Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

The varmint rifle is incredibly good because it has the highest accuracystat of all the beginner guns, and most guns I think. Only the bolt action is more accurate but it's also extremely slow and holds 5 bullets. Accuracy is the most important stat in pvp currently because it determines how quickly your aim cone gets smaller, which is important for instant headshots

okay so that explains why people have been using it and wrecking me so quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

How long has the varmint rifle been $72 in online? Since launch?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo, I have 17.6 gold and $800 this morning. It was more like 1.5 and $202 last night.

What should I buy? Got my brush and varmint rifle. I like how fast it shoots so maybe I should get another weapon with a high fire rate? I also would like to be able to blow off people's heads with an arm cannon. One of the rifles maybe?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is there a goon group on xbone?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this happened to me last night too!!!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ya'll should give the Netflix movie buster struggs a watch.

It's way better than it deserved to be, and the stories are stressing me out cuz it's good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh it's a loving coen bros joint. No wonder

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

At some point Rockstar really needs to take a look at how more competitive 3rd person shooters made by other studios control and just copy the core mechanics or something. I don't even mind the clunky movement but good god their take on aiming is bad bad bad.

I mean the lock-on aim does let me murder screaming teens online at an incredible rate but it just feels a bit hollow, you know? I use free aim in single player and it's like aiming a tank turret.

Dude I love the way I can pop heads. It's the most satisfying feeling I've gotten out of two joysticks and an internet connection

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I m online rn, where are you gently caress persons at?? Do we still have a crew?

I bought a new revolver and customized it with the gold.. still got 31 gold BARS left.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

In online if you delete your character and start over do you keep all the clothes and weapons you bought? I have a friend asking me; I know you keep money and gold.

I googled this earlier today and determined that no you don't keep bought weapons. If they were a pre-order or bonus tho you do.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Also, double tapping L1 to spin your handgun into the holster is my new favorite thing.

This post is sending shockwaves through the community

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Oh god

Is there a button to do that too

I'm running a temp posse with no mic doing stranger missions in online and boy do I wish there was a don't loving shoot until I loving shoot button

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo you can replay any story mission in online by going to the start menu -> progress

At rank 25 you unlock the offhand holster and I'm 500xp away from that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

rap music posted:

Just shoot before anyone else then you can pretend you gave the signal
Get out of my head ya creep

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

rap music posted:

I hope we get kickass non horse mounts like arachnids or raptors
I was in saint Denis and the ai around me started acting funny. Same happened in tumble weed. In both cases, there was a player mowing down law ai in some murder screen

The ai glitching made me think how I want some sci fi full on Westworld through the looking glass sort of story.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

You can buy the first one super cheap for gold way earlier

Fuuuck. You have to go as far as viewing it, then the gold option becomes available.

Further, it seems ANYTHING can be unlocked early with gold. A level 81 thing is giving me the option to buy with 10 gold

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I just had an amazing encounter with a random in online. They were driving an open top buggy around and some law men were in pursuit so I helped, then climbed into his cart to just cruise around.

We get to the plains and he backs his wagon up really oddly and specifically to a large rock. Then he shoots a buffalo. Then, the real magic happens....

He drops the carcass and pelt from the top of the rock into the loving bed of the wagon!!!!!

Then he goes to valentine and just starts murdering sheep, but in a way I hadn't ever seen. If you rope a sheep, then walk up to it, it will prompt you to kill it. It's kind of brutal because I'm like wtf is he doing and just hugging sheep and then *grhhhglhfl* sounds happen. Then it clicks, oh we're here to poach!

There was a ramp in Valentine at the sheep pen that made loading super easy, and this dude found it. It's existing map geometry meant for this in spirit but probably not meant to be used this way. However, it works. it's next to the pen and right on the train tracks. So we load the wagon with as many sheep bodies and pelts as we can before the physics get too unstable and then head off to sell them.

One thing that helps getting in and out of stuff while carrying a body is going first person - your player auto climbs much more forgivingly and it's helpful when walking the gap between your ramp and the wagon bed.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

rap music posted:

Ho ho ho merry christmas

Here is my fishtruck technique hopefully it help someone!!!!

:siren: goons only thank you happy holidays :siren:

https://youtu.be/9KPvvtm6JrY

Tips:

Obv find a deserted valentine

You want this exact cart because it has no tailgate for your loot to escape from. It spawns in and immediately around valentine from 6am to 6pm

There are several spots along the river this works at but I’m showing you the best one imo. Dense pike spawn, narrow river section for shorter casts and catches, good fish droppin ledge.

Once you clear all the pike in an area (usually 3-6) don’t bother looking for more as they shan’t spawn

Get good at unloading your fishtruck because you can waste a lot of time fumbling around. First person helps with precision!

Good luck! :coolfish:

oh my god using eagle eye for fishing! that makes fishing actually seem fun

glad to get a hottip on cart spawn times. been lookin for reliable respawns of them since my last post about that pubbie encounter. looks like you used some of those ideas too! fun to see it evolve

ee: double oh my god, you just drop them straight into the cart!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Have we started exchanging friends requests yet? I'm an Xbox player.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Does spider Man let you skip in mission trips or do you have to swing every where?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ignis posted:

Yeah, that's the most efficient way to dispose of a body in the game

You can also feed bodies to Gators. Mind you, not the ones sunbathing, they are resting. You feed them to ones you can't see, they are in waste deep water in the bayou. They'll come up and snatch the body.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Empire State posted:

Hey JKL! Point your gun in the air (up on D-pad while aiming down sights, I think) and fire off a warning shot. The game will give a message to nearby players not in your posse that "So-and-so has fired a warning shot and will attack if approached," or something to that extent.

I heard a bear but couldn't see it, so I shot straight up and then I see bushes rustling and a bear butt running away. The system works!

I did not know that doing it around players tells them to stay away. I've been doing it just as a warning anyway since there is no "back off fucker" emote

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

titties posted:

There is a PSN group, Obscuridad del Santo JeffK. The social club group is LLJK, crew thread here
Gta online for PC used to have a group - is there a social club or something xbone (my current platform) can all join. Besides the discord....

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

Here you go buddy

secretly I'm doing this so I can find these again when I need them
I think I'm getting it!

rap music posted:

Goes like this:

Go to the blackwater or st denis tailor and open the catalog

Peruse until you find the particular item in the color you want and it is shown on your character

Hold L2 for the remainder of this process

Close the tailor's catalog and open your personal catalog by holding left on the dpad

Go to clothing -> accessories and buy something cheap like the string necktie in any color

Close your catalog

Go to the tailor's changing room and select "boots"

As the view zooms in on your feet, you will see the item you originally wanted appear on your character and you can now release L2

While the item is not actually in your wardrobe, it's now a part of your custom outfit and can be saved as such

Enjoy!

rap music posted:

Ho ho ho merry christmas

Here is my fishtruck technique hopefully it help someone!!!!

:siren: goons only thank you happy holidays :siren:

https://youtu.be/9KPvvtm6JrY

Tips:

Obv find a deserted valentine

You want this exact cart because it has no tailgate for your loot to escape from. It spawns in and immediately around valentine from 6am to 6pm

There are several spots along the river this works at but I’m showing you the best one imo. Dense pike spawn, narrow river section for shorter casts and catches, good fish droppin ledge.

Once you clear all the pike in an area (usually 3-6) don’t bother looking for more as they shan’t spawn

Get good at unloading your fishtruck because you can waste a lot of time fumbling around. First person helps with precision!

Good luck! :coolfish:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

zooted heh posted:

this scream happens when I'm in the showdown menu between rounds. it's like when the mode changes from teams to free for all. you just hear multiple people scream like a trap down opened.

Seconded

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I too think it's odd and a disappointment in the nuance division about how eagerly panicky NPCs react

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Does it matter in which order I do the stranger/white cloud missions? Like, can I get all the way to the end of the game and still do stuff for the Professor, or is it done once I move chapters?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I keep getting killed by bounty hunters because they seem to teleport behind me after I setup traps for them. Kinda feels lovely

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Whats the change to the parely system? How does it help me avoid aggressive players - do I go invincible to them? I never used it. Be rad if, after being killed twice by the same person, I could just choose to go passive but only to that player.

I like the update, player blips and poo poo seems good.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Xbox players around?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i had no idea how to use those cards for like the first 4 months of this game. paint it black is what i used to use, but now for showdown modes i use a thing that makes it harder to get a head shot on me and recharges when i kill someone

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Memories of red dead online 1 come back every now and then and there's a couple things that are desperately missing that make this game feel like it's just a skin over a death match shooter:
-horses in all the pvp modes
-duels at the beginning of matches to see who gets advantage

There was this one level in rdo1 that was like capture the flag, and it had a great set piece with a big Butte or something and horses and canons. Nothing here has returned to that level of old west for.me

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It was grab the bag at diez coronas

https://reddead.fandom.com/wiki/Diez_Coronas

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dick Jones posted:

I can't bring myself to kill opossums. For one, they eat ticks that would otherwise spread lyme disease. And they can't choose to play dead - it's an involuntary stress reaction. Also when you zoom in on a "dead" opossum with binoculars you can see its mouth making a very subtle breathing animation.
they eat ticks in the game? is tick an enemy that gives poison damage here

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Phil Moscowitz posted:

No but I saw a body swinging from a tree branch so I went to check him out and before I knew it some poo poo went down and I tried to get my guns out but fumbled around and then...DEAD

i somehow survived it, i think maybe already had the guns out? but yea i realized then that there were loving traps and poo poo in the game to watch out for. barely survived it. it was luck

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is the varmint rifle dead? I'm getting killed by the bolt action alot in team online maps

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I also have the Litchfield, must have bought it before tuning out for months. It's more expensive than the bolt.

Should I get the bolt anyway? Like.... No one seemed to be using the litch in death match

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 19, 2019

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

When are they going to incorporate more horses into the capture the flag pvp

Thankfully they added collector, I've had way more fun the last two nights doing that than the bare PvP DM of beta.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hup posted:

Then add me on Xbox :)

I'll add ya pardner, gamertag hup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

At this point the only fixes I see are Rockstar either capping servers to 14 players, or allowing us to make invite only servers.
You did all this research but why would you claim this to be he only fix options? What do you know about the code that suggests these are the only options?

What you are suggesting seems like world arounds, not fixese. Yes I'm being pedantic cuz I'd like to know what makes you so sure :colbert: