Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe
Hunting panthers is impossible. Anyone who says they've done it is lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Zesty posted:

Getting the pictures was a bit of luck. One of the panthers attacked a passerby and I had enough time to get it. The other one I got a picture of after reviving it and letting it run off into the open. Hunting them isn't hard at all. That's just shooting them before they get you.

Oh no my issue is just finding them. But right after I posted one of them showed up, so.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ygolonac posted:

"*urrrp* Hey, maybe you know my *fart* cousin? Lives in some *braaappp* metal boxes outside of Con *baaaarff* cord, near the *indescribible wet noise* museum..."

I did run into the drunk who wrecked his booze delivery wagon while delivering someone else to Braithwaite Manor - do you have to hang around for hom, or just loot and leave?

If you follow him he just yells at you to watch the wagon then collapses against a nearby tree, he doesn't come back.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe
Overall I think Arthur is better written and a much more nuanced character than John, although how much of that is a byproduct of ludonarrative harmony is hard to say. But Arthur certainly goes through a more defined redemption arc than John; part of that is probably down to the difference between 2010 Rockstar and 2018 Rockstar: the GTA 4 comparison is pretty on point as they seemed to be telling extremely nihilistic stories earlier in the decade.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

sirbeefalot posted:

Speaking of outsized response, I ended up losing the white Arabian horse yesterday, all starting with a $5 bounty for shooting the racist dude giving out pamphlets in St. Denis. I could have sworn that you don't normally get a bounty for that, though I did shoot him 3 times and maybe that tipped the scales. Anyway the local cops just went apeshit and started shooting

You can beat him to death with your fists and the cops will look the other way but if you use a weapon they react. Not sure why but it probably has to do with how they get mad about gunfire in towns generally.