Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
RDR:Online is lots of funs, RDR:Oline is also lots of frustration as I get kicked from the server every time I'm having a great time or start feeling super immersed. Just had a nice shootout with a Posse of, i guess 5 guys, and just as I wanted to respawn a 3rd time it was time to get kicked off the server again. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I would love to, but my RDR:O playtime varies between 30 seconds after loading in to around an hour. If it weren't so super addicting I'd already shelved it until a few patches are released, but I don't see me grouping up for any kind of semi-organized play until then. :smith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So, I can't play the game anymore since tonight. It always crashes when it's done loading. I had that problem before when I played around with graphic options, but worst case: I deleted the systems.xml in the Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings and it started up with the vanilla settings again. But now it also crashes with those, and in safe mode, and after re-installing. Guess now I really have to wait for the next patch, cause I already spend far too many hours in this for a refund :smith:

e:
deleting all the files in the settings directory did it. :shrug:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 10, 2019

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Ikonoklast posted:

If anyone else experience the crash on load in bug. Try going into online mode and load a manual single player save. Fixed it for me.

Well, it crashed no matter if I played SP or Online, so that wouldn't have helped me. But I'll keep it in mind in case I get locked out of the singleplayer via crashes.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Is there a way to get that nice Bandolier in RDR:O, or is it exclusive to the Singleplayer Campaign? I've not seen it in the Catalog and it seems all the shops just reference the Catalog anyway with the exception of the Fence.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Lugubrious! posted:

Yeah, I'm up to level 25, mostly soloing, and so far I haven't run into a single griefer. I haven't even had other players take any shots at me.

I've come across a few, mostly just people trying to lasso me, failing then pressing charges after i put a few bullets into them. But turning red doesn't really bother me, nobody comes hunting you down, people tend to stay way actually. I also had a single instance of a dude sitting on a Tower and just sniping at players who rode by. But the fact that I can remember every single instance of a player trying to grief me is a testament to how few griefers there are in this game compared to GTA Online.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I spend all the Gold I had left on a limited-time giant hat, balloonist googles and other weird clothes, am I an idiot, or am I doing it right?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

pmchem posted:

Can’t it be both

Very true.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Is there a way to set your prefered melee weapon, or will it always default back to the knife every time i log in? :smith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The Navy does more damage compared to the LeMat, but not enough to turn a 3 hit body-shot kill into a 2 hit body-shot kill on most ranges, so in effect, it does effectively the same damage on most ranges. For most PvE encounters the LeMat will prove more valuable, in PvP encounters in the open world, the larger ammo pool doesn't help you much most of the time, but also you're not really in a disadvantage most of the time. I really love the looks of the Navy though, so I got them anyway.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Depends on what you want to do, Collector profession was a way to get XP and money easy, reliably and fast thanks to the RDR2 Collectors Map. It broke in the last update, but it is already been updated to be rather useful again. If you enjoy RDR as a walking simulator and just watching vistas, I'd go with that for a while. Therefore buying a shovel and a metal detector from the Collector lady would be my first goals. Also aim to get some basic weapons, the Bolt Action Rifle is already super useful like mentioned. Instead of the pump shotgun I'd go with the double barreled one, it only has two shots, but those two shots can be hammered out a lot faster. That's the difference between a dead Cougar and a Cougar mauling you between cycling your shotgun. Also get a Vermin Rifle, someone mentioned hunting birds is a good income source, it's true and the Vermin Rifle is the best weapon to take out birds and other small critters with the best skinning results.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Hexenritter posted:

Does anyone have a link to that quick high value collector item loot jpg?

It's actually linked in my last post, right where it says RDR2 Collectors Map. But I guess that's easy to miss, so here is the link in plain text: https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The maps you can buy or get as rewards will give you quest-style map markers where to look for certain collectables. But they are not needed to actually find them. Some collectables will need you to have a shovel and in some cases both a shovel and a metal detector. That's why those are things you should bee-line into buying if you want to get rich collecting. All those things are just sitting around in the world, or are buried beneath a tiny pile of dirt in which case you need a shovel… or buried without any visual indication, in which case you also need a metal detector. The linked map will tell you with a little icon if you need a shovel or a metal detector (tiny horseshoe magnet icon).

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Hexenritter posted:

with regards to the actual map I was on about, I was referring to the one that someone had worked out for the higher profit items only. It was a map snapshot with a zig-zagging route from the north-east corner of the map downward and westward. I just didn't want to go through x number of pages of backposts scrolling like crazy for it if someone had it handy. The patch probably invalidated it anyway so it's not a big deal. The map you linked is exhaustive and interactive so it's clearly superior.

That is the very same map, click the arrow in the top left corner -> scroll down -> select the type of collectible to gather (or even search for specific items in that type if you're missing specific) -> scroll down -> enable custom route : yes -> click those markers to get the very same red lines between them. Someone posted a route earlier in this thread, yes, but that should be invalid by now and even if it would be valid, it only be on one cycle (lasting a day) of the multiple ones there are, so you're better off filtering for high profit collectables like Jewelry and create a new route yourself. You can export them so you'd only need to go through that hassle once every day until you had all the cycles covered.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Glad I could help, sadly can't provide any routes myself as I am very casual about the collecting at the moment. I'll open the map and see if anything is nearby after doing a mission, bounty or delivery, but I rarely race across the map to collect stacks of stuff anymore.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

Is the Springfield a step up from the Bolt-Action?

You have to reload every shot, but reloading is very fast so it feels like Bolt Action that is a bit slower per cycle but doesn't have any downtime for a longer reload. It has replaced the Bolt Action for me, but in terms of burst damage the Bolt Action might actually have an edge.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

My quick select weapon is my Eagle Machete, and I've never come to regret it, even when I got gunned down charging at someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Do you have a shovel and a metal detector? Some items are buried and need a shovel, some also need a Metal Detector to find the spot where you have to use the Shovel. Said items are marked with a magnet on the Collectors Map.