Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Lambert posted:

The only vehicle you need in GTAO is the armored Kuruma.
:wrong: You can't throw sticky bombs or grenades out of an armored Kuruma. You need a different car to have fun with explosives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

GTA5's been out for 5 years and never got Las Venturas or San Fierro, so probably zero chance here.

Plus it'd probably take another 30 GB of space, assuming that some props and sfx and such are still reused.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Holy poo poo, I guess it's time to upgrade the GPU. Got an i5-6500 processor, 16 gigs of ram, and a four-year-old nvidia GTX 960, and the game stutters like hell in the starting blizzard chapter. Got to drive everything down to medium and low with lower-than-native resolution and it still heaves.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Lemon posted:

When you say stuttering, do you mean it freezes up for a few seconds at a time, with the audio continuing? If so, that's apparently an i5 issue that is due to be fixed.
Yep, that's exactly the issue. Is that due-to-be-fixed fix part of the patch that rolled out last evening, or is that still to come in the future?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

:shrug: My i5-6500 has been chugging along modestly enough after I started manually setting core affinity to two cores. It sucks having to manually set affinity, I shouldn't have to do that, but after I did so the game so far has run without a single hitch or stutter.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

There is one little bit of sophomoric humor, maybe-- the Pacific Union Railroad is, of course, the P.U., which is a Dover Boys-tier joke if it's meant to be one.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I enjoy doing chill poo poo. I think I'm at max white hat mostly because I don't run around psychotically knifing every player and npc in every town.

Also, wait, you can sell whole carcasses to the butcher and donate them to Cripps? I've been skinning everything I kill because I thought that was the only way to make it all sellable.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Trade Route and maybe Salvage are the only two good ones, come at me.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

The Carcano is interesting because it's the rifle that killed JFK, but I'm not actually sure if it's better than the bolt action.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I finally found out about the new role and played Online for the first time in a few months. Went to Strawberry, got the role from Davenport, went off to do the rest of my stuff. Started hunting for trader stock and the game warned me that Davenport's upset.

How am I supposed to do trader jobs without upsetting the new naturalist role?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Hexenritter posted:

As is trying to find the sweet spot so you can pick up an ivory hairbrush and not snatch the can of peaches or extinguish the candle sat next to it
Just take the can of peaches too, you coward.