Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Robnoxious posted:

PS4 online is frequently a barren landscape of any land critters outside of the occasional bird flocks.
And bouncing to another server via free roam ends up in a load loop.

The camp glitch was fixed for like 3 days and now it's back to camping up in Ambarino since very few people want to set up in the tundra and it's the only place you might have success at doing so.
And even that isn't automatic.

I've never had an issue with animals not loading in on PS4, but I get the Error 0X20010006 screen non stop. I've run through every fix I've been able to find and the longest session I can get is around 30 minutes. I've encountered the camp missing a couple times as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Freudian slippers posted:

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only player online with no animal spawn issues. I'm playing on PC and am drowning in four-legged friends. Seriously, it's like a Disney movie here, with widdle bunny rabbits wrinkling their noses at me and majestic deer grazing peacefully in the valley. Maybe it's my 500+ hours in TheHunter: Call of the wild finally paying off?

I'll feel that way on PS4 sometimes, and then get surprised when I see the server is full when I check to see if other players are online. Then the game disconnects.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

SplitSoul posted:

Bolger Glade, the Civil War battlefield south of Rhodes, also has some usually.

The meat processing place near Saint Denis is crawling with rats. I cant remember exactly where it is though.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

ElTacoGato posted:

Is there a good way to kill chipmunks? I need a perfect carcass to mail in, but despite using a bow with small game arrows (I've triple checked to make sure its the small game ones), it just seems to keep... exploding the carcasses. I kill them in deadeye, get the honor popup for a good kill or whatever, but when I get over to where the carcass should be, it's just the arrow and some blood.

I've always used the varmint rifle. Small game arrows feel like too much of a hassle to use, and the varmint rifle doesn't lower the carcass rating on squirrels and chipmunks from what I've seen.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

After getting enough error disconnects I finally tried using my phone's mobile hotspot as my PS4's internet connection and low and behold it worked. No more disconnects over 4 days. I pretend to be hopeful that Rockstar will address the disconnect issue on their end rather than forcing players to figure out workarounds. For now I'll just be happy I can actually do bounty missions and story missions without getting disconnected.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Dragonstoned posted:

How do you mercy kill an animal in online? Is there a special knife I need to buy or what? because I'm tired of waiting for animals to die and then getting an hit to my honour for a bleedout.

Do I need that "Lance Knife" to do it? I don't want to waste gold on it if it's just a cosmetic thing.

I just run up to the animal with my knife out, look at it, and press attack. One stab is enough to kill a bleeding out animal in one hit without losing honor.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doesn’t that lower pelt quality?

marshmallow creep posted:

In my experience, yes. If a one star animal is taking its time to bleed out, i just curb stomp it.

As far as my understanding goes, and I could certainly be wrong, anything beyond a clean kill lowers pelt/carcass quality. I've never had a 3 star get killed in any manner that wasn't a headshot or lasso and have it's pelt remain a 3 star. Well, except for land animals that you can kill with the varmint rifle. Shoot a squirrel in the tail? 3 stars! Shoot a rabbit in the foot? My friend, that's 3 stars for you!

Is it possible to mercy kill an animal and not reduce it's pelt rating?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Dragonstoned posted:

Yes I get this feeling a lot as well.

People were talking about the hunting wagon and it reminded me of when I called it recently and...

Just a flat out "gently caress you" from the game. I was about where the crosshairs are when I called it but apparently the road next to me was just a little too convenient for the games liking.

The Wagon is weird. For anyone who doesn't know, the wagon has certain spawn rules. The way I usually get the wagon to spawn where I need it is to look in the opposite direction of where I want it to spawn. It always spawns out of sight and typically behind you, even if that means spawning across a river or a ravine. The wagon will also not cross bridges, river paths, or train tracks on it's own when called (with rare exceptions), and refuses to spawn on particular roads for no reason. There are roads that the wagon just flat out can't be called on. It also occasionally has issues if spawned somewhere where there is a strong hairpin turn it will have to make, or a sharp 90 degree turn. Sometimes if it spawns far away from you, you can just go back to the menu and call it again and it may try to follow the road as far to you as it can. For the most part you can control exactly where it will spawn in to meet you, but there are times where it just says "lol gently caress you" and spawns as far away as possible, like in that picture.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Is anyone else having an issue of predatory animals not spawning anymore? The only one I've seen is alligators. I haven't seen wolves, bears, cougars, or even snakes at all since the update. I've tried a few areas where I usually see them spawn, but haven't seen any. O'Creagh's run and south west of Manzanita Post were reliable spawn points for grizzlies, and the northern road between Manzanita and the Upper Montana River usually spawned multiple black bears, but I haven't seen anything yet. Did they massively tone down the rates of spawns, or am I just getting incredibly unlucky?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

I haven't tried it on the current patch yet, but the only way I've gotten around crash issues in RDO on PS4 in the past was to use my phone's mobile-hotspot feature. It was the only way I could connect to the game for quite a while. I think a lot of the connection and disconnect issues may have to due to with internet providers (Comcast). If anyone is having disconnect issues, maybe try using your phone as a hotspot if it's allowed. Given 's history, it may not work, but it's still an option to pursue.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Is the Elephant Rifle actually good for anything? The Spingfield Rifle is stronger with Express Ammo, and the bolt action fires faster and more accurate. I mean, it's funny to knock yourself over, but so far I can't find any reason to carry it.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

This was posted in the thread earlier, but if you are looking for specific animals, especially legendary, this is the best way to find them.

https://jeanropke.github.io/RDOMap/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

he1ixx posted:

I was doing collector stuff yesterday and had all of the antique bottles (I used that RDO Collector's map site to find them). When I went to turn them in, apparently it said I was missing one. I went back to the spot indicated on the map which I recognized it because I had been there earlier in the day. This time there was a Tarot card in the cabin instead. No bottle. So now I am short a bottle for that collection, don't know what happened to the one I had and no idea how to get another one. So my questions are:

What happened to the bottle?
How do I get that bottle now?
What the gently caress?

Thanks.

Search Google for the RDO Jeanropke collector map to find items. They reset every day at a specific time and move around. Also some items will be random when you pick them up. So if you go to a coin spot, the coin you get will be random. Same with arrowheads and jewelry i think.