Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

ThomasPaine posted:

Currently sat waiting for this to install, is it good?

:same: 39 minutes to go :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I've still got 8 minutes to go for install, but the controls can't be worse than Dark Souls 1 and those became "intuitive"

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Mr.PayDay posted:

So how do I donate food for my camps cook? By just donating via dialogue? I hunted a deer and dropped it in the camp and was told it would be in a „convenient place“?
And there it rots? Or gets skinned? Or cooked?

Tha Game owns but it has in a way too much handholding in the early hours while being completely counterintuitive at the same time and lacking the explanation of several mechanics and elements.
It’s bizarre.

This please tell me i've got rotting deer and ram carcasses about and there are flies

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

The horses are v hard to control and i've killed myself many times just running into a tree or another rider, or just busting up into some poor sap's camp and then having to murder him

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Which begs the question, am I supposed to kill/rob these solitary camping strangers???

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

How do I get better guns

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

That's why you store different outfits on your horse :science:

How??

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

How do I increase the amount of health I have? My stamina has increased such that I can run for miles, but my health is piddling and it makes firefights stressful.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

i got that white arabian horse and tied her tail in a braid

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

rap music posted:

whoa what do you just do the light press thing? also how do you flourish your weapon

at any time you can light press r2 to enter into duel mode (basically deadeye without having to aim your gun first). and you double tap L1 to do a sweet gun flip back into your holster

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

I have tried to be a good guy and it sucks. One time I saved a stagecoach from being robbed by bandits, and tied them up rather than shooting them. On a whim i threw one on the back of my horse and decided to take him to jail for his crimes. Three mins later I am riding through town and get gunned down for kidnapping the dude.

I like tying them up and throwing them off a cliff

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I can't play until this evening but now I want to see...if you hogtie someone, take them into the wilderness and set some bait by them will wolves come eat them?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So can someone tell me how to do the duel thing? I can never read the instructional text before I get killed. so I end up just firing as quickly as I can which has worked so far but there has to be a better way. Something about slowly squeezing the trigger, but the times I've done that I get killed.

Slowly squeeze the trigger, but not too slowly or they'll outdraw you.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Sorry friend, but you're not looking hard enough. 3 star rabbits are everywhere. Just ride along with your varmint rifle out and a rabbit gets flushed just immediately scope in and kill it if it's a 3 star.

people say this but like the aiming and firing action isn't fast enough in my game. the rabbits are too speedy for me to shoot them.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

You need honor level 4. I haven't looked up anything else about it to avoid spoilers. Also not sure how to check what number level you are since the indicator is a sliding scale.

Any tips on robbing the Valentine doctor's side business then? I changed into a brand new outfit out of sight, put on a full face mask (no one in town saw my face and my new clothes), and as soon as I started I had a wanted level and an increased bounty. The increased automatic bounty is also far and away higher than what you get from doing it, so I have no idea why that mission even exists.

I parked my horse behind the office, went in and blasted everyone in the room with a shotgun, grabbed the pistol and high-tailed it to my horse. I did get a bounty, but it was only $4.00 and i paid it off at the post office.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

huh ive got that glitch too

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

theblackw0lf posted:

Though I get a feeling if I had aimed for his head his brains would have been blown away

he actually catches it

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

you also need a "commit crimes" outfit

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Goddamn Flaco was the only duel I lost and had to retry so far, and that's because he pulled what I always envisioned myself pulling in a similar situation; he dove off to the side immediately and my first shot missed by a country mile.

haha - when he dove it scared me and i jerked the stick over and shot him right in the forehead mid leap by accident

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Spoiler for that quest: Black Belle survived in my game, I helped her fight off some bounty hunters and she even posed for me at the end. Not sure if that's the same for everyone but I didn't really get any choices. Kinda wanted her unique pistol but you know, honor.

Mine too - I did see someone say that the game won't let you shoot her/the reticle is grayed out

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I just keep seeing posts over and over again bitching about how hard saving is. It's not hard at all so I don't get it.

like everything else in the game, it takes too long to perform what should be a simple action

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

i like to do crimes and get away with them. the entire gang, however are psychopaths and force me to get bounties via wide open shootouts in the streets :(

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I've just been catching legendary fish all day. 9 down, 4 to go.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Is there a trick to the legendary fish? I'm at the spot where it's drawn on the map and have been trying different bait but only regular fish are biting

Get the special lures from Lagras and you'll hit the legendaries on the 1st or 2nd cast.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I'm trying to find a 3* cougar in the NW corner up by Big Valley and am having no luck. After like 2 in game weeks, there've been 2 cougars spawn and both were 1* :(.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

big trivia FAIL posted:

I'm trying to find a 3* cougar in the NW corner up by Big Valley and am having no luck. After like 2 in game weeks, there've been 2 cougars spawn and both were 1* :(.

Originally posted at 8:15AM, a mere 6 hours and 5 minutes later, success! The legend of the east satchel is mine..

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Lexorin posted:

They cost me 750$ and I had over 5k. Or I could go tramp around in the woods and try to tame a loving horse for 30 minutes.

I spent over 6 hours hunting a cougar today (not counting the time I put in yesterday trying the same thing). 30 minutes for the best horse seems just fine in comparison.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

There are a few legendaries in the Blackwater zone. Am I locked out to those until the epilogue? I get bounty gibbed within a minute of entering around Tall Trees.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I stumbled into a cabin that someone had been gruesomely murdered in and Arthur busted out with"God-DAYUM" that got a hearty laugh. Also :siren: YOU CAN STOW TWO PELTS ON YOUR HORSE :siren:

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Jesus Christ. I've been trekking 2 horses around and back tracking every 2nd kill when I was doing satchel upgrades and legendary hunting :-(

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Zaa Boogie posted:

Just remember we're talking about medium pelts that store on the horse's rump. The large pelts you have to tie up you can only ever carry one of.

Yes I remember having to kill 7 perfect deer for all the satchels, plus a whole lot of other medium animals. I did so much backtracking

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

poo poo, I was to the south east hunting beavers (guide says u can find them there, seems odd to have them in the swamp, might be wrong) and got ambushed, I don't even know by who, at least six of them. Died instantly and respawn next to a piece of poo poo Tennessee Walker, they killed my white Arabian! Can I get a new one or is that it?

Good news is you can head over to St Denis and grab a better Black Arabian

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Zaa Boogie posted:

Gotta wait until chapter 4, dontcha?

I don't think so

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

qbert posted:

Found a few posts suggesting you can lure the legendaries to right near you before they bite, meaning you barely have to reel them in any distance to catch them. Gonna give that a shot.

this is what i do. don't do a long rear end cast and try to position yourself on land as close to where the fish is as possible.

lets hang out posted:

When can I get the special lures, the guide suggests that I need those to catch legendary fish but they aren't at the bait shop

you probably need to unlock the mission for catching them at Gills Landing. It's just to the west from Clemens Point

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Zuul the Cat posted:

Yeah, I got the Springfield (since it was one of the only guns unlocked for me at the moment). Helps though since I was saving up to get a bolt action.

I also ran into a problem with one of the quest chains - the one where you need to go find the old gunslingers for Calloway. I finished finding the first four and went back to Valentine, but Calloway isn't in the bar and the bartender isn't triggering the next stage. Any suggestions?

I killed a poo poo ton of them. I killed a bunch of the guards on the train, then got into a running gunfight with lawmen and killed several.

wait until a later chapter

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Can I store money at a bank or something? I'm sitting on like $8,000.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Dogen posted:

Someone tell me what part of the goddamn ice lake the legendary salmon hangs out at I’m losing my mind catching these god damned muskies.

this one drove me nuts but i finally got it when i realized it is not in the pool of water that the actual drawing on the map is on. It's in the pool of water by a rock formation. you will see it in eagle eye if you are in the right spot.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Dogen posted:

The main open water part that’s already pretty north of the drawing? Should I be fishing off the ice or even further north off the shore? All I have seen in eagle eye are muskies so I’m not even sure that I’m looking in the right place. I also thought maybe I could dynamite some ice away (which would be cool and should be a thing) because of where the dang drawing is. All the other ones are so close to their drawings!

Yeah, I think so. Just north of, and facing north, the first L in Isabella

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 4, 2018

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Why is gambler challenge 8 even a thing? Spend 100 real life hours playing blackjack to try to luck into 3 hands you can hit 3x on. It's INFURIATING when you finally get one and the dealer wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Also, the thing about challenges that really sucks is that they're gated, so even if you've, say, stolen 30 wagons by the time you unlock "steal 7 wagons", they don't even count