Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Bought it but haven't played it yet- is first person/ third person a quick LB tap? Also is sprint tied to A button or LS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

My Horse(1)

ughhhh posted:

How do you melee attack with the tomahawk? Do you need to find a melee tomahawk or can you do a melee attack with the throwing tomahawk you have? Infact how do you even do a melee attack when you have weapons equipped?

A button. Not RT

swims
May 5, 2014

Chapter 4 I did all the electric chair side quests but never got to see the guy get executed. They just quickly walked off screen and the guy said something like "follow me you don't wanna miss this". But they moved fast and I just bought a thousand dollar horse so I had to locate the horse first. Is there a way to watch the execution?

swims
May 5, 2014

The shooting gallery missions are ok in this game. The teammate ai characters actually kill poo poo too.

swims
May 5, 2014

Chp6 ending

I had full white hat at the end and Arthur just died peacefully while watching the deer in the distance. Was that the "good" ending or is that after the epilogue quests?

swims
May 5, 2014

Kalsco posted:

Anyone else ever have difficulties actually doing stealth kills when the game prompts you for them? I see "O" pop up but pressing it/holding it does absolutely nothing.

Have your knife out and LT+melee

Machete instead if you have one

swims
May 5, 2014

If rdr2 controls are tough for you try playing madden after 10+ years of not playing madden. Your brain might break.

swims
May 5, 2014

Game ending spoiler kinda

the credits/ ending thing was very disjointed. I would have preferred a movie with side scrolling credits. Also was this game development outsourced to India?

swims
May 5, 2014

Not sure if it's been posted but the patch did make it so in first person mode the guns have the shoulder strap visible on the gun when on your horse.

Or maybe I just never noticed it.

Strap is not visible first person on foot from what I can tell. And not when ads on horse.

swims
May 5, 2014

Online mode is cool but I have yet to finish a single match. Every round ends with "bad connection due to rockstar"

swims
May 5, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah it was real goofy to do some of the bounty missions while I myself had a stupidly high bounty. Arthur just casually chatting up the Saint Denis police chief like it's nothing. Ironically it was more fun and rewarding to be an outlaw in RDR1 and the bounty missions made more sense in that. I assume they didn't get dropped because people would've complained about losing that feature.

You actually read all that?

swims
May 5, 2014

Fun to drive a horse around online but until there is a manual aim first person lobby option with either map or blip off than I don't see how it can be taken seriously.

Co op is hella tight with that said.

swims
May 5, 2014

Single player DLC would own and I would buy Arthur DLC. I wouldn't buy marston

mp DLC seems out of the question for me.

Rockstar hosed up and made something so good that they actually over thought it and hosed up because solo is better than multiplayer but they can't go back on it.

swims
May 5, 2014

Hugh Malone posted:

didn't expect this; efforts in GTAO to restore money or even whole characters to players that were wrongfully punished were done secretively and slowly, or not at all. this is so surprising that I think they planned it all along to fabricate good will out of whole cloth but w/e gib mone plz

I read this in its entirety and I literally forgot what I read about half way through.

swims
May 5, 2014

It's comical how bad the online is. I don't know if there has ever been a video game so greatly separated in quality by single player vs multiplayer. Possibly the greatest single player experience ever created accompanied by perhaps the shallowest multiplayer we've ever seen. Like shouldn't have even been made levels type of bad.

A true aaa game with almost unlimited resources absolutely thrown away because of zero vision (mp wise). Literally could have just been 64 player server pve with co op missions and it would've owned so hard.

I'm salty only because of what could have been. Love the game for what it is worth. I believe the rockstar guys are great at world building and character development but are wildly out of touch with anything that they cannot specifically control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

Infinite ammo is a weak rear end cheat considering most players are running around with 500+ bullets that cost around $20 to refill.

You're not missing much.

Infinite bullet time would be a different story.