Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

A lady twisted her ankle, falling off a dying horse. She asked me for a ride, I say a-yup. She hops on, and then nothing.

I ride with her to town, nothing. I brought her to a doctor, nothing. I got off my horse to help get her down off my horse to put her into the doctor, still nothing.

i call up to her on my horse with a greeting and say the words "well, good luck then" to which she responds "can't catch no break". She will not get off my horse. There is no waypoint she is asking to go. Do I just run my horse at a rock to remind her how to get off a horse and leave her stranded in town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I crafted a legendary buck trinket, I swear that I did. Why is my trinkets clothing menu option greyed out?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Tried to give my new favorite character the harmonica she asked for and the full drunk idiot wanted to bother me at the exact right second so my eyeballs roll back around in my head to point at him, my thanks-for-the harmonica cut scene is just plain gone. Twenty seconds later it does triage and Reverend is scared.

Was she grateful for the harmonica? Wondering what I missed

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I yelled at the scam book man and I chased after him because I assumed he was leading me to like, a set piece? And then he just ducked around a corner and I bumped into three tables in a row and he was gone. No icon on the map. Is my fifty dollars gone?

I went out to the swamp to look for a legendary gator and did you know that the top eight results for "where the gently caress is the goddamn legendary alligator" all fail to mention you can't find him until chapter 4? That's wild. I pissed off the swamp folk by skulking around and shooting their pet gators.

The first wild horse I ever saw was a Mustang. I calmly approached him for an hour. Night fell and rose again. I finally got him right at the edge of a cliff, I pat him, I mount him. His back feet were already off the edge so he basically suplexed me off of the 30 foot cliff. Good horse. Anyway it's 30 hours later and now I want a mustang and every goddamn map for wild horses swears up and down you can only get a mustang out in the heartlands right where the ea of the word on the map is and that is a goddamn lie. Those are kentucky saddlers 98% of the time and thoroughbreds the other 2. And I distinctly remember that mustang suplexed me in more of a tall trees area. It were colder and there were trees and a place to get suplexed off of a high cliff with trees. No area in the heartlands has that. This horse map is bullshit.

AndyElusive posted:

Thanks for the heads up about the free Arabian, thread!

Because it's pure white it dirties up too fast. I'm looking for a horse that doesn't need me to brush it down every three steps.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The free one is always snow white unless I my playstation is melting and I am unaware.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Necrosaro posted:

What does that ringing bell noise mean when I eat food sometimes? It is drat amazing how much food I need to shove down my gullet to maintain weight. I ate a whole moose and was still average.

There's a polygon video where they try to create the mythical large arthur. I won't spoil it, or post it, because I feel like it's gotta be here or the previous page.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Just bought a full outfit for the first time. I'm crestfallen I can't get this outfit in other colors, I would have gotten it to look like the dumb and dumber tuxedos.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Mystic Stylez posted:

Do you guys have tips for duels? I can't do them well with any sort of regularity. Most of the time I will fail and sometimes I get a good amount of time to aim and shoot.

Okay so you know you hit R2 slowly right? there's just like, a sweet spot, and when you press the R2 trigger in there just right it rockets to finish the circle first. When your circle is full just pull R2 and vaguely aim at them. WHo cares.

Here's my question about duels. I shot a guy's dueling gun out of his hand and thought okay cool I get to be friends with this one but then he had a second gun and was like, laughing? Maniacally? as he points the gun to his own head and then I just shot him because I was afraid I'd die and lose that perfect alligator skin on my horse if I didn't just shoot him. Like what if he goes "psych!" and shoots me instead of himself? But also what if I just kept shooting pistols out of his hands until we're friends and he signs my cowboy yearbook? I didn't have the courage to find out.

Also: I cannot find elk for poo poo. I remember seeing them, the map says they're everywhere but that's another way of saying they could be anywhere. I go out looking for elk and have to come home with a perfect wolf carcass that turns poor by the time I get to camp. If all I'm gonna do with it is hang its skull on my bedpost why does it need to be a perfect wolf corpse?

Literally cannot find a wild horse that isn't a kentucky saddler. Nakota sounds cool. Every map I find says they're in the south of Cumberland Forest? Just more kentucky saddlers in my experience.

I recorded a cool glitch I was hunting the panther and I saw a dead boar. I accidentally bump it and it explodes into four dead boar. That's it.

Do pelts lose quality if you accidentally jump on them because I keep going up to a downed deer and instead of square-mercy-killing it , I square-jump-up-on-it-with-both-my-goddamn-shitkicking-boots it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

If you save someone in the wild from a bear trap or whatever and they offer to buy you "one thing" from the general store as thanks, you can open the catalogue. You can pick a full outfit. You don't have to grab a box of crackers off the physical store shelf and say "uhhhh these are three dollars so i guess they're the most expensive thing in the store" like I did.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

My map has a huge X through the legendary animal I killed but i'm doing the math and I need to kill at least two to get a complete set so what's the deal here? Is X just "you have killed at least one, congrats" or am I locked out of killing another for a period of time or what? Do I gotta wait a week? Kill every other legendary so they reset together? I'm very concerned by what this huge "don't even bother" X means

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Werewolf happened to me too but I wasn't facing the right direction to see so I didn't understand what was going on. I heard a man holler, and then a wolf charged me. I didn't link the two until that guy said werewolf. I believe him.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Oxxidation posted:

that's sort of my problem, i moved out of Clemen's Point so the boat is now in the bayou on the other side of the dang state

You know you can just swim there right? Your horse can swim there? I did it, the hard way. And then I noticed that even tinier island to the north of iguana island is basically impossible to drown while horse swimming to.

I just realized I didn't try to sell the legendary wolf carcass. I tried to kill two legendary beasts in one trip so I got the bear and the wolf and left his dumb body to rot. Am I just out like 20 bucks or was he crafting materials too?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Tim Whatley posted:

I finished the serial killer mission line yesterday and boy was that sort of a hosed up ending

Gotta learn how to start that one. Look on my works. Ok. Tracked the corpse down the hill to his leg. Tail went cold. Ok.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

How do you get on top of a train? sometimes you hit square and you go up. Sometimes I run up and down the train doing little bunny hops and no, i'm not allowed up there, and everyone is yelling at me, and then they shoot me for accidentally pulling out my gun when I'm trying every possible button combination to climb up there. it was L2 and Square right? Why can't I get back up there 99.999% of the time but then randomly I do but I fall off before I see a single goddamn bird and once i'm back in the passenger level eight birds go by?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Zaa Boogie posted:

Vague hint: Or did it?

Less vague hint: Check your immediate surroundings.

Clear hint: Look back up the way you came. You'll see the trail leads back up the hill to the left. There's a head knifed into the wood there with a map in its mouth.

I still can't find it. which way "did I come" because I came from valentine and all the messages are written facing the other direction. Which way do you think I came? I follow the trail uphill to a pile of blood. It goes nowhere further. I follow the trail down to a leg. it goes no further.

Do you mean the only hill I can see in miles around, that mesa in the background? With no trail and no reason to I'm supposed to run back there? I"m just googling rdr2 serial killer and looking for a video. I'm tired of walking up and down this murder scene. It should have been way more obvious than this.

e: It is neither uphill nor downhill but exactly in the middle. good.

e2: I am sad that a mission forced me to rob a gun store and showing back up to repay it is not an option. Guy straight up does not remember i owe him a rifle.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 12, 2018

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I just got told there was a legendary nearby and said why not and the buck was right there. What would have happened if I had been intending to find him? The zone would be "too busy"? I would follow the three golden turds and then he wouldn't show? I'm not sure how a legendary beast could even "not spawn"?

I want to know how blind stupid lucky I was is all.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Oh I'm looking for the legendary elk right now but he just isn't here on either side of fort no-go. I thought I hadn't found the starting point just right yet.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Is the bed at the camp I never go to the only way to fast travel or?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I heard there were special outfits for honor and what that implies to me is that a goody good boy gets a good white hat to wear but if you're bad you get all black threads but is that how it is?
I'm not finding that, i'm looking for it, but it seems like getting any honor, as long as you stick to it, unlocks all the outfits.

I just kept telling myself wait until I hit max honor and I get the good outfit but I don't think it's coming. I already passed on this silly barbershop quartet "The Denville" I don't think there's any more clothing coming.

I'm gonna have to mix and match and custom color the threads like a jerk aren't I?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The tailors at saint denis is just friggen gone. I got paid. I want to look nice. I'll get the drat dandy outfit just let me in? Save and reload and nothing. I'm slamming my shoulder into the door to no effect. What the sam hill?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I can't get bandit 1 started. Every person I Rob just shoots me or rides off. Do I have to be in town?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

But then... I'd get in trouble!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I have some trinkets. Or talismans. I do not know the difference between them. I bought some feathery things I can wear on my hat. I bought some bone-things that give me good stuff. I do not know how to cosmetically attach either, or both. The option is permenantly greyed out. I changed hats and now I don't have an eagle feather on the side. Also I got all those legendary animal thingies and literally none of them are wearable. I feel like, one, or the other, should be on my list of things to wear, but they share a single greyed out option I'm not allowed to gently caress with. Rude.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

No, the stat modifiers max out at +/- 7.5% and then you can just never worry about it again.

I made my Arthur eat all the time in an effort to get him fat as hell and I was still at minimum weight by the end of chapter 3 so I almost wonder if that's another mechanic that's bugged and just quits working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOIRGK_bJiY

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Do some animals only spawn at night or morning? I seem to get murdered by panthers in the morning. Anyway I spent all my sleeps trying to savescum a perfect panther and failed so oh well. Time to do story missions.

It is cool that people come to check on you and guilt you into playing the story missions though.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Soonmot posted:

Was something updated recently? Yesterday before work I put my xbox in rest mode, as I've done a million times before while in the bank robbery mission. When I loaded up to play after work, the game acted as if I exited out and rebooted it. The same thing happened just now when I went to play. I'm back at camp and that mission hasn't started.

I... I feel like there was a stealth patch because until yesterday my horse had never poo poo but then suddenly it wouldn't stop making GBS threads. Every time I turn around having skinned a cougar it would be making GBS threads. I don't know if it's like the fed ex arrow where once you see it you can't not see it or if the poop variable suddenly got switched to on. And then I started thinking it's only a matter of time until someone's game glitches out and gets a horse that actually, literally never stops making GBS threads and we see some footage of just spraying poop all across town as you gallop through like lovely paul revere.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Was riding my horsey somewheres when these two dudes are off the side of the road trying to crack a safe. They tell me to mind my own business and I am about to deliver a withering bon mot when their dynamite they've set next to the safe exploded killing them both instantly. Also removing several limbs. Thanks for the cash, though, guys.

I got the same one except even though I could clearly see the money inside it wouldn't let me take it

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 14, 2018

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

"he's british of course" part four: I think it's bugged. the barn with the lion in it doesn't have anyone holding the doors closed. I just keep hearing some guy by the fence yelling" HOly poo poo get my gun! It's in the barn!" and the barn has the waypoint but there's no way in. I slammed m y shoulder against all twelve loving doors on this thing and there's no way in and nobody to let me in.

I guess I'll come back later?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The Fool posted:

Just come back during the day.

I had the same issue when I tried to go at night.

It's high noon. I just came from a dang morning panther hunt.

What are the odds on the buck trinket activating? I was hoping that 2* would become 3 but it did not.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can you get to new Austin before the story takes you there?

I’m almost done with the satchel crafting. I just need panther, cougar, badger and iguana pelts.

Getting the panther one is testing my patience. I’ve killed three and none of them have been perfect.

Also, tips on finding badgers?

I tried to ride straight through the no-go zone and I did, I eluded the law, the patrols, the bounty hunters. I made it. I was across that river.

You take headshot damage every second you exist in new austin. From nowhere. You are not allowed to be there.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

For panthers? poo poo they are only ever in the one spot, bottom of braithwait estate. Basically ride along the road and if your horse gets spooked then jump off, hunker down, eagle eye up while whipping out that improved arrow and bow. Dead eye as soon as you see face. If there's no panther there, there's no panther today. Go do something else. It's just not worth camping over and over for. Exactly because when your guard is down is when you'll get pounced thinking "guess there's no panther this morning, either."

For cougars? You know where the NE trapper is?
From him, mark the elk waterfall pool in the far far far NE corner of the map, the picture of an elk, that I thought was a moose for all of yesterday, and kept trying to go check to respawn. It's not a moose. One of the faq's map says its a moose spawning ground too and it's a goddamn liar. There are no moose on the east -- only on the west glacier.

Anyway on the way from the trapper to the not-moose just ride like hell along the red dotted line along the trails and when your horse gets spooked, same deal, hop off, whip out that bow, dead eye as soon as you see face.

There are loving THREE on the way from the trapper to the moose. You do not have to try hard to find them. They find you. It doesn't matter if they're perfect or not. Do not even think about checking if they're perfect or not. Put an improved arrow down their throat, whistle for your poor horse, and then check if it was perfect.

Your horse is a predator finding genius. Your horse marks them on the map for you. It is not hard at all. Your horse will never find you a raccoon or muskrat. The hard part is remembering to switch to improved arrow, and not small game, because you saw that copperhead that ALSO spooked your horse, and you ruined the pelt and also the cougar bit your drat spine in half.

I have a question though. For Master Hunter 7 i'm supposed to lure both a predator and a herbivore and kill them both: is this simultaneous? Because Herbivores don't care how good the bait is, they run from predators. If I put them down on separate sides of the meadow I have to spin real fast in dead eye and the prey basically bolts and whoops that didn't work. If it's, like, do one and then the other while doing nothing else in between then okay. But simultaneous is really hard, and I've been abusing the fact that boar count as predator for some reason. But shooting the boar scares the deer. (wait I'm suddenly unsure - it only ever said 1/2 kill predator and boar. I think I just stopped reading the tooltip)

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Yeah if I could give any advice it's do story missions until they give you manual dead eye painting. I went to gently caress off with hunting and it was a huge mistake. I'd get attacked at bridges and use a double barrreled shotgun in dead eye mode and it would make me put two into the same corpse like what are you even doing. Come on.

And then ONE more story mission got me manual dead eye. I literally do not understand why they punish you like this. It's one quest into chapter 2 when you're free to gently caress around anyway. Just get that first.

Do not put two arrows into a cougar that ruins the pelt. I don't even think you can dead eye two arrows in a round anyway.

I misunderstood so much. You were answering my question. Thank you. My problem is I cannot get both the predator and the prey in the same frame. You are not allowed to spin 180 and continue dead eye. Once you're not looking it un-paints the x. And I can't get them close enough they just spook each other away.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

What the heck? Haha. Okay that's simpler.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Hey if you are going to be a good guy, it might be worth holding onto that first gold bar. I only got 300 for it then, but now that I'm a Paragon of the West, the ones I got later went for five hundred each.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I can't seem to ever use scent cover. It is greyed out in my options bin, it is greyed out on my action wheel, no matter what.

What's the closest I can get my outfit to this?
I think the gambler hat is the boss hat but you can only get it black like this if it's the gambler hat so that's the closest I can get hat wise. Need a brown duster jacket. Black vest. Black leather boots. God it is hard to find a full body shot of this guy not in the poster, which is sepia for effect.

Hat and mustache would make it. I could fake the rest. Whats the best hat for this?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I am noticing that you cannot buy a dark brown jacket without stripes, you cannot buy a single shirt with an open collar. I'm very sad right now. Might have to switch to few dollars more van cleef.

You basically can't get anything in black which is weirding me out. I didn't want to before so I didn't notice it but you just literally cannot get black.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I bought pants and now I can't see my shoes. I can't take the pants off. None of these pants don't go down to the ankle. What is even the point of cowboy boots if your pants go over them? Did I get a bug? I'm 100% sure I saw cool etchings on those fancy gunslinger boots and i'm 100% stumped how to see them now that I bought pants. Was I not wearing pants?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

A thing that drives me crazy is: You cannot take the outfit you are wearing and make sure it is always available on your horse. You can make sure outfits you're not wearing are on your horse. As soon as they become the outfit you are wearing you're not allowed to put them on your horse.

If you buy a hat? gently caress you find a room idiot because that poo poo is your new outfit until you do.

Like I can go to my outfits on my horse and say "let me wear this, let me wear this" and one by one they fall off my horse. Arthur is a messy bitch and he just throws that poo poo on the floor apparently.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Friendly Fire posted:

Yes you can. The saved outfits and put saved outfit on my horse are on two separate pages in the wardrobe.

...? No you can't? I'm looking right at it. It says "remove from horse" but it's greyed out. Because I'm wearing it. If I stopped wearing it, it wouldn't be on my horse.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Friendly Fire posted:

Ok, I might be misunderstanding what you are describing then, because I've had no issue with adding or removing an outfit from the horse provided I saved it first, and while I've had weapons drop off the selection wheel, the outfits never have.

Okay so I got my custom outfit 1, right? If I'm not wearing it, I can put it on the horse. The instant I wear it, it stops being custom outfit 1, it becomes "custom outfit" no number. Whatever you are wearing is "custom outfit". The instant I buy a hat, that hat is part of "custom outfit". Custom outfit 1, the one I want, is back at camp, or in a hotel. I'm mismatched until I get back and put my good hat back on.

Ammanas posted:

my guy was up in the mountains, freezing his rear end off. game told me to put on a coat. how do i do that (assuming I own a coat)

You gotta go into your wardrobe and keep adding the winter gunslinger to your horse's saved items. It keeps falling off for me but that one will keep you warm. It will, at least, warn you, when it removed your outfits and you don't have, for example, a cold weather outfit on the horse. That's how I know some bullshit is afoot, because my outfits all fell off my horse again one by one.

It's entirely possible i'm loving up somehow but my experience is that no matter what I do my outfits fall off my horse as I wear them and get changed and I'm having no end of trouble with it!

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Tragedienne posted:

Is there anywhere to reliably find cougars in chapter 2/3. I have checked so many guides online and I have yet to see one

This is the upper right furthest corner of the map. These are the cougars I consistently found while looking for moose that don't exist. Just ride around until your horse gets scared or nap and try again.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 15, 2018