Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Foehammer007 posted:

Any goon posse for the xbone?

I play at odd times but I believe your on my friends list. If I have time and your on I will shoot you a message to posse up for stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

I never thought I'd be interested in a Let's Play but, try as I might, I can't find myself taking the plunge and dedicating the time needed to explore this game and have actually found myself, for the first time, watching others play it. Reading countless reviews, this thread and a lot of the "things dragging this game down" thread have convinced me it's almost certainly not for me but I'm fascinated by its success and how much a western of all things just crushed every existing sales figure, not just for games, but for entertainment in general.

Maybe I'm mistaken and missing out. I recall resisting MGS games forever because of the endless cut scenes and incessant radio chat but found myself enjoying the ones I finally played. But the idea of making coffee, brushing my horsie or shaving, complete with having to sit through tedious animations when I do or setting off a wanted meter for bumping into someone accidentally does not sound fun to me. Nor does a shooter where, from what I've read, is shooting is rendered secondary due to auto aim and you are forced to painstakingly craft individual bullets. I've never enjoyed the gun play in Rockstar games to begin with (nor the controls) going all the way back to GTA3.

Could just be I'm older with a kid now and don't have the extra time anymore to put into these open world games like I used to but none of that stopped me from playing the Arkham games or Evil Within 2 so I dunno. I burnt out on Witcher 3 pretty quick too because of the item management, menus and over use of the mini map so I think it comes down to game play style and what I feel like focusing on more than the quality of the game itself which, in this case, seems hard to argue with given its popularity.

If I had to stay in the hospital or in bed for 2 weeks and only had a PS4 to gently caress around with, I'd probably love it but, sadly, I'm not laid up sick and immobile.

Anyway, I found this that's a one year retrospective

https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-one-year-later-1839333445

And hadn't seen it posted.

Buddy, a lot of us are just like you. Don’t sleep on this game though and watch someone else play through it. You won’t be disappointed when you play this game for yourself. Do a mission a night. Or just hunt and fish or rob or what ever. This game is worth it.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Squirrel Burger posted:

stay in chapter 2 where everything's fun forever and nothing is a bummer

This is good sound advice. I did a lot of challenges in chapter 2 because I didn’t feel rushed at all.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Nash posted:

Is the outlaw pass 35 gold again?

40 gold this time but we get it all back and 30 more ranks up to 100 this time.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Filthy Monkey posted:

Just started playing the online a couple of days ago with some friends. We've mostly just been plowing through the story missions. We have done random stranger missions if one of us isn't available though.

So far the only guns I've bought have been the bolt action and the varmint rifle, as they seem to be pretty highly recommended. I just barely made enough gold bars over two days to pay 10g for the trader profession thing. Not sure if that was the best use of the gold, but I figured grabbing it will it was still 5 bars off was sensible. I've run a few carts of goods, and am at trader level 4.

Apart from that, I spent $700 upgrading a couple of the passive cards to level 2. Currently level 21, and still using the starter shithorse.

Any suggestions for what to focus on at this point? I feel like a better horse would be really useful. I see a lot of recommendations for the mustang at 27, but I am not quite there yet. A bandoleer also sounds like it might be a worthwhile expenditure.

Save your money and level up your trader as best you can. The level 20 trader horse is one of the best. I used the lovely starter horse until I leveled up bounty hunter for the level 20 horse and I don’t regret it.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

I don’t know what they did but I have not had any infinite load screens when starting moonshine delivery missions or moonshine regular missions the past two weeks. Always loads in now.

I’m on Xbox btw.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

feels like a lot of these problems could be fixed just by limiting lobbies to 16 players?

Or 20. There is no problem with animals spawning with a lobby of 20.

Side note I once saw my lobby grow to 28 so that’s a thing when normally it hangs around 24-25 people.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

spaced ninja posted:

So maybe rockstar did something for the animal spawns (on Xbox). Just joined a session and was immediately attacked by two bears. Saw a few small critters riding to my camp that was actually there when I got to it!

I have found at certain times that the server population is low enough that animals spawn on the constant on Xbox. So now I do my hunting at around 12est and then my dailies in the morning when I get up so I can hit up the trade route when it pops.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Morter posted:

Is there a way to identify what a hat is? Got this off a bounty hunter and I want one of my own, but I don't know what it's called

Looks like a variation of the stalkers hat.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Hakarne posted:

If all that's holding you back from playing online is a fear of being ganked you're missing out. Put yourself in defensive mode and you will be ignored 99% of the time. In 110 levels and countless hours I've been attacked exactly twice when I was in defensive mode. And both times I killed the attackers with no effort because you're insanely tanky in defensive. I'm level 20 trader and bootlegger and I've never had a player attack my local deliveries. Never.

Yep this is my same experience. I played before the introduction of defensive and it wasn’t terrible back then either. If I know I’m going to be put into offensive after say a story mission or a event like trade route I always have a shotgun equipped, just incase someone wants be be a jerk. Repeating shotgun shuts them up real quick.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Had another update on the Xbox this morning. Let’s see how this goes!

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Yep things are a lot better. Spawn in camp, animals all around again like before. Horse comes when called. Looks to be fixed.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

As the new bounties are drip fed, they'll be in the legendary bounty menu.

Yeah. This channel here is a pretty good source on new clothes, simple and right to the point, shows clothes for both guys and girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSElS4TlZLU

Like so.

Edit:

So do you not get bounty XP without buying the new license first? Did a regular one and I'm still at 0 XP at level 20.

Ya you have to unlock the next ten levels.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the current outlaw pass actually has ammo capacity upgrades scattered throughout it, might be worth ponying up for once you save up enough gold since the levels are retroactive

not sure how much longer you have to grind out the levels / gold before it goes away though

I believe I saw the reward have a end use date of March 31st.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Thanks! I hadn’t tried the menu option. I had always though it was only an option to use in front of the flag itself. However, when I tried it in the past the game wouldn’t let me do it.

I have PIB and I’ll try and make more use of it. I just have to say I’m still awestruck by how gorgeous the landscape looks in the game there’s still times where you think for a second it’s like this could’ve just been like a photo of real life.

As for money and gold just do your dailies for gold and try to find goons doing moonshine/ trade runs for cash. I play with my kid and we like doing bounty hunter stuff together. I know that I will have to do a trade run and moonshiner run soon so you can hit me up tomorrow if you want to jump in for some free getting ya going cash. GT is the same as my user name. We normally play for a few hours on Sunday’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

rotinaj posted:

:hmmyes: this person speaks of the wisdom of trade route, the best mini game in red dead online

I always like to start out a trade route crouched on the cowcatcher on the train, it’s a good firing spot.

Lol I loved trade route for this is as well except I had dynamite arrows to blow the people off the cow catcher in front.