Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Houser thinking that his bragging about Rockstar cracking the whip on their developers would go over well in the current political climate really shows how insulated richt people are from the world around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I feel like all these gaming journalists are telling identical stories of totally random events they encountered.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Zipperelli. posted:

Anyone wanna make metacritic predictions?

I'm going with 97/100.

Depends, how many expensive headphones and exclusive collectors edition items for selling on Ebay are journalists getting at review events?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The only vehicle you need in GTAO is the armored Kuruma.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Reading the Kotaku article, it sounds like some stores might get some Xbone copies. Still doesn't sound like it's going to be in great supply even for the version that's less in demand.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 22, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Far Away bugs out really easily, it didn't play for me because I paused the game to go to the toilet.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 22, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Having the Housers stand behind an editor while that person edits something, commenting every little thing in hour 99 of their 100 hour work week sure sounds like a great environment.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 22, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
That's what it means.

I'm really excited for this game. Currently playing through AC Odyssey, a game chock-full of repetitive and copy/pasted content. If Rockstar does anything right, it's creating amazing worlds that are full of little details that show great care in building the world, they're kinda the antithesis to Ubi open worlds.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Eh, Houser being so insulated from the world as to think bragging about their insane work schedules would be met with awe is worth laughing at.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Has there ever been a western (as in, not Japanese) AAA game you needed to play a previous game for to understand the story?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Red Dead Redemption Online: Lowriders

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

goferchan posted:

Depends on your internet connection because I think physical folks need to download a 50GB patch, so you may be playing before then anyways

I remember someone saying that the patch is less than 3 GB.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Calaveron posted:

What country do you live in, Latveria?

Sounds more like the US.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Current consensus on PS5 seems to be 2020, with some insiders saying 2019 was the original plan.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Nolgthorn posted:

I suppose this isn't th ebest time to point out to microsoft that cartridges are tiny and hold more space and are faster than discs

Also: Significantly more expensive. That's why all those Switch games are compressed to hell.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Dejan Bimble posted:

Speaking of cowboy games, I'm sure you remember the very fun sunset riders, but do you remember the excellent, comandos-style "Desperados?"

It was cool! It was ported to mac 2 years ago but it didn't work for me, have to play it on me thinkpad

Desperados 3 is in development right now!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Question: Are the hunting side missions in camp missable? I triggered the camp move to chapter 3 before doing the one in chapter 2, will the mission reappear at a later time or is it permanently gone?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Anyone want a trampled one star deer pelt?

Mmmh, tenderized meat!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Spoiler: There's a boat in this game.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

No Mods No Masters posted:

This game should have probably had a spoiler thread, like they used to do in the old days when the forums were more popular. Alas, too late now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873461

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Was there supposed to be a follow up after I got pictures of the four gunslingers?

The follow up happens some time in Chapter 4, the mission icon will pop up again over the Valentine saloon.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

In regards to the Valentine hidden room store robbery

Is there a list of stores with back rooms somewhere?

I only found the one in Valentine and the gun store in Rhodes.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Sab669 posted:

Trying to avoid every little spoiler so I haven't read much of this thread, sorry if this was discussed recently.

How exactly does the Stage Coach Fast Travel mechanic work? Sometimes they're not there, sometimes they are. Do I need to pay off ALL bounties in order to use it?

Pretty sure they're always available, unless you're actively being searched by the law. The lock icon goes away as soon as you approach the coach stop.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I gotta say, I’m still astonished that the bank robbery mission in Valentine after you move camp worked out exactly as expected. I chose to crack the safes rather than blow them open, and when I saw that I’d be getting like $25,000 dollars, with Arthur’s cut being around $3000 I spent the entire rest of the mission being certain, absolutely certain, that something would go wrong. The money would get stolen on the way back to camp, or someone would get locked up and the only way to get them out would be to pay a massive bribe, something, anything?! But sure enough, you get back to camp after a protracted fight and suddenly you’ve got probably more money than you’ll see for the next 10 hours of gameplay. Surprisingly generous, Rockstar.

If I were a game designer, standard edition buyers would get their money stolen while special edition buyers get the full take.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

shut up blegum posted:

Oh, was that the special edition bonus mission? I had no idea.
But yeah, I also found it weird that I suddenly had like 3k.

No no, just a bad joke. Pretty sure you get the special edition bonus cash right at the beginning of the game. And the bonus mission unlocks some time in Chapter 4.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I did the gold glitch in Limpany right at the beginning. All the complaining about not being able to leave due to lack of funds is pretty funny, considering my Arthur has $140000+

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I locked myself out of the reward and am still pissed off about how that cutscene was designed and how you can't go back in later (I tried).

You can get back into the rock carvings cabin later. Just go to the cabin door, save, load the save and return to the cabin.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

R.L. Stine posted:

Gambler challenges can eat my whole rear end.

This, but all the challenges (save for treasure hunter).

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

smoobles posted:

It says the license is tied to the other user and we have to buy the game a second time :(

Set the system as that user's home console, then every other profile on the same PS4 can play the games as well.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
99 of all supplies.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm playing through the story now, and I'm on chapter 6. I know that Arthur dies and you play John in Epilogue 1 and 2. My question is - if I want to do the hunting and fishing, then just generally explore the map, can I do all that in Epilogue 1 as John? Or should I do everything now before I finish Chapter 6?

Some stranger side missions are no longer available after the main game ends.

http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-stranger-missions-walkthrough/

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

Is there any way to adjust display area? I can’t find one for the life of me.

Maybe it respects the system setting? Other than that, idk.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Way too much effort, considering you get robbed all the time in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Aster0ids posted:

I havent played consoles since basically SNES. Trying to get a grip with this game's FPS controls. Is there a setting usually run by good console players as to sensitivity? Im experimenting, right now i got it to like 3/4s looking sensitivity, and like a little less than half with aiming sens.

Just try to get used to it. This game has horrendous input lag, no adjusting settings will be able to mitigate that.