Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

If you donít do the epilogue you donít play the greatest mission in the game .

building the house to music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I like the idea of RD1 as different eras of westerns. The first act is your old black and white westerns. You are a good cowboy saving the girl and ranch. You help folks out and go after bandits when helping the local sheriff.

Mexico turns into the era of spaghetti westerns. You play both sides like in Fistful of Dollars and get to take part in young Eastwood style adventures with dubious morality involved.

Act three is modern westerns. Unforgiven comes to mind. Itís gritty and violent and no one really wins.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Iím a huge moron but how do you turn on defensive mode.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

If I purchased gold with real cash but decide I want to delete my character will I still have that gold? Is gold tied to your account or to your character?

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

You keep all your cash and gold; lose everything else

Once you finish the tutorial all your cash and gold appear

I hope so. My first character looks like a prostitute with leprosy. Iíve bought a outfit with gold and bought some gold when they had a nice $5 deal early on in beta. Would like to make a new character but would rather not see that money effectively disappear.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Just redid my character. Told me that my gold and money would be available again once I hit free roam, which indeed happened.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

So I see how ever time you rank up right now you get gold. Whatís the quickest way to level? Iím only rank 7 and just got into the free roam part of online.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Am I alone in that I never used pistols unless the game forced me to? My standard was the bolt action rifle in almost any circumstance other than close up, then thatís when the shotguns came out.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah the revolvers are for cool Clint Eastwood poo poo. Especially once you figure out that you can go into duel mode whenever you want

Whaaaaat?

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

The fact that Charles is not at the top of every list makes me sad.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Fojar38 posted:

The only thing keeping Charles out of S tier in my list is that unlike Uncle, he never shows his rear end

I cannot argue with this logic.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I didnít know I was disappointed as well until I saw that picture. They must also add the appropriate emotes.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I want to love trading but having my camp never spawn makes it awfully hard.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Itís amazing how playing with at least one other person makes online so much more fun. Jackassing around doing trader runs and bounty hunting is stupid fun.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I am a moron and cannot do the $$ bounties. I inspect the clues and follow the paths but I always get the message that the path is wrong and I must go to a past clue. Do some clues have multiple paths going off them?

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I cannot call my horse a good boy online. This is a negative for online.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Do saddle parts not transfer? I had bought hooded stirrups and a lantern for my old saddle, but later on I bought a much better saddle. I equipped the starter stirrup and un equipped the lantern from my old saddle but still cannot put them on my new saddle. Do you really have to buy stuff independently for each saddle? Online if it matters.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

If I have 10 of something does it just automatically give you a different item of the same type? A different coin than you would normally get?

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Is the outlaw pass 35 gold again?

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Emerald station is where it begins I think.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

In the trader role you can buy a weapon locker to store whatever weapons you want. Definitely worth the cash.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Honestly dailies add up. Make sure you do at least one every day to keep your streak going. After a while doing a daily will net you half a gold bar. Make sure you check out the role dailies as well. Some super easy ones there like lasso a bounty from horseback or be a fatty and eat three camp stews.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I notice when I start a bounty or bootlegger mission that I see dozens of animals all around me. If Iím not in a mission of sorts itís a barren wasteland.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Xbone for what itís worth for me.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I looked over that map and holy crap are there way more Easter eggs than I thought in single player.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Does killing the revenue agents during moonshine delivery missions up your moonshine exp? Iím wanting to say yes

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Bolt action, semi auto shotgun and colt navy. Between these three pretty much have everything else in my weapon locker.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I murder the agents every single time. As soon as I see their red zone I open fire.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I just leveled the trader through trade route events. Fill up the cart and deliver

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

When I started moonshiner the tax men waved me through on every single run. I found this boring and now open fire on every single roadblock I find.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Kill the bison then sell them in Mexico. Big money big prizes.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Played last night for a few hours on Xbone. Definitely noticed an increase in wildlife population.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Finally we will know the story of how his lumbago became the crippling problem it is today.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Does each location have its own band?

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

If itís online, buy the gun locker from the trader role. Place all your old poo poo guns in it and never look at them again.

If itís in single player I donít think so unfortunately.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I love the locker so much. When you have guns you will in no way ever use again, shove them in the locker and forget they exist.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

If you donít do the epilogue you miss out on the greatest mission in the entire game.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

But not as much as having a hammer and a nail.

This guy gets it.

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

Leave Uncle alone. His lumbago was getting real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Jul 31, 2003

I heard it was supposed to be St Louis but that never seemed right.