Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Yeah I'm all pre loaded and the launcher doesn't give a countdown, pretty shoddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Apparently

Some Games Website posted:

We have received confirmation from Rockstar that Red Dead Redemption 2 will unlock at 5am PT/ 8am ET / 1pm GMT on November 5th globally. This will mean Red Dead Redemption 2 won't unlock until 2am on November 6th in New Zealand, for example

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Anyone with an i5 had any luck with stopping the freezing by lowering settings for the time being?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Ofaloaf posted:

Holy poo poo, I guess it's time to upgrade the GPU. Got an i5-6500 processor, 16 gigs of ram, and a four-year-old nvidia GTX 960, and the game stutters like hell in the starting blizzard chapter. Got to drive everything down to medium and low with lower-than-native resolution and it still heaves.

When you say stuttering, do you mean it freezes up for a few seconds at a time, with the audio continuing? If so, that's apparently an i5 issue that is due to be fixed.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This game is pretty dang nice-lookin'

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

How do I am down sights on PC?

Be in 1st-person, right button to aim and then scroll the mouse wheel. It should default to that on the right button after.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I was playing a bit of online yesterday and was in a ghost world for about 30 minutes. No NPCs anywhere and the only animals I saw were horses pulling empty carriages.

Apparently this has been a longtime issue; is it just something that crops up every now and then?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Gandalf dies???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Kudos to the folks who did those settings posted above, I've been trying them out and it still looks just as pretty as ever