Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mandrel posted:

initially I really wanted passive mode but i haven't had much trouble with ganking, and with the lack of death penalty it's kind of fun to come across another player in the wilderness and feel the tension between you both as you're each trying to figure out if the other is about to shoot. usually you both don't and go on your way, or fish together or whatever. feels very wild west

yeah its pretty cool. it was really bad on day one but now most of the time now I'm just waving at people around the butcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

doctor 7 posted:

They're different hats I'm afraid.

RDR2 in of itself is pretty amazing. I think it is the first game that genuinely achieves being what I would consider art. The story of redemption doesn't feel forced, it has good subtle moments where tons is communicated with little said (Arthur merely looking at John while riding with the gang shortly after deciding his "good act" will be getting John and his family the gently caress out).

None of the interacts feel forced and you learn to like, or hate, the characters based on how they behave rather than them opening up about some huge backstory out of the gate. Lenny loving rules because you get blasted with him. It's only afterwards you find out his backstory. So you give a poo poo before the game tries to force you to give a poo poo.

agree with all this

This was the first story/choice game where my RP playstyle actually felt like I was the one giving my character an arc. When Arthur gets diagnosed I found myself organically wanting to play a kinder, gentler character then I had been, particularly as I progressed the Charlotte and Hamish stories.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if thats just a bug or not. I came across that The Defiant Ones strangers quest outside Rhodes, once as Arthur and once post-game as John. Same scenes, same poster hunt. It was only that quest too.

e: oops sorry! didnt realize that wasnt known to anyone. spoiled the film reference too since i thought that was the issue at first lol

A Big Fuckin Hornet fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 27, 2019