Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

No Mods No Masters posted:

Even by rockstar protagonist standards arthur doesn't seem very likable, so my starting position is 'hope he gets mauled by a bear'

he can say hi to everyone and pet every dog :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApRKqrHmEf4

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think it just needs 150gb free for unpacking files or something

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

glad it sounds like they're doing the stat tracking again, it was great for gta 5

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ihatepants posted:

I greatly enjoyed Tim Rogers' "Not a Review" of this game. Has spoilers, but I love his videos.

Pro click. The thing that happens at about 19:30 just about killed me

If you want to skip all of the intro mission stuff because he does lightly spoil some of that start at like 18:50

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 25, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tim Whatley posted:

Installing my disc now that I picked up from Best Buy. Can I play when it's done or does it have the midnight lock as well?

you can play

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i have a ps4 pro and a 720p tv :toot:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

im gonna play this game in 30 minutes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

im now playing this video game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ just go through the options, there's a ton of them and i saw it in there somewhere

change to fps controls immediately imo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hot looting tip: hold the button and he'll automatically grab everything inside the cabinet or whatever you're digging through

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Is there a place to read the manual on the internet, the app doesn't work with my phone

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm finding the in-built thing in the menu to be pretty detailed.

I just want something I can read at work while I'm not at home with the game in front of me :(

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hobo Clown posted:

If your horse dies in the middle of nowhere do you lose all the poo poo it was carrying?

I heard you don't lose anything but I don't know how you get it all back. Maybe get a new horse and all your stuff will magically transfer to it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Found a PDF of the PS4 manual for anyone else with time to kill at work https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9ri5pk/made_the_red_dead_redemption_ii_manual_in_the/

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

canepazzo posted:

Anyone else's PS4pro fans go in overdrive on 4k? Should I worry?

You should worry if the game closes with an error that says your PS4 is overheating, or if your PS4 literally bursts into flame. Otherwise the fans spinning up are working as intended.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ChocNitty posted:

I missed some on screen info about the horse. It said when you are stationary on the horse to hold R1 and press the square button, but I tried it and I dont see anything happen. Or maybe I remembered the controls wrong.

Think that makes your horse pointlessly rear up on its hind legs. You know the cowboy thing. Horse has to be at the first loyalty level or w/e

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

This is going to be the dumbest question in this thread, but I just wanted to get the 97GB downloading by the time I'm done working today, which apparently at 10AM still counts as a pre-order.

One of the items is "cash in story mode". I don't really want to cheat myself out of the single player experience with pay to win nonsense - is there a way I can just decline this?

There actually is a choice in one of the many options menus to decline those bonuses. You aren't given them at the beginning of the game so just pause as soon as you get the chance and turn it off.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

shortspecialbus posted:

Another question - is there any way to get to where I can draw a bow for more than about a second before my feeble cowboy muscles make my aim go flying around the screen? Is there any way in general to make aim less shaky, especially with a bow, even before it strains his poor muscles?

Also how do I stop ruining perfect pelts? I thought headshots with a bow would do it but they're all getting knocked down a star as soon as I kill the animal.

i haven't done it yet but as i understand it you need to study animals and then check the compendium for tips on how best to kill them. i think a lot of them probably require poison arrows

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i keep trying to be bad but it turns out i am extremely bad at committing crimes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

if you equip guns while you're on your horse you automatically take them with you when you get off. it's like setting your loadout. so you don't have to manually retrieve them on foot every time

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i haven't figured out a legitimate way to open the safe in the doctor's office but a stick of dynamite sure does the trick

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i played this game all day and progressed the story basically none

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's loving ridiculous the way guards on trains instantly call the local sheriff to report your crime and about 20 seconds later a bunch of guys on horses are already there shooting you

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

and of course you can't buy a ticket and just hang out on the train. i'm just trying to shoot loving birds here

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ravenkult posted:

Buy a ticket, don't get off at your stop, shoot birds.

still illegal, as it turns out

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ravenkult posted:

Kill the driver and drive the train away.

trains stop moving if you don't have your hand on the lever

what the hell qualifies as a coach, for robbing

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'd like the guide but the app doesn't work on my phone and I guess there's no way to get it digitally aside from that

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Went out and bought the drat book because I'm an idiot. Anyway, apparently there aren't any perks for negative honor at all and that's lame as hell. Positive honor gets increasing shop discounts and a whole lot of unlockable outfits.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lastdancer posted:

It's really easy to be a bad boy, and difficult to be a good boy. Makes sense.

Pretty sure it's the opposite in this game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Not sure you can actually steal most of the really valuable stuff, like guns and clothes from their respective stores and horses from the stables. Most people don't carry more than like a dollar on them. Best you can hope for is a nice pocket watch to fence eventually, and that's only if you also murder them so you can dig through their pockets.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

snakebite guy bought me a gun

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Substandard posted:

I also am interested and can't figure out animals. I want my sweet trapper clothes, but how do i find "perfect" pelts?. I tried lassoing the deer and knifing them, I tried shooting with arrows, in the head, etc. but nothing seems consistent. I have been skinning everything in the field, so I can take multiple pelts at a time. I feel like I should just be able to one shot them in the head with anything and be fine, but apparently the game doesn't like that.

Animal has to be 3 stars and they need to die in one shot by the method described in the "show info" panel or in the compendium. If a 3 star animal can be lasso'd you get perfect pelts from the knife kill.

I get a lot of perfect pelts from wolves by just shooting them with regular arrows instead of poison ones so idk what's up with that

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 30, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shoehead posted:

Ive been trying to raise my honor after being a total poo poo for like two rl days and its so slow. Even pouring thousands of dollars into the camp wont shift the needle enough, I wanna buy some clothes

My experience is the opposite. I'm only in ch. 2 with just like 3 missions done and I'm already most of the way to the right side of the bar. Feels like I get honor from everything I do. Just saying hi to people gets you some.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Phi230 posted:

How close must I get to study an animal? I got within 20 yards or so of a rabbit and a deer and couldn't check either

Use your binoculars

Killing and skinning them also counts as a "study"

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Brain Curry posted:

Are any fish, or animals, or fishing equipment gated behind plot missions besides the one that unlocks fishing?

Some of the rifles you need for certain birds? and extra big animals? seem to show up later in the story.

You don't get it from the story I don't think but you do need to find instructions for poison arrows before you can start crafting them. They're out in the wild somewhere but the fence in the big city also just sells them.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 30, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

can you screw yourself out of outfits or trinkets by selling legendary parts to the wrong person

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

Also I'm confused as to why people even care that they have a bounty lol

I'll kill people who look at me funny and if the law comes before I'm done I'll shoot them too. All you gotta do is not stir up so much trouble at your current camp site area that you're locked out of the stores at the current town (if you care) but even that takes quite a bit of murdering.

i dont want bounty hunters using their gps to find and crawl up my rear end while i'm trying to hunt squirrels

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

How do I get more than one of the same gun for dual wielding, do I just have to find it? It's insane they won't just let you buy another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TMMadman posted:

If you can't buy a secondary (off hand) weapon then you probably haven't unlocked the ability to dual wield yet.

I have, it just showed up when I bought an offhand holster from the trapper. Didn't come with any tutorials or anything so it's a bug I guess. I haven't done the mission that's supposed to give it to you yet