Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ah gently caress, an npc died during a mission and I wasn't paying attention to which button does what and I ended up restarting the whole mission. I wouldn't mind if you could skip the horse-riding parts before you actually get to mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

snickothemule posted:

We still have to assault the A button to run?

Globally illuminated horse genitalia may have to wait.

I think I saw an option in the controls menu that lets you change all the mash commands/prompts to hold.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

"Hey, a dog. I wonder if one of these buttons lets me pet it...
...nope, that one shoots it."

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Does anyone know why my brush horse option is greyed out and how to ungrey it?

Get it dirty.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Maybe you need to buy a horse brush at the store?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Shoehead posted:

Is there a massive black horse with no saddle at anyone else's camp? I think it's a pre-order bonus but I have to break him myself.

Also I found the volcanic pistol and some of the other items free in a catalogue. The only thing so far that I had by default was the clothes and maybe the money? Not sure but I started with about $200 with I promptly blew on making my cattleman look ridiculously good.

All I bought so far was the holster upgrade because apparently guns can wear down and break?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

How come I can’t buy a whore in the saloon?

You can buy a lady to wash your dick for fifty cents at the hotel.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DrNutt posted:

I am only a couple hours in but so far I feel like this game feels a little more mature than the last few GTAs or even the first RDR. I'm sure I'll run into some sort of Herbert moooooooon thing soon enough but for now it's pretty refreshingly restrained.

Oh there's stuff.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I hope online mode gives you a strong incentive to hunt, fish and generally explore. It was great early on when I had no money but ever since that bank robbery in chapter 3 I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Lord Hydronium posted:

That's why you murder the witnesses. And the witnesses that see you kill those witnesses. And the witnesses to that and oh look everyone in Valentine is dead how did that happen.

I discovered early on that hogtying someone eliminates them as a witness without any karma hit. One time I was poking around a camp site and when the owner came back and saw me I hogtied him and left him there, which is arguably worse than shooting him since there were lots of wolves in the area.

MNIMWA posted:

So I left camp up in Beaver Hollow and was almost immediately ambushed by the Murfree. They sent a flaming wagon at me and my horse bucked me off, so I ran back to saddle up again and the game told me that an enemy had followed me back to camp. Does this come up later? I've been back to camp a couple times since that happened and so far nothing has really come of it. I did immediately turn around and murder them all, so maybe it cancelled out?

That happened to me early on immediately after the "get drunk with Lenny" mission in chapter 2. I think it's just a thing that can happen sometimes like any other random encounter.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 18, 2018

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Zaa Boogie posted:

Got the stranger mission with the former slave catcher. The ending cutscene to it and then the positive honor ding for tossing a flame bottle at him while I was smoothly walking away was more positive message than a lot of Far Cry 5's waffling nature. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7HJUeskpt4

Also finding people trying to bust up a safe is always fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUrqywFblpY

I shot him in the head after I gave him his stuff back and he fell onto the camp fire. People burn reeeeal good in this game.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Boy this game gets so much better after the depressing hell march that is chapters 5 and 6.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hobo Clown posted:

Story DLC is likely not coming. Just pretend your RDRO character is Sadie or Uncle

I got a weird hunch that they're gonna re-make RDR1 as DLC.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pirate Jet posted:

So on top of the Varmint Rifle ammo issue I mentioned earlier, the game has decided that I can’t give Molly the pocket mirror I found because, in a body horror twist, she lives inside the wall of the chapter 4 manor.

Okay.

Jack was the only person in camp the game ever let me give the thing they wanted after I found it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

One time I loaded a game and I had no lantern and when I reloaded I had it and the electric lantern I thought I lost. :shrug:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aylHaIxelTk

Is there a better man than Charles in all of video games?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tertius Oculum posted:

Is there really no info for online yet? :psyduck:

Yeah hopefully the next thing we hear about it is "It's available NOW!" and not "It's delayed!"

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hobo Clown posted:

Lost all my varmint rifle ammo again last night. The first time it happened was after the (Ch. 3) kidnapped by O'Driscolls mission and the most recent time was after the (Ch. 4) riverboat heist mission. So for me at least, the problem seems to happen whenever your weapons are removed from you, which is what they have in common.

I've been closing the game between sessions instead of just going into sleep mode and that seems to solve problems like this. Glad I invested in that SSD so it doesn't take too long to load the game every time.

Diabetic posted:

Is anybody hyped up for the RDR online experience? Any inklings on how the create a character will work? I just wanna make sure I can make a fat rear end cowboy with jiggle belly physics for the ultimate Xbox One X experience.

I just hope there's a real economy and an incentive to earn money and hunt/gather materials. Let me buy property and build houses and poo poo on it.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 27, 2018

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

shut up blegum posted:

Speaking of love interests etc. Who is the (stranger mission spoilers) prostitute that you apparently know? The one with the sin working in the mine. He said I killed his dad. I don't remember any of this :confused:

Funny thing about that quest line: I did it before Chapter 6 officially began and the last scene before you get that title card is you running into her with a john in a manner that was probably meant to be seen before you do those missions. I'd hate to think I gave her all that money to take her son somewhere else only for her to immediately go back to turning tricks in Annesburg.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bardeh posted:

How long until launch day people can get in?

I keep hearing 8:30am pacific.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Looted over a hundred bucks from a treasure chest and got disconnected. Sure hope it's still there when I log back in.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Any reason to want good or bad karma in online? Do you get the discounts with good karma?

Bardeh posted:

Most of my online experience so far has been getting gunned down (and gunning down) people wandering around in the wilderness. I tried a large scale TDM but it only really confirmed that competitive multiplayer with R*'s clunky-rear end controls is never gonna be much fun. The missions seem fun though, with the choices at the end, and there's plenty to do all over the place.

I did some King of the Castle event which was just 30 people all killing eachother and all I had to show at the end was a few bucks and all of my repeater ammo gone.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Roman Reigns posted:

Oh these faces...these faces are rough

Lean into it. I made my guy a scraggly, paunchy 60 year old hobo named Flapjack Jim.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hobo Clown posted:

It's funny because it's almost an anti-bounty. No one hunts you, but since you're already at DEAD OR ALIVE you can't get more bounties added. I beat up a guy in St. Denis (it was that guy that mugs you if you follow him) and had a witness start running away. I couldn't catch him in time and he reached a lawman, and instead of chasing me or adding a bounty it just said MOVE ALONG in big letters and nothing happened. Chapter 6 Arthur is bound to the honor scale, Earth laws cannot touch him.

I've had that happen outside of that sort of area. I tied up that rear end in a top hat leaning on a wanted poster in Rhodes for the Mr. Black and Mr. White mission and the cop just told me to scram. It's nice that they let you off with a warning essentially so long as the guy you knock out or tie up goes hostile first.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

veni veni veni posted:

How did you know my Christian name?

It was gonna be Corncob Cole but apparently corncob doesn't pass the bad word filter.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It was like I was Charlie and they were my Angels.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

If anyone pre-ordered the game you can get both a free arabian horse and a dual-action revolver in online. The horse is at any stable with the other arabians on the menu and the gun is on any fence. The horse is especially useful because it's a direct upgrade from the awful ones you start with.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

rap music posted:

has anyone here tried any multiplayer stuff besides free roam or nah

The racing looks kinda neat. I'm trying to get a shotgun before I do much of the organized pvp stuff.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

rap music posted:

Server hopping is highly abusable

I use it as a form of fast travel. If I'm in New Austin and I wanna be in Lemoyne you can just select "Free Roam in Lemoyne" in the Online menu and it'll plop you there somewhere.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

These free roam pvp events would be a lot better if they split you into teams instead of it being completely free-for-all. I just did one where you need to grab a horse and take it somewhere but it never reached the destination so nobody got anything when it was done.
They also need to make it so you don't actually use your own ammo during the events. Sick of being out of rifle ammo. At least during the events it will spawn you with a minimum amount of ammo every time you die.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oxxidation posted:

disagree, the scene-setting for the final fight with Micah might be better if you go for the money but Arthur's sendoff if you stick with John has way more dramatic weight

just the rueful acceptance of his lot as Dutch can do nothing but catatonically slink away and Micah futilely curse and scream

"I tried. In the end...I did."

I'm not even really sure why Micah attacks Arthur on the mountain or what he and Dutch were doing up there in the first place. Did they need the key for the lockbox Arthur got from Abigail or something?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The money house is overrated. I probably make money faster killing birds north of Saint Denis. Herons are common and good ones drop 3 feathers worth $1.50 each and some of the less common birds have feathers worth over $2. A 3 star small croc is worth $10 between the parts and carcass so I usually grab one while I'm out along the coast.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Saved up enough for a pump shotgun and won a king of the castle match fairly handily. Fun fact about that mode: If you control the spot and you get incapacitated you will continue to accumulate points until you properly die. You can usually just lay there until you bleed out because everyone's too busy shooting other people to notice control hasn't changed hands yet. All I really need now is a lancaster repeater and a set of cold weather clothes and I think that'll count as "winning" RDO.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It really, really needs crafting.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

TulliusCicero posted:

So there actually is crafting. I found it by accident. You can build a bunch of the crazy stuff from pamphlets. You buy the pamphlets from fences. A lot of it is still there.

...but it is rank locked :negative:

I meant more like crafting stuff with animal pelts. Clothing, satchels, camp decorations, stuff like that.

Speaking of satchels is there any way to improve your satchel in online?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Why does hunting suddenly cause huge honor hits for me? I went from maximum honor to around 75% from shooting two ducks.

Maybe they were farm ducks? You get honor hits for killing farm animals.

Nechronic posted:

Wait poo poo they will give you a treasure map if you take them alive?

I only ever had that happen from that first gang camp you take out as part of the story. Every other time I spared them they say thanks and go away and you get bonus honor.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 2, 2018

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oxxidation posted:

arthur likes people who have no illusions about themselves

I don't think I ever saw Arthur happier than during the gallery scene with the french guy.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

veni veni veni posted:

It was a real stroke of genius making "get on horse" and "body slam a motherfucker" on the same button, and subsequently having "surrender" and "aim gun at the cops" also be the same button.

I remember when I first came upon that logging camp a tree fell on some dude and when I went to go help lift it the prompt instead made me grab the nearest dude and they all went hostile.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm going to make a RDRO character named Gavin and ask everyone if they've seen my friend

That would be fun if the game had proximity voice and you could actually see character names instead of the player's account name. Otherwise you're just some dork named GokuSSJ4XxX doing a bit in server chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ainsley McTree posted:

The only thing about the epilogue that confuses me, and maybe it’s addressed in-game and I missed it, is that you spend the whole game avoiding a persistent dead-or-alive bounty for your gang in blackwater, then suddenly in the epilogue John just strolls into city hall and takes out a home loan and builds a ranch a minute outside town? Maybe enough time passed before the epilogue that the statute of limitations kicked in or something I dunno. I get that John takes pains to use a fake name (mostly) but still, you’d think blackwater would be the one place he’d wanna stay the hell away from if he wanted to put down roots and build a new life

Because it's a prequel and the first game needs to happen.