Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

TulliusCicero posted:

I honestly feel that with the latest updates (and now working patches) that RDO feels more like a living, breathing world than GTA Online ever did for me. There's a bunch to do, random occurrences, animal attacks, and gang ambushes make things feel interesting, and dangerous

At the same time, RDO'S slower pace makes me appreciate the beauty of the world more, and it's honestly a lot harder for a douchbag to ruin your day than in GTA where their dumb hoverbike is on you in seconds. I think Rockstar is definitely getting close to something special with RDO right now, and if we get some more fun trades and some property going (also, please give us something like bank heists and train robberies, maybe even a steamboat one), they will have something really special. My greatest wish is that at some point Mexico gets added back in, but I think that's a pipedream

Also I recently started doing the trader stuff: somebody compared it to an Age of Empires villager and I agree; do I ever do anything else besides gather goods and deliver goods?

Hunting, delivery, and resupply missions is all there is to it. Once you pick up the Naturalist role and unlock the legendary missions it's possible to forgo sampling in the mission or selling the pelt or carcass if you kill and skin the animal in the mission and instead donate it to Cripps. Doing that will fill your materials bar quickly. Hunting with the storage wagon unlocked also helps because it stores a finite number of carcasses (like five deer) and I think an unlimited number of flat pelts. So even if you fill the wagon and log off your stuff will still be in the wagon for next time. Also, every 25 goods Cripps made will then require a resupply ($20 or doing a resupply mission). It takes a real life hour for him to make 25 goods. So a full delivery wagon (100 goods) takes four hours. I read that if you want to level quickly you can make deliveries with only 1/100 goods and get the same amount of xp as you would with a full delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I've been playing since beta and it's definitely a pick up put down game for me at this point. At rank 250 and running out of things to buy I'll log on when a new update comes out or when I really want to play.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Once you have every role they go together pretty well. My routine is to start at my moonshine shack and get a batch going, do one legendary naturalist mission, turn the carcass into Cripps to get him going, run the bounties on the daily list, do another legendary naturalist mission and give the carcass to Cripps, run the moonshine delivery, get another batch going, find the collector ingredients for the good moonshine sometimes, screw around until Cripps is finished and run the delivery. I don't do that routine all the time. Especially these days. I'm just logging on when a new pass comes out since I haven't missed one yet. The routine isn't perfect because of cooldowns and moonshine and Cripps don't work if you're instanced into a mission I think.

GrumpyGoesWest fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 18, 2021

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

There's a cooldown yeah. But giving Cripps legendary carcasses nets a half bar of materials.