Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How does matchmaking work? If you're friends with someone can you just team up with them?
If so, I don't have IRL people to play with (well one dude also got it) so if you want to add me for later goon messing around things my PS4 handle is the same as my forums name.

Please keep in mind that I both A.) Don't play on a regular schedule. and B.) Suck rear end at gaming. So this would just be a casual relationship, darling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

One tiny wish

Enough with the God damned Battle Royale game modes. Jesus H Christ I am so sick of this poo poo being in every single game

In the time they've been out, I've never played a single game of 'Battle Royale' style franchise.
Not PUBG, not Fortnite, not any other game that's featured them. Ever.

So here's a thing you might try: Not playing that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

Difficult not to do so when they mixed it in with the normal fun quick play list

Six+ years and you just can't play it?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Snowy posted:

I never knew what the deal was with those caged people but every time one of those wagons went by I had to drop what I was doing and kill all the guards immediately

I've run across this one time so far, and killed the guards.
...and then for the life of me could NOT get the drat wagon open. I believe I looted everyone and looked around thinking there might be a key or other 'trigger' item that allowed me to open it, but got nothing, and no matter where I stood around it or on it, I couldn't get any 'open' or 'free' option seemingly no matter what I did.
Either I missed something obvious (very probable as I am very dumb), or do these occasionally bug out, or is that intentional and I'm just supposed to cart them around for awhile either to a town, the nearest set of railroad tracks, or steep embankment?
As it stood, I believe I'd shot the horse(s?) on the wagon team and so it may have just been sitting there with the person stuck in it begging to get out. Not knowing what it was, I just felt real bad leaving them to die of exposure in a locked box.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Frog Act posted:

Word, for larger game, does ammo type play a factor? like I shot a bear twice to kill it with the Springfield using express ammo and it didn’t diminish the pelt quality, so I’m assuming the bigger bullets are fine, but it was a headshot I think

I’ve never liked hunting, or hunting games, or anything about hunting, but I kind of like it in RDR. Any general tips for hunting legendary game?

https://www.xainesworld.com/perfect-pelt-weapon-table

There ya go.

Also read in your compendium after studying the animals (study the animals.) It'll tell you more about them/what it takes to get a perfect, i believe, but that link ought be easier.

E: this isn't related to anything you said at all but it made me remember that the stream right outside Strawberry has absolutely massive fish in it.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 12, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Another Bill posted:

I played a good Arthur in single player but my Online character is a real bad hombre.

You might have heard of me after The Strawberry Slaughter

... that is, if anyone had got out alive :madmax:

I was in a town the other night and someone was just going completely hog WILD on the populace.
I mean, lawmen coming for him, shooting the lights out, just going CRAZY.

I checked my saddle bags twice and gave my horse an apple.
It's a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Played online freeroam for a bit.
Bought a fishing rod because I'd been waiting to online.
Got down near a river.
Got roped into a 'fishing event' and figured, "Sure poo poo, why not".
Came in second to last. ...ok. Nobody seemed to go hog wild with cheating and had a good time.
Got tossed out in the middle of nowhere.

Went back to the river and caught 3 decent fish, ok.
Rode to bumfuck.
Some pubbie rode up out of nowhere, ganked me.
I pressed charges and entered 'duel mode' (or whatever) thinking that, at, least of it, it'd inconvenience them their time, right?
2-4 later and out of exploding shotgun-shells later...

don't play online.