Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

curlys gold posted:

im herbert moooon

Who is Herbert Moooo? I only know HerBERT MOON!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Powershift posted:

My 3 things that will determine if this game is successful or not.

1. riding buffalo
2. riding side saddle in pretty pretty dresses
3. a punt gun to kill all the geese

Excellent dress spotted at 5m 45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE#t=345s

Also a punt gun would be amazing

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

I'm not alone in thinking that "tap button to sprint" is horrendously stupid, am I?

Nah it's a bit annoying, especially when you can get around it in GTA5 by going into first person mode and holding the run button.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Youtube speculation video ahead, but I was kinda wondering why some enemies had glowing heads in the gameplay trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTfQFqIeAjA#t=38s

There might be some sort of x-ray kill cam thing tied to dead eye this time? That'd be pretty neato.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Thief posted:

it better have the big wheel on the front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjAfwM9hDc

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nottherealaborn posted:

One hell of a hot take

"Accidentally".

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.rockstargames.com/redde...atures/wildlife

I absolutely love good snow effects.

New hat! With rat! And bullet hole! Also nice to see the Volcanic pistol is back and you can mix and match your pistols. Now show me the drat LeMat and the Sharps rifle already

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Agean90 posted:

It has broken bridges preventing you from gooding to the other areas iirc

Yeah, though you could do some shenanigans to get into them early. Like getting arrested north of Bonnie's ranch where the game recognizes you as being in Tall Trees, you go to jail in Blackwater. I always did this once I got the lasso so I could go and get the best horse immediately, same for the buffalo rifle

Getting back into New Austin was a little tricky as you had to jump the gap at Thieve's Landing just right.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Zutaten posted:

I really hope Rat Hat isn't a special hat and is indeed what you get when you turn a rat corpse into a hat. It gives me hope that all 200ish animals can then be fashioned into clothing. Trout hat. Gila Monster hat. Turkey vulture hat. Even if it's just feathers/scales/accoutrements I will wear every drat animal in this game.

Red Dead Redemption confirmed to take place in the Monster Hunter universe

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

105GB install size, PS4 gets content 30 days early.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/0...t-30-days-early

Good thing I got some more bandwith the other day, but now I'm thinking of getting an external SSD

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Media Bloodbath posted:

Does an external SSD actually speed anything up? I remember that an internal SSD would only marginally speed up loading times.

It sure seems to, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwAb-yjObTE

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jimbot posted:

What's causing the bottleneck inside the PS4 hardware that an external drive going through USB is faster than internet going through SATA? I also thought you couldn't play games through external drives. I'll have to see if my game loads up that slow, I don't remember it being that slow at all.

I honestly wish I knew cause it doesn't make any drat sense. Searching around youtube and various subreddits for PS4 games suggests it's at least partially worth it in that some games benefit more than others, but this:

Thief posted:

one of the biggest problems with GTA5 was the loadtimes so cutting them down at all is a probably not a bad thing to prep for

Is a big selling point to me. I played GTA5 on a regular platter drive for a while and going to an SSD was a massive improvement.

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 27, 2018

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/rockstargames/s...5407112192?s=21

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Thief posted:

it's gonna be hosed up if there is a Bone Tomahawk reference in this game

Spooky side mission/Weird West DLC please.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

el oso posted:

More or less - from the store page:

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers a huge selection of exclusive content for Story Mode including:
Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
Dappled Black Thoroughbred
Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit

Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in Story Mode.

I wonder how big of a deal any of this is, considering the emphasis on wearing the right gear and riding the right horse as the game dictates it.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I went looking around for prices on guns in 1899 the other night to get a feel for the in game economy, what with playing cards for cents, gator eggs being a high risk item that net you $2.50 a pop, and a few interviews and previews stating the game will have real world period accurate prices for items. Closest I got was a Sears-Roebuck cataloge from 1902 that someone took pics of with their cell phone.

Pump shotguns for double the price of a double barrel

Various ammo prices

EXPLOSIVE AMMO CANNOT BE SENT BY MAIL

Hell of a jump in price from the first shotgun to these, holy crap:

A Sharps rifle for $3, yes please

Rockstar release the in game catalog so we can start window shopping already

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 9, 2018

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

How! posted:

Ah, just the rifle for cyclists!

Bicycle guns were a thing for a while and extremely radical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMbelqq1i5E

ZeusCannon posted:

Also that price jump on the shotgun makes sense for that brand

Yeah, especially once you start throwing damascus barrels on.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

I think all we know is that it'll be like GTA Online in style, but will remain grounded in reality (so no jet-powered horses or Hot Wheels cart racing tracks).

I just hope we can do everything Red Dead Online offers in invite only servers.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Funso Banjo posted:

You're doing the ultimate.

No HUD, no radar, no graphics, no sound.

Eat a bunch of random berries and flowers for your own personal RDR2 experience.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gay Horney posted:

anything to get me excited about this game if I know nothing about it and played RDR and thought it was just alright? I don't play a ton of Rockstar games I guess, trying to decide whether to wait for this or get rear end creed odyssey right now

Do you like RPGs? Cause this is shaping up to be one hell of an example of one.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Between Amazon Prime and Netflix there's a good selection right now. Netflix has Unforgiven, Silverado, Hateful 8, Slow West, and The Homesman. Amazon Prime has The Man with No Name trilogy, Hang 'Em High, 3:10 to Yuma, Magnificent 7, Stagecoach, etc.

The Salvation is pretty good too, though I'm a giant loving nerd for Mads Mikkelsen so I may be biased in this regard

chitoryu12 posted:

Do note that the director is a Nazi.

Aww what?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just hope the gun fights look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbmDpEhAp48

Spoilery as gently caress if you havent seen django unchained.

Dead eye level 5 with antagonize level 5 right here

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Macrame_God posted:

Pre-load for digital versions has begun bay-beeeee! I had to delete Yakuza 6 to make space for it though

I went and made a dang gif cause I'm too fuckin' hype

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tercio posted:

leaked gameplay

https://streamable.com/oiv92

it's short

holy gently caress the dude that caught the sawed off blast

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"What's yer business here?"

*BLAM* *BLAM*

way to deescalate the situation, guy!

Death is the ultimate deescalation

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Fool posted:

Weapons from the german guide:

Holy gently caress an 1887

where's my Sharps rifle though

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mexico had cool architecture and great ambient music, but drat near everyone was a huge rear end in a top hat and the stark white desert sand really baked my eyeballs after a while

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

lets hang out posted:

glad it sounds like they're doing the stat tracking again, it was great for gta 5

Yeah, some footage I saw earlier had little popups alerting the player that their stamina or dead eye level had increased.

I think it shows up in this video where the person playing goes on a bit of a rampage. Those first person beatings, holy poo poo

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

UrbicaMortis posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred...ly_deleted_the/

Click to see the frankly unnecessary amount of knife customisation available.

Guess that confirms the Sharps rifle didn't come back, or the LeMat The LeMat I can understand, what with the emphasis on realism and holy moly folks would get tired of reloading a nine shot cap and ball revolver really drat fast. Oh well, there's always DLC and hell yes lever action shotgun

Shoehead posted:

Can't wait to reload in the middle of a battle

Be sure to lube your chambers for exhilarating reload time!

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Im gonna be so friendly to everyone

hell yeah same

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jimbot posted:

It's mainly just how they reload. Everyone loves to reload their revolvers. Some may even pop a chubby while doing so, especially if it's the Cattleman and has Ocelot as a codename.

Broke: SAA reloads
Stoked: Merwin Hulbert vacuum locked cylinder reloads

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Daedalus1134 posted:

That is super cool.

Yep! There's all kinds of weird guns Rockstar could throw in for fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJXc4YTB6uo

This for example would use the same style of ammunition found in the Volcanic pistol. Which is to say pretty dang weak, but cool

And here's a folding pump action shotgun that has a little holster for storing under your jacket because gently caress it why not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvmGtLYwKA

attn Rockstar I will nerd out about guns for your video game in exchange for money

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Lord, have mercy!

BIG THICC

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bardeh posted:

Two hours of Xbone X gameplay. Apparently it's native 4k on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu1GH6sXMBw

E: the guy seems to be doing missions and quests so don't watch if you're sensitive to spoilers

That's how you skin a rabbit alright, drat.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sedisp posted:

Hwhich whone?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

This is God drat amazing.

New thread title: Red Dead Redemption 2: PRESS O TO LENNY

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

How do I use legendary pelts? I've got one on my horse and I'm at the trapper, but the only option is to sell it. I want to make cool clothes

Edit:

Ahh, you sell it so the trapper has it in his inventory, then you can have him make clothes.

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 26, 2018

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

8-Bit Dracula posted:

Why can't I buy most of the weapons at the gunsmith? Not far enough into the story?

You have to find them in the world for them to unlock in shops.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Qubee posted:

Named mine Daeonica, she's a beaut. Big burly warhorse that can tank shots (head not included) like it's nobodies business.

Next horse is gonna be a Black Arabian and I'm gonna name him Kethselhan. Sonic the Hedgehog of horses.

Really wish I kept that big black fucker of a horse at the start of the game, I'd have called him Stanchion or something. Anyone know where I'm getting these names from? I'm ridiculously unoriginal.

Those are pretty good names, though. So far I've got a Hecate and Artemis, need to find a horse fitting to be named Nyx and Frigg now

Calaveron posted:

So like split point ammo is superior to regular ammo and literally costs nothing to craft but time?

Seems that way, yeah. Enemies drop regular ammo often enough, no point in not sitting down at a camp and turning regular bullets into split points. Got to a new region last night and checked the fence, he's selling incendiary ammo recipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Anyone know if satchel effects stack like trinkets and talismans?