Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Dutch was awesome, though, so that's totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I lost my hat. :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The emergent quests in this are ridiculous.

Some random dude ran out on the road crying for help from a snake bite, so I sucked it out of his leg and promptly forgot about it. Several hours later, he's in town and yells to me, tells me to grab one free item from the gun shop, so I head in, shoot the poo poo with the clerk who basically makes fun of the guy but says the offer is good, and I grab the Springfield rifle and save myself 120 bucks. Come out to thank the guy, he gets pissed I picked something so expensive, then his friend tries to pick a fight with me, so I punch his rear end out. The snake bite guy tries to flee, trips and falls off the porch and knocks himself out on the horse hitch.

GotY 2018

Also I robbed a secret room and got a free Schofield Revolver, which I promptly made look like a ridiculous Victorian steampunk gun covered in brass engraving. Game rules.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

JBP posted:

Can't wait to get absolutely shitfaced at a work function and run from the venue security screaming you'll never take me alive.

I'M AN AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Also, I've been playing this game for 2 days now and I still loving hit the change camera button to try and bring up the map.

Seriously Rockstar, what were you thinking there?

The first person in this game is only good when you are playing one of the mini games like poker or dominoes.

I tried riding with it once and it was loving horrible. I haven't really tried walking around in it, but I don't think I would want to after trying it with the horse.

I mean it's a nice feature and all (although I don't know why they use 3 third person camera angles that are literally just a few feet apart), but it's not a loving feature that needed to use the biggest loving button on the god drat PS4 controller simply because it's not going to be used nearly as much as the loving map/menu. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I think I have a pet peeve about bad button decisions.

This.

Particularly when every other game uses it as a map. The thing has two regions, they could have made the left side of it (aka the side most people don't automatically press) the view change and the right side the map.

Conversely, gently caress the view change as a button toggle entirely, since it's a touchpad, and just swipe up and down on the thing to gradually zoom in and out to wherever you want. Want first person? Zoom in all the way.

Really not hard.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Friendly Fire posted:

Wearing a mask I usually get the "warning" notification for a bit before it switches over to a bounty on Arthur. If I clear out or get rid of the witness this goes away. If you hang around an area and there are multiple witnesses you'll get identified regardless of mask though. Also if you were wearing a mask in a crime, there is a chance you can talk your way out of it if you speak to the lawmen before they open fire.

Edit: To surrender you need to be on foot and have your weapons holstered. If you've got a gun drawn they'll start shooting straight away.

I feel like the mask also makes your bounty slightly lower overall.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I panicked and snap fired both barrels of the double barrel into its face when it first charged me and it dropped instantly. I felt like a goddamn badass.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 30, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/j5zx9y/youtuber-suspended-for-video-of-killing-feminist-in-red-dead-redemption-2

Gamers are the worst.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

In his defense, there's a lot of things you can do in RDR2 and punch a lot of different kinds of people so while pretty dumb, it likely wasn't his intention to make a video that would directly appeal to the worst kinds of gamers on the planet.

His videos beating up on feminists are more popular than videos of people killing Klansmen.

Yep.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rockstar should have made the feminists "attractive" to insidiously subvert gamers' minds into falling for them because they want to make the women their waifus. That would have been actually helpful.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Bold Robot posted:

A few random questions:

1. If I sell or give the trapper or Pearson a pelt, do I have to craft the item just then, or will it stick around in their "inventory" and be available for crafting whenever I want?

2. Is there a way to fast travel and also get your horse to come with you? I took a train from St. Denis to Riggs, but after the little train cutscene, my horse was still back where I started.

3. Are there other shops like the Doctor in Valentine that you can turn into a little heist, or is that a one-off?

1- Yes, they keep it.
2- Not that I've found, you're better off fast traveling from your camp.
3- Yes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

big trivia FAIL posted:

I'm trying to find a 3* cougar

Judging by the stories from this guy I used to work with, late night weekends at your average convenience or liquor store work, and basically any lovely bar right after happy hour. Really didn't sound that hard and the guy was a total rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo, sorry you're striking out that badly. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Lord Hydronium posted:

Shoot the wolf and sheep, your horse can store an infinite number of medium pelts.

Think it can only carry 3, actually.