Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What do you mean by grim? I have three characters over level 80 on three different platforms and still play it regularly. GTA Online is enormously popular with tons of new things to do all the time and you guys are talking like it's dying. It's been top three on the best selling list for five years.

Load times are abysmal, finding random races/matches is needlessly difficult and inconsistent, free play lobbies are 0 fun without a few friends and access to most new items costs a ton of real money or tons of hours of grinding.

Basically, a lot of the content is amazing but the ways in which any content is accessed is either stuck behind a paywall or really dumb UI choices that make accessing GTA:O aggravating to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Cultural Marxist posted:

Red Dead Online is launching as a public beta in November (via IGN).

It will use the entire single-player map, here’s a summary list I’ve shamelessly stolen from GTAForums

lol at the idea that “morality” means not ruining everyone else’s day.

“No flying horses”

Only if they’ve fixed glitches from RDR1

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I hope most of the “care for yourself and you horse” things listed aren’t too intrusive/time consuming. Would make for a boring time waste, especially for those with minimal time each day to actually play.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Geez, didn’t think not wanting certain mechanics to be too time consuming/intrusive was a controversial opinion. Guess I should’ve sandwiched that discussion between sessions of sucking off Rockstar.

Regardless, game looks like it’s gonna be awesome, no matter how terrible HORMELCHILI wants it to be.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Disgusting Coward posted:

its a stank pile of garbage, the gameplay is just ride horse to place shoot dude but the horse pretty much does itself and shooting is done via super duper auto aim slow mo so the gameplay is really just watching a cowboy movie about the world's most blustery pushover yelling that this is the last time he's gonna help ya, for real, ya hear me as he collects another 45 snake dicks or whathaveyou.

EDIT: Deviate in the slightest from Dan Houser Presents: Blustery Errand Boy II: For A Few Blustery Errands More's incredibly tight scripting at any point and the game will insta-fail you. Wandering off to look at a cactus while Bonny tells you about her shrivelled ovaries is a transgression on a par with accidentally putting a rifle round in your son.

One hell of a hot take

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Cultural Marxist posted:

Or maybe?

Red Dead Redemption 2: I shot the Sheriff, obviously I stabbed the deputy

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

littleorv posted:

look at the slack in that rope as it falls to the ground...

Good call. That’s actually crazy they programmed the rope physics like that

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Er, is there anywhere egrets consistently spawn?

The swamp areas I believe. Hopefully someone else can be more specific than me

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Basically if you just started playing this game make a save file in chapter two separate from a story save file

Why’s that (without spoilers)?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

On the other hand, i sorely miss being able whistle for my horse while in a dead sprint and have my horse run up alongside me so i can jump on without stopping. I haven't been able to get mine to do that in RDR 2, he just sort of trots behind me until i stop and get on.

I’ve had this same issue in general when whistling for my horse. No matter what, he seems to stop 10 feet or so short of where you are, so instead of getting to jump on and take off, you have to back track to the horse, jump on, and reorient the camera so you can run in the direction intended.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Crappers posted:

This is my issue with most of the showdown modes also. The only mode I can get any enjoyment out of is the one with 2 teams starting on opposites sides of the map. There's a clear "frontline" which allows for some degree of planning your approach. Far from perfect but I feel like there's actual potential there. Every other game mode is a total crap shoot. Also I want to look at the game and spot players in the environment not stare at the magical mini map 90% of the time to check for people spawning behind me. I actually like RDO but gently caress it could be so much better.

I can’t stand the shootout modes when it’s free for all. I can never see anybody until they’ve spawned behind me or shot me from somewhere I couldn’t see in time. Or vise versa. Rarely do I get in a real gun battle with someone, and half the time one or both of us are shot by a third party.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Reign Of Pain posted:

So what should RDR3 be about?

Kissin’ Kate Barlow

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Doc M posted:

I love the driving in GTA IV, it's pretty much the only thing about that game I don't have any problems with. I could never understand the complaints about driving on ice or spinning out in every turn and whatnot, it always seemed like people were playing a completely different game than I was.

The cars in IV felt like boats sometimes, but I don’t think they were necessarily bad. I overall liked the driving style on V much more though.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Vadoc posted:

I recall them from western movies and such, but I didn't remember the busting union strikes. So thanks for informing everyone that your consulting firm has a long history of being dirty!

Look up the Homestead Strike. A shootout got so bad that Pinkertons were withdrawn and state militia was sent in to deal with the union strikers. They’re a POS org and always have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Just pay the .25 to have the maid do it

You still press each button for what she should wash next tho