Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm in chapter 4/Saint Denis right now and uhh (stranger encounter spoiler) I'm pretty sure I met the gang of kids that robbed me initially (or another gang of kids). They mouthed off, I antagonize back and they go running. I chase after, get jumped by more of em with guns - and I was allowed to shoot back. I guess it was self defense but it's still pretty ballsy of Rockstar to let me kill kids, holy gently caress. Also WOO FIRE LADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

where does Arthur keep the notes on potential home invasions? I wanted to try one after free a prisoner from shackles the other day

also this game is really fun and I have no real desire to keep the story moving, i'm perfectly happy just hunting and getting neat gear

Left on the D-pad holds the secrets you desire

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Tercio posted:

my hunch is you will have two separate currencies somehow, one that you can gamble with and the rest

Introduce shares as a second, mobile game-esque currency and inexplicably never earn a single one through in game actions despite hitting the exact same spots we found them in story mode

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

[talks about post game] not everything is a spoiler dumbass

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Seriously though I'm pretty sure in saint denis i straight up murdered a bunch of kids anyone else get that interaction

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I personally enjoy not being an rear end in a top hat when gently asked multiple times to at least use a loving spoiler tag but y'know whatevs

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm ultra bummed that fat Arthur isn't that visibly different but I appreciated that Mary or whatever his on again off again girlfriend is named had a line pointing out she was happy I had meat on my bones

Arthur sheepishly commenting "... I'm just well padded" all self conscious about his weight sold it

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Im on my phone someone post my disturbed Arthur gif

E, fb

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

[Defuse] dude how about them hats

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Over There posted:

[Antagonize] cause you could sure use one to cover your ugly mug

[Antagonize] sure enough wasn't too ugly to gently caress yer dad last night

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Ok that's enough, this is the part where one of ya'll draws and just starts shootin'

:blastu:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

The moment you see O'Driscoll pop in your subtitles you should just punch deadeye, scrub the priority targets, and then inhale tobacco to clear the rest of em

Guide unavailable for no subs on but hey good on you for being able to properly hear, must be nice

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Man, chapter 6 really starts with a bang, huh? Literally. With a shotgun. Also my partner was sitting on the couch drinking next to me during the reveal of Arthur's tuberculosis and immediately responded with "Oh, so THAT'S why he's not in the first one." which got a chuckle from me, so I thought I'd share it with y'all.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Finished the main story last week, doing the epilogue at a slower pace until rdr online drops. Playing full bastard Arthur right up until chapter 5 where you realize poo poo is really hosed and then turning your karma around in 6 feels like the intended arc, but who knows, maybe full good guy Arthur feels good too? I'm just going off what I played. Having the epilogue open with John and family looking for work gave me some Grapes of Wrath flashbacks. Just finished working at the farm and saddled up to set my life right. Go get em, John .

If it wasn't for that pesky "probable inhumane work conditions" poo poo this would be a hard decision as to which red dead is the better title. They're both loving incredible though.

After playing to the end of the main story, I've got to say, Arthur was a very good protagonist. I was worried he was a bit generic looking at initial reveal, but that could have just been me sour I wasn't getting to play John again. Guess I got it both ways - I'm kinda bummed Arthur bit it and I don't get to be him anymore. at least at the end he went down doing a little good to save someone else, etc, got some Logan vibes for sure. Rockstar are cowards for not letting me get REALLY fat, though, and I will never forgive them.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Donovan Trip posted:

I thought the 100 hour weeks thing was clarified as being Houser and a few writing staff who wanted to work that much, and only toward the end of production. I don't get the controversy I guess.

I thought it was clarified only to later be revealed that yeah they pulled some hot bullshit with everyone else too. I dunno, after every big release of theirs the wind rattles something out from their camp. Remember when they completely hosed Niko's voice actor?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

Holy poo poo grimshaw with the surprise darkhorse rocketing up the charts to awesome character moment.

Also liked the touch of when in chapter 4 you rescue the slaves from that one shop you have the ability to give them the money from the till to help them on their way.

every time I come through that shop I let the clerk know who's really in charge. "I'll sell to you, but you better get after!" I'm sorry all I hear is "please rob my slaving rear end a fifth time"

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I have had no luck with rdo since it launched. I'm able to play for about thirty minutes at most before it disconnects me from the server. Is this just how it is, or am I just hosed in some strange new way?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

That's actually how I'm taking it. I try once every few weeks, play for my allotted half hour, and walk away.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I could dig a remake with extra bits and pieces like what Yakuza got with Kiwami, for sure.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Wait what's this about there now being an even better character creator for online but I can't see it without risking losing all this "sorry our game is broken" gold

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I guess it doesn't matter cuz I still can't play longer than ten minutes before losing connection but it's the principle motherfucker

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

You'd think with as much money as they're doubtlessly swimming in they'd be able to afford stable servers, period. GTAO still kicks me and all my buddies out of the server after ten minutes without fail.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I mucked my hand last night so it does indeed exist, I just don't know when it decides it's allowed.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Meanwhile I've got to find a way to flip my karma the other way, can't just walk through town being friendly with online

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I was hoping to not spend my gold on it is the thing

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Surely this won't cause Xbox players to scream for blood

By the by r* I still can't play for longer than like twenty minutes without disconnecting what gives

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

There's a more obviously overweight player model in RDO but as far as the overweight status I haven't had enough food come my way in it to really look

In single player it was a little more obvious in Arthur's neck and cheeks than anything. His body was still pretty fit. I remember getting to the epilogue and starting as underweight John was pretty scary though. He looked genuinely wrong.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Gimme Undead Nightmare 2

gimme dead Arthur still coughing up a lung

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

HatJudge posted:

The legendary gator doesn't spawn until chapter 6. I remember talk about having to kill a certain number of legendaries before it'd spawn, but I'm fairly sure that was just a rumor.

I'm not sure it was chapter 6. If I recall correctly it was one of the missions in chapter 4. You help some dudes on the Bayou and you meet it face to face, lurking like some horror movie killing machine. After you've done that you can return, similar to when you hunt the bear with Hosea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm not digging that the subreddit's big answer for fixing my constant disconnects is "just DMZ your router". Anybody else found a fix, or is this my only shot?