Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I've had the game since the beginning but didn't spend much time playing so I'm not really far.
I have to say tho, the scene with Arthur and Lenny getting drunk was really, really well made. That scene alone is almost worth the price of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Lord Hydronium posted:

?ynneL

There's also a fun little callback to that later at one of the camp parties.

I guffawed at the part where Arthur is about to punch that guy, then it cuts to them line dancing together.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

A real pro-rear end cowboy move is to put a carcass or a large pelt on your horse, steal someone else's horse, put a carcass or large hide on it, and call your own horse to ride behind you so you can haul 2 big things in to the trapper or the camp.

Legend of the West move is to do all of that but steal a third horse (because it WILL run), put a third large pelt on it, and chase down the first stolen horse and rope it before it gets away.

The trick is to have your own saddled horse, capture/steal a second one and bring it's standing to level one. Once done, capture/steal a 3rd horse and ride that one. The other two will follow you.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

TMMadman posted:

If you don't have a temporary horse that is at level 2 by now, I'm not sure what to tell you. Honestly, I need to find a better temp horse and then get it up to level 4 bond and just have it chill at camp.

Seriously, everyone needs to realize that your temporary horse will stick around through saves and missions and everything else. As far as I can tell, the only difference between an owned horse and a temporary horse is that your temporary hose will disappear if you bond with another horse.

I always leave on my adventures with my main horse, capture 2 and do my thing until its time to go sell them and go back to camp.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Is there a way to rapidly gain weight? I didnt pay attention and became underweight. Getting baxk to average with no negative is taking forever

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Qubee posted:

do the two temporary horses still follow you on your main horse? the hunting potential is attractive

Nope, you gotta ride one of the temporary horse

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
The camp interaction in this game is priceless. It's worth idling by sometimes.

Micah to little Jack, "How would you like to make a dollar?"
Jack, "Sure!"
Micah, "Go see old uncle Arthur and ask him about the stick up his rear end, i'll give you a dollar."

I hung around hoping the kid would come to ask about it, sadly he did not.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

uncle w benefits posted:

Holy moly did you all know you can use the gunsmith to create custom gun loadouts? Gone are the days of getting off your horse with nothing but your pistols.

At the gunsmith you can choose customize, then you can equip a melee, two pistols, a shouldered gun and a gun on your back.

THANK YOU! Holy gently caress this is the most useful info i found about this game, literally anywhere!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I usually play a good guy in any game. I have trouble being bad and evil.
yesterday tho... holy poo poo i don't know what came over me.

Some jackass tried to steal my horse and I decided the best way to make him pay would be to shove him in front of an incoming train. Sounds easy enough, right? HA!

I rope the guy, shove it on the back of my horse and starts riding. Not far behind me is a coach I hadn't seen, so they witness my crime. I tried to rope the driver and hogtie him so he would not report me, but in the meantime other riders come by and see me in action. gently caress it, i'm just gonna shoot them. It works and i think i'm all good.

I start looking for a train and eventually find one but i caught the end of the train. Running along side it with a guy on my horse obviously triggers the guards who start shooting me. I kill them one by one as I move alongside the train, not really paying attention to where we're headed. When I finally managed to pass the train, we come up to a small town and people start freaking out because of the dude on my horse, leaving me no choice but to go on a killing spree.

Why oh why cant we just murder 1 person without going on a murder spree?

In the end i just reloaded :P

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The Fool posted:

I've resorted to taking screenshots of the strategy guide on my phone so I can look at it on my computer.

Each chapter has a very nice overview of how the chapter flows, and which missions unlock which activities and when they become available.

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

If people are interested I can post the later chapters as well.

In addition, the bank job in valentine is for the special edition, so if you don't have it and get a conversation about missing it, don't feel bad there is nothing you could have done.

Quoting this for later tonight.
Great job btw

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
This has probably been answered before but, at what chapter does everything unlock? I'm at chapter 3 right now and there's still a bunch of guns I can;t buy and I'm assuming there's probably other locked things i just haven't noticed or don't remember.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The Fool posted:

I made a later post with all 6 chapters.

Yeah, I corrected myself in a later post.

Awesome! Thank you!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

Any tips for the stupid Horseman challenge where I gotta drag a guy 3300 feet? Eventually Arthur just releases the lasso. Also this would be a whole lot easier to track if it kept the distance counter active on the screen while I was attempting ...

Arthur seems to release the lasso when you go too fast. Just slow down a little. You don't need to go walking pace either, it doesn't matter if the guy dies.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Has any of you been raped as Arthur yet? That was... really unexpected

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Krinkle posted:

I was offered a drink and another but as I felt myself getting roofied I got out at my earliest convenience. That couple was definitely looking for a third. Was the swamp shack couple what you were talking about?

Nope...

met a random shack with a guy who offered food. Looked like a trap, smelled like a trap... t'was totally a trap.

If you agree and walk in, he knocks you out (can't be avoided) and its clearly implied that he rapes you.

You even walk funny afterward.

Not sure where i was exactly, i just stumbled on it.

*edit: Found a video: https://youtu.be/x4Mr-IO6pSs

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
God drat Strauss keeps kicking my rear end at poker :stare:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

it's actually an advantage, because one game will last you forever

but yeah no i hear you...i am kind of sick of 100+ hour games, and it's a shame that this one is so good because it'll just encourage more

I'm sorry, how many other great single player with 100+ hours came out in the last few years? Most games nowadays are battle royale style with little to no stories, so I'm not sure where the issue is.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Off the top of my head; Witcher 3, Persona 5, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey.

Okay point taken, but i feel like these are outliers now compared to most of the stuff coming out nowadays.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Dick Jones posted:

Does Rockstar seriously think red blips and NPC bounty hunters are going to be an effective anti-griefing feature? If it's the same dogshit police AI that's been copy-pasted into every release since Vice City, they'll mill around uselessly before getting mowed down by dynamite arrows. Eventually the griefer will run out of ammo or slip up and die and then... respawn with no wanted level and go right back to griefing. RDO should have had a draconian bad sport system in place on day 1. No ability to call or get on a horse, respawns take 4x as long, and a 75% penalty on all XP and money rewards for five levels would be a great start.

I wonder how much of this chaos is the result of everyone having a policy of "Shoot everyone you see before they shoot you"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
In theory, the idea of a far west multiplayer game where you can shot anyone you want, whenever you want is a great idea.

The problem is, people shoot whoever they want, whenever they want.. Which seems to be all the time.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Palemdromes posted:

I found a 6 person poker game in Emerald Station and took everyone’s money but nothing else happened. Figured there would be an achievement or something.

There is actually some achievements regarding gambling but you have to do them in order I haven't played in a little while so I can't go into more details, I just don't remember enough.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Palemdromes posted:

Oh also, I found the wash basin in camp but couldn’t figure out a way to use it. Luckily there was an infinite box of beers nearby to help me get over the disappointment of remaining dirty.

I’m slowly depopulating the local woods of deer for camp supplies, I check and do all of the chores whenever available, and most nights you can find me by the fire listening to stories or singing. Maybe I should just go camping irl, this is quickly becoming less of a game and more of a rough living simulator. My brother watched me for a bit yesterday and was perplexed at my mundane cowboy life. I couldn’t really explain myself too well.

Just so you know, you absolutely do not need to do those chores. It's entirely up to you and isn't really worth it tbh. Heck you don't even need to eat if you don't want to.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Vichan posted:

The train missions are insufferable because of this.

*nods*

I did two of those, I don't think I'll do another one. It doesn't help that everyone spawns at the same spot which means that 2 seconds after you do, the next guy spawning will shoot you in the back. And the next guy Spawning will shoot him.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Zesty posted:

So I cleaned that up a bit and put it on the Red Dead Wiki and the administrator deleted it, calling it "irrelevant" and "nonsense." :downs:

Tell him to turn on his monitor

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Oberst posted:

Nacogdoches + missouri fox trotter

When playing the single player,i was still in chapter 2 and i met this NPC who asks you a ride cuz her horse died. Turns out there was a bug and the horse was still alive so I took it and left.

Turns out that Horse is a Missouri Fox Trotter. Been riding that free horse ever since.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Is there a way in online to use dead eye in a way that it doesn't automatically mark targets?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Okay okay! Stop telling this guy where to go to skin more cats!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Can you only buy Missouri Fox Trotters/Turkomans in singleplayer or are there places in the wild you can find them? I really want a Gold Turkoman.

I got mine thanks to a bug. There is a lady who's horse dies and she asks you for a ride. She has a Missouri Fox Trotter and in my game it was bugged and still alive. I climbed on it, gave it the horse medecine and got myself a free horse.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah. You should really be able to get it right at the start, like the antler trinket, because by the epilogue you're pretty much just done with hunting anyway.

Its almost like they expect ppl to do the story first and enjoy the game later and if im correct they dont understand gamers.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Escape_GOAT posted:

So, I just started playing RDR2 (on PS4) the other day, and holy poo poo this game is amazing.

That’s all I wanted to say.

The story is fuckin' awesome. Wish I could experience it again for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hihohe posted:

Its great and you should go through again. There so much you can miss just because you walked away when you shouldnt have.

This is why i love Hosea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm4zcRV51k

I did it once on PS4 and then on the PC. The 2nd time just isn't the same :(
Still really fun and i stumbled on quite a few things i hadn't discovered in the past.