Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

DLC Inc posted:

it's amazing how people can be mad at average reviews for a game that is still going to end up being the best reviewed game of 2018. It's at 97 on OpenCritic, nothing is going to touch that.

Could have been a 98 you see, gets me mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Not having much luck with the app. My social club account is all linked up to my Xbox account but when I sign in on the app it says I need to connect to the Xbox, when I click connect to Xbox it signs me out then says I need to sign in.

Is it just me?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Sulphagnist posted:

Anyway, where and when is the first time you can get a game of poker going? There seems to be a surprising amount of side activities in my texas hold'em simulator before I get to the meat of it.

In the camp when you finish the snow mountains tutorial. There also a poker table in the saloon near the camp, but every time I go into the saloon I end up in a fist fight.

Each character seems to have their own style and maybe even tells. Also some side quests will unlock through the conversations you have while playing poker with your buds.

This game also let's you do something the former GOAT BOTW didn't let you do: pet the drat dogs!

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

canepazzo posted:

The companion app owns but it overheated my phone. Is it any better on a tablet? (other than the visibility)

Thank God it's not just me so hopefully it'll be fixed, it's drains the battery like a motherfucker even when in the background.

Also embrace death, Jesus Christ. All you seem to lose is 5% of your wallet (and probably crap on the back of your horse and even the horse itself if you manage the get the dumb gently caress killed)

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 28, 2018

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Some guy was rowing past the second camp and I thought it was Lemmy, so I swam over and it wasn't Lemmy. He wasn't happy I was on his boat and went insta red and caused insta 'death' because the game considered this bringing enemies to camp.

Could have given me a chance to deal with this one guy before faded out to black as the last thing before it did go black was me kicking him into the gas lamp on the boat and setting him and the boat ablaze.

Still 12/10 tho

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
To these people who say they can't get out of the back door at the drug store. I used a stick of dynamite and it worked.

Didn't help tho as cops came flooding in as it didn't pay attention to where they were.

Edit: how are you all getting plus $500 bounties? Mine caps at $500.

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 29, 2018

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Qubee posted:

how? did you walk up to the door with dynamite in hand and get given a prompt or? cause I threw a bunch of dynamite all around the door and it didn't work.

I just threw it near the door and tried to get back ASAP (but got stuck on furniture and was sent flying but didn't die).

Maybe I'm misremembering, I now recall a second door behind the door which in hindsight probably means the door didn't blow up at all and I'm a loving tool.

Two cops did seem to spawn in shortly after, but perhaps they came in the front and positioned themselves whilst I was sent flying.

On another note, I'm enjoying rooftop parkour in Saint Denis.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

VanillaGorilla posted:

Just FYI, pretty sure that’s for RDR 1, not RDR 2.

Considering it was posted over 2000 days ago ...

I don't think enough irl time has passed for even the most poopsockiest of poopsockers to write up a 100% guide for this game.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Swear the God the blackjack is fixed in this game

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
The grizzly adams man to whom we've all stole the hat from is perma pissed off with me. Went back to Valentine later on and he immediately chases after me, sans his hat, and attempts to beat the poo poo out of me.

I was wearing his hat at the time which may have triggered him.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Junkenstein posted:

Yeah, all scripted. The random events they put into GTA V and this are great, but you'll only see them once. The move away from repeatable randomised tasks like bounty hunting kinda sucks.

Maybe they'll be in Online (urgh).

I've had the snake bite guy twice now (different npc of course). Second time he let me buy anything from the general store on his tab, so obviously I bought the most expensive outfit.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Hot Diggity! posted:

I got the raccoon hat I will never wear a different hat

He wants the hat back

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Hobo Clown posted:

Every time I try to interact with that rear end in a top hat my Greet/Antagonize options are greyed out.

Think you have to wait until he's finished spouting his bullshit

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Has anyone seen Gavin?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Baron posted:

It does recover, faster the more full your core is. It's pretty easy to burn both out though if you spam it. Then again, it's also easy to slam some gin and some chew and get it right back.

There comes a point, if you get no sleep for ages, that the meter (not the core) refuses to refill at all. Simply fixed by getting 40 winks.

Also I was able to enjoy GTA Online without buying a single Sharkcard.

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 1, 2018

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I did at first think you were all whining too much about the bounty system as you're meant to be an outlaw and the law isn't always fair. Plus I enjoy the constant 'danger' of being hunted.

But now I've started hunting for pelts it's pissing me off 😀

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Just performance as far as I can recall.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
The bounty hunters can go gently caress themselves. Getting sight of a legendary animal and then blip, no can't see it now as bounty hunters are on their way, isn't a fun mechanic.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

DarthBlingBling posted:

The bounty hunters can go gently caress themselves. Getting sight of a legendary animal and then blip, no can't see it now as bounty hunters are on their way, isn't a fun mechanic.

Well it seems it not only spooked the animal it spooked it to death. I somehow have the skin but didn't kill it.

Guess it's forever stuck at 66%. Hope it means I still get the outfits...

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I don't mind the bounties and the hunters, just ain't fun when they lock you out of a trophy kill just because they're in the area

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

PantsBandit posted:

So with the Saint Denis Gunsmith and his back-room am I going to completely screw myself out of ever using that shop again if I rob the gambling den? I figured if I changed clothes, got a haircut, and wore a mask I might be able to do it without burning any bridges. But this game is so finnicky about whether or not people recognize you I'm just not sure.

Rob anyone and they just come back later. A bit pissed off, but still happy to serve.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
So the gambler 8 challenge is win blackjack 3 times with 3 hits or more.

The chances of winning with 5 cards just once is apparently 1.46%

Guess I'm never seeing gambler 9 or 10

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

rap music posted:

eh i don't think this game follows strictly randomized outcomes for gambling

it will likely give you a few opportunities to do this

So far I will have to disagree...

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

TMMadman posted:

See this is one of the challenges where all the extra animations are annoying. It takes longer to play blackjack in the game than it does in reality.

However, you can actually count cards here because you are only playing single deck blackjack.

Is this based on anything or are you judging it by the physical size of the stack the dealer is holding?

Sat here mashing A because it's only 2c a game. I'll let you know when I get my first 5 card game.

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 2, 2018

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Took about 40 games, so beating the odds so far :dance:

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Hugh Malone posted:

I figured it would work eventually, and that the games are not all RNG or w/e, because I'm way too good at poker in this game for it not to be rigged somehow

2.5% isn't that far away from 1.46%, plus there are other players.

Pretty sure its just rng, based on a standard deck and you're good a pokems

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I won one game out of 40 with 5 cards.

Also I love it when John plays.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you’ve played rdr1, you know john’s not above cheating

On that note, can you cheat at cards in this game? That’s something I really liked from the first one.

I don’t come down to where you work and slap the aces out of your sleeve

No cheating, only slow rear end animations and blackjack doesn't let you skip like the other games of chance

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

TMMadman posted:

You got twenty! That's almost blackjack!

Almost blackjack with a twennie!

Hit me

Bust

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I do that but then one guy is always rude back to me to which events then unfold which result in me getting ran out of town again

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Yes donkeys are in the game

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I like running around the rooftops of Saint Denis, trying to get to places you shouldn't.

Finally got gambler 8 challenge done. Took about as long as expected considering the odds

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Lugubrious posted:

Facial hair length is locked by story progression for some reason. I had to get to Chapter 4 before I could grow it past 7. Hair can reach the max at any time, though (I think).

I've got to level 8 and still sat in chapter 4 using a bottle of hair tonic. It's not locked to story progression.

When you use a bottle the effect lasts for ages. During this time your hair will grow faster and when the effects finally wear off (I'm talking hours upon hours) you'll get a notification that says as such and your beard will have grown by a level.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Ainsley McTree posted:

What is the drawback of wearing a mask? Last night I decided I'd just keep the mask on at all times in between towns and rob every passerby I saw, and it seemed to work out just fine. It seems like if you're even going to accidentally consider committing a crime, you might as well just be wearing the mask so you don't get unlucky and pick up a bounty.

Is there some reason NOT to wear the mask that I'm not aware of? Like will the law chase you on sight if they see you wearing it or something?

You'd be known as the masked man and would have to take the mask off as your disguise

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

gently caress Whitey posted:

It's a good thing my friend Benghazi 2 browses the forums on the app where titles are hidden by default

Eat poo poo pissbabies

A cat is sent to prison?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

super macho dude posted:

Found a cabin with an old lady in it who told me go in the basement and drop off the supplies she mistakenly thought I had. She had a lockbox with a Semi-Auto shotgun in it. I stole it and started to leave and she recognized that I wasn't the delivery man, so the crabby ol' bitch gets up and says she's going to get her sons to put me in my place.

When you draw your gun on her to stop, she basically tells you to go gently caress yourself and she's not scared. Tough old bird. I didn't want to shoot her or her sons, so I tried to knock her out with a punch. Not only does she not get knocked out, but she gets up and asks if that's all you got and continues to walk off. Another couple punches and she finally goes down.

Probably one of my Arthur's darkest lowest moments, but hey, free awesome shotgun.

If you go back her sons are waiting for you.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

lets hang out posted:

this win 3 consecutive games of dominos challenge is loving awful holy poo poo. games are 20+ minutes each and naturally your progress isn't retained if you stand up and save between games

That one is easy, it's the one before it that's a ball ache

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
5 or 3 thingy dominos has an element of skill to it and so far I've not lost a game. I actually found it quite enjoyable.

The other one is mainly luck, but quicker to play.

No idea how you can say this is more bullshit than having to do 5 card blackjack, that has odds of 1.46%, happening three times.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
The loudmouth NPC in the Saint Denis saloon bar freaked out because I looked at her. In pour the cops so I thought I'd see how long I can survive the wave and hid behind the bar.

Ended up killing so many cops that the game began to slow to single digit fps and eventually crashed.

They never stop spawning!

World is a gently caress. Not shown is the mountain of bodies to the left of me which actually blocked me in, couldn't jump the bar either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
They regain conciousness after a few mins. They usually just stumble off and won't report you.

But to be safe you know what needs to be done.