challenge.

Speaking of bullshit early challenges, herbalist 2 anyone??? God drat I know there have to be more berries out there but 99% appear to be raspberries.

I got all five by robbing everyone in the Rhodes post office and then rode away. No bounty.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Also note the challenges are really terrible and should only be done if you want to 100 percent.

I am not looking forward to the dominoes challenge because I have no loving idea how to play.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I saved scummed my white Arabian dying after I accidentally punched someone in Saint Denis and the cop world portal opened and I couldn’t get out of the city because it’s hell.

I actually lost a hunting trip worth of poo poo I was there tonsell to the trapper

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Veteran stranger spoilers

Hamish! Oh no! Did I gently caress up or is his dying scripted?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

There sure is a lot of warm clothing for a game where the majority of it takes place in hot climate.

I wear the legendary wolf jacket all the time heat penalty be damned. It’s not like the game is hard.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

The worst bug in the game is it constantly making me use a double action revolver out of cutscenes instead of my pearl-handle, gold engraved schofield.

And of course my horse is god knows where so I’m stuck using it or my off-hand shofield that the game has never once changed.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Reign Of Pain posted:

Apparently I have to loving go up there again for the 3rd time :mad:

I went up there the 1st time to kill the legendary bison and then I found out that the cobalt and arabian are there and now I gotta go back again because someones grave is up there

There’s a legendary fish up there in Lake Isabella too if you don’t want to have to go back.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I beat the main story last night and epilogue one this morning.

holy poo poo it’s jarring. It was just.... so sudden. And RIP Patience. The finest white Arabian of them all. That poo poo shook me. I knew Micah was the rat and Arthur died/ you became John, but those were the things spoiled for me

I’m mad I lost my black Arabian and gold turkoman too. The last horse in my stable was Buell. I hope he’s lived a good life.

Do I ever get the legend of the east satchel back? I worked hard for that god drat thing and I want it.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

you've got it already, you can change back to the model on any clothing menu

Oh. Well drat I’m dumb. Thanks.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Variable 5 posted:

I got mine to the very bottom. The only thing I’ve really noticed is that it seems like witnesses don’t really want to give you the benefit of the doubt when you try to convince them that these dead strangers in the street weren’t your fault.

Wait you can do that? I always just murder them too. Shoulda minded their own business

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

There’s a newspaper article about the Blackwater robbery and it’s $150,000. Arthur’s 1-4K isn’t poo poo compared to what Dutch wants

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Yeah I've found all of 2 treasures (that were just more maps) in my 60 or so hours, and this games landmarks just aren't sticking in my head.

Yeah I’ve easily got 60+ hours and I can only recognize general areas. Nothing is super recognizable to me.

I finally beat the game. Credits are going now. I’m around 85 percent complete. I’m going to work towards 100 percent while I wait for online.

I am NOT excited about some of these challenges. The gambling ones look especially tedious.

I wish I’d done more as Arthur.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I think a lot of people assumed there would be massive end game money sinks like getting all the properties in GTA and buying really high end horses or poo poo idk.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Nude Hoxha Cameo posted:

10 trips to limpany

there should be a comedy option insta-ending if you put 150k in the till

Like far cry 3 when you just wait for 15 minutes

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Post-credit spoilers and RDR1 questions.

So the Pinkerton's clearly find John at his ranch in the credits. Why, beyond the obvious of letting you run around post-game, do they not attack or take John into custody? Is he on the run in RDR1? How many years have passed? Are Jack and Abigail around?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

If only there was a way for a group of employees to organize and set the terms of their labor.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Grem posted:

Hey, where the gently caress do I find a badger? Found one two star one, and one three star. My loving horse ran over the three star while trying to stop, and I haven't seen one since.

The civil war battleground between the braithwaithe and gray houses is loaded with them.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How do you mail the carcass for A better world, a new friend?

I’ve only got the rabbit so far but it won’t let me mail it out. Do I need both at once?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Can you upgrade from standard to ultimate? Cuz I might

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Zaa Boogie posted:

Pretty sure you'd have to straight purchase it.

Lame as gently caress

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I never played GTAO and I am really excited about RDO.

I’m chalking all this bitching up to Goons hamming up issues that do exist.

No gambling is a bummer. I really wanted to lose a hand and then call the winner a cheater and blast him with a sawed off.

It was cathartic as gently caress doing that while grinding gambler 4.

Escaping the law and sneaking back into the post office to pay the bounty off was a nice little break from grinding.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I just checked my bank statement to find out when I bought the game and it was on the first. Crushed I can’t play until Friday.

Online looks hilarious and fun as hosed based on my three hours watching twitch last night.

Is there a discord for gooning it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

That was incredible