Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

anyone else getting an issue where the mouse cursor is constantly visible? It's really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Valentine seems to be the biggest source of crashes for me, especially when I'm in a mission and returning there. Had an unavoidable crash every time I tried to give an NPC a ride back to town, and now crashing in the story mission where I have to bring sheep there.

Stuttering has gotten worse for me since yesterday

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Finished the main story and I'm blown away, the whole game isn't just AAA, it's AAAA.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Will I be at any sort of severe disadvantage if I play online with a controller? not super interested in PvP tho.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Finally getting into the swing of RDR online, liking the chill hunting and fishing / shooting some npcs once in a while

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I was definitely scared about getting griefed but I've had no issues at all, I've only had good experiences with other players tbh. Even the pvp free roam stuff has seemed healthy and fun even though I'm insanely bad at them.

A few moments I've had:

-impromptu drinking with a rando in a saloon
-some guy shot a bear and gave it to me
-players helping me out when under attack by npcs in a stranger mission, and me helping out someone for theirs
-a surprisingly good pubby team in a pve mission where they protected me as I carried a bounty, we all shot our guns into the air while riding back to town

honestly even if you're bad at pvp doing the games is pretty fun cus you still get rewards even if you lose and the chaos is hilarious. you will absolutely die over and over though

Bullfrog fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 27, 2019

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

got griefed for the first time, by some red dot british guy who somehow kept getting madder and madder thinking i was in defensive mode (i specifically turned it off just to have some pvp action) and hearing his frantic button pressing as he talked poo poo was hilarious

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I tend to nod when close and wave when far. Just be careful not to accidentally pull out your gun or they might get jumpy.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I quite enjoy the poker mostly for the chill vibes, but also because I somehow end up making anywhere from 10 to 20 dollars per session

edit: that's probably scrub amount but I've retained the RL gambling habit of quit while you're acceptably ahead

Bullfrog fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 6, 2019

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Valentine has a lot of bad players, but I played a good game with some better players in tumbleweed before promptly getting disconnected from the game. YMMV

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

Maybe a poker night is our first group event!

I'm down as hell. I've seen a few people ask but I haven't seen the link-- where's that pc goon discord again? If there is one

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

did the legendary bounty in online where you have to capture the anarchist and his crew of militant leftists.

I'm sorry bro :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

where is the Wandering Flamenco Player role, rockstar?