Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I cant play RDR2 right now, is there a good lets play that is recommended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I've held off on getting this forever but it seems like it will never go below $45.
Should I get it through Steam? Or just go with a Rockstar key from somewhere?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Yeah, i'll just wait a bit for a sale.
Its not like I dont have a metric fuckton of backlogged games.

Strangely GMG doesnt like my CC and refuses to sell to me.

Humble is partially the same way. I buy games there regularly, but they won't allow their monthly on my CC.
Which i'm probably better off because of.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Damnit, I finally said screw it when I found a card that had some money on it, so I just bought it from GMG.
And after getting through the tutorial/beginning, Steam has put it on sale, would've much rather had it with steam achievements and poo poo.
Oh well. Fun, though I still like RDR1 way way more.
Trudging through the snow alone amazes me plus the looks of everything else.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Isn't it free on gamepass now?
This kinda felt like one of those games I should buy though.
Since i'll likely be spending a bit of time in it off and on.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Cardiovorax posted:

I have accidentally closed the game three times now because it appears to treat the B button as confirmation instead of cancelling when you accidentally select the Quit option instead of the Map option in the main menu. Is there any way at all to avoid that? Because it kind of sucks.

Having this problem, I have almost quit like 10 times now.
Just trying to back out of the map and the game somehow thinks i'm quitting.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

My first foray online, i get my first horse and am then told to kill a wolf which I do, but then it also tells me to get a kill from someone else.
Not sure if a person or NPC.
But I just kept getting one shot like 5 times.
And my screen kept getting messages like this.

So I quit and went back to single player and come across some guy who needs help getting to a doctor.
Right in front of the docs office i get cut off and me, him and the horse go down.
He's now dead and i'm somehow wanted for murder.
Not the dick who cut us off.

GJ game.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Is there a log of messages somewhere that pop up for poo poo that i'm usually involved in something else to click on in time?
I just got a message that says I abandoned my legendary animal, though I skinned the bison, but now I have the pelt and cant seem to find a trapper to do something with it.

The consoleness of this game really irks me sometimes.
Yesterday I had 2 instances of it where I saved a lady who was tied up, so I shot the kidnapper and put her on the ground and got the prompt to cut her free, nope, kicked her instead. Now she hates me.
Also saved some guy in a bear trap, after saving him, hit left trigger to talk, nope pulled my gun on him instead.
Not sure how he ran so fast after being pulled out of a bear trap.

e: Ok googled trappers which I will get to later, hopefully my legendary pelt I left laying in camp because I didnt know what to do with it, wont despawn.

e2: seriously need a log, just got some prompt about finding a legendary fish and that theres someone in a camp... but thats all i saw before it faded.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 23, 2020

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Silentgoldfish posted:

Press L. Default key for opening up the log.

While that is useful and havent seen it yet, it sadly doesnt have any of those prompts that come up.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yeah but I can't be a pretty princess in SP

Theres mods for that.
Though I havent tried it.

https://www.mod-rdr.com/downloads/rdr2/mods/7-lennys-simple-trainer/

You can even be a rattlesnake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y237GKj-G60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Outsidexbox doing live RDO drunk fishing atm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xobcHJEVl_0

e: one guy has a horse named Shire Lebeouf

OgNar fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 10, 2020