Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Pay for it at the honor stand with honor bux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Posting this while idle in a free roam challenge waiting for it to end so i can get my gold. I really hope r* brings in some kind of chill farmville mode to grind fashion bux. Pvp in this game is hilariously broken and the gamemodes are some of the least fun things ive ever played.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
I started trembling right before starting a trader sell mission because of my ptsd from so many slow van gtaV sells but I only had to travel like 1000ft to the drop off point for a local sale. Cant wait to get nuked from low orbit hot air ballon lock on tar nades in later updates.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
long haul deliveries can get ambushed and youll fail if the buyers die. The mob will also spawn and aggro kinda far from you so, as i just learned, the buyers will be dead before your cart gets within range to fight back if your moving solo

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I really dig the whole "tool around in a beautiful open world and build up an empire/business" thing that this and GTAO have going on; I just wish that you could play that without having to deal with certain kinds of players, and I can't think of any examples off the top of my head right now, inflicting their idea of fun on you

I know that people figured out how to glitch public lobbies in GTA, maybe they'll figure it out here too. If not, there's always single player

Ive wondered what this game (or even gtao) would be like if r* just removed the radar completely from the game. At this point i know how to navigate the entire map by waypoints and landmarks and all the radar adds is pinpointing me to grief/gank crews. I know this wish will never come true since r* is still using the same gps pathway system from gta3 and its probably the most stable game code in their arsenal.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Chello De Don posted:

i swear sometimes it feels like the game knows when i'm trying to hunt for something, because it will never show up. but the second i start a bounty mission there's like 30 loving deer just bouncing around!

You can still hunt and collect during missions, maximize that timer payout during bounty hunts

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
get the metal detector, there are a few spots where there are both detectable items mixed with cards/disturbed earth loot almost next to each other

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

ICMB posted:

I also got the metal detector, which definitely makes "passive" collecting more viable. Obviously using the map to complete the sets you need is faster. I need to do that since I spent so much money on trader/collector gear and the camp. I'm also excited because I finally got 58 and can get my Missouri Foxtrotter finally. Just have to decide on the variant. And I need money for my horse lantern, so I got to raise about $1k pretty quick.

I make about $1k a week from selling everything i find just with the metal detector without usin the cheat map. Its such an improvment over GTA but I also dont have anything to spend the money on now

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
i might have one or two more major updates before my internal ps4 HD is only going to be able to house RDR2. Good going sony.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
did r* really put a bunch of sneak missions into a game with no sneak mechanics?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Even using the bow it's a crapshoot on whether or not the AI will spot you.

This is very true, even with headshots
Also, If they find a body itll alert everyone

If a cougar attacks the camp, they will aggro on you as well

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Im not going to spoiler because the game doesnt give you any indication before the cutscene but... dont be like me and get on the boat solo with the shotgun and a bow equipped

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Not only does redoing the moonshiner story mission not give you moonshiner xp you also cant take selfies in your own bar??

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

pmchem posted:

I'm finally getting to the point where I have some spare gold in RDR online.

What items are the best value for gold spent in RDRO? Anything particularly useful or fun?

The outlaw pass is best bang for your buck with gold if you're not grinding roles. Youll make it back plus unlock stuff that youll never use instead of spending it on other stuff youll never use. Plus it works well with super casual playing if youre just doing daily challenges.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
RDO has been totally broken for me on ps4 for the last week. I can only join in on free roam but even that might land me in the load screen 90% spin zone.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
You need trader to unlock moonshiner

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Cage posted:

No. Im not a trader but I maxed out moonshiner.

Did you get trader for free during one of the promos?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
a bunch of cats spawn at the saloon outside Emerald ranch where you meet cripps for moonshiner

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What's the point of Tracking Arrows? What situation are you in where you have the ability to shoot your target but you don't want to?

Daily role challenges

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I really didn't like how the game made me feel like some kind of addict for logging on solely to do dailies that I didn't really feel like doing. I'm glad I skipped my daily.

2/3 Frogs Collected

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Reddit recommends farming gators and farm animals for the first levels, apparently tranq bullets don't get you a wanted level at Emerald Ranch..

Can confirm, you can load up at Emerald, you can take 10 samples of any one animal type

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

antisocial86 posted:

Yeah you can get 10 sheep at emerald farm real quick l for 570xp. Is there any other animal pens around?
My go to pens:
Sheep goats cows and ox at Emerald
Pigs at Flatneck
Cows oxen and bulls at Mattock Pond

Clavavisage fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 29, 2020

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
maxed out the naturalist role with the help of alot of pigs and sheep blood

friendship ended with harriet, now me and gus are best budz

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Thats the sound of the sedative wearing off

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

leveled the Halloween pass in two days just by doing 7/7 and 9/9 dailies two days in a row

Maxed out in about 2 mins using gold ive had no use for

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

ICMB posted:

Can you elaborate on this? After finally ranking up the last Outlaw Pass and getting a ~50 day daily streak I've got rather a lot of gold.

You can buy each pass lvl for 1 gold bar

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Bounty hunter is the only role I gave up on because of how R* tedious it was, glad to see it got an addition.

Who exactly is this stand alone RDO designed for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Douchebag posted:

Had to put my 13 year old black lab mix down today. I’m devastated, I can’t stop crying. My son is heartbroken, my wife is crushed.

So, I bought the black lab in the game, named her Diamond, and that’s gonna have to do for me atleast.

My poor girl

Fuckin sucks, I know the pain. Wish rockstar would let us get camp/speakeasy cats. With no limits, just camps full of good boys to pet.