Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
online had better allow you to be a mustachioed fat man with a sombrero riding a tiny donkey again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

titties posted:

So should I take a pto day so I can go to the midnight release and then play all day friday and all weekend or should I just quit my job and play forever

quit now so you are ready ahead of time

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Wtf no online gambling?

That’s like a Wild West with no whiskey, unthinkable

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ainsley McTree posted:

RDR2 seems to exist in a poncholess reality. Probably its only flaw

there are no ponchos in game? is everyone naked in mexico???

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 28, 2018

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What’s the burro/donkey status online?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
do dudes in town sell a wider variety of guns in online? The catalogue only has like 4-6 of each type which seemed farty

im not far in single player so I guess that’s just how the whole game is

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
if they added character voice packs that you had to buy with real money I would pay for big dollars for the Deadwood set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4D3UdxM3OU

online is really missing something without the GTA radio, and unless you are fighting NPCs nobody is talking any poo poo

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
are there general rules for when you show up in the mini map in series modes? i know in the BR bow&arrow mode it shows you when you stay still, but what about in the other modes? i can't tell if its when you shoot/sprint/what

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
If you didn't select HP+ when you created your online character, or you just want to boost it up a bit, the best way right now is in race series. You can usually find 1 person afk at the start and you can just beat them from atop your horse the entire race, probably killing them 20-30 times before it ends. Those melee beatings level up HP.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
If anyone has been avoiding doing the Race series on Online because horse racing sounds boring, give it a shot. I didn't think they would be fun compared to racing in GTAO. But the wipeouts and ragdolls are pretty entertaining. Sometimes people go down like a pack of cyclists when just one person gets beat off their horse. They should add crowbars or 2x4s that you could bash people with too.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

HORMELCHILI posted:

This is a horrible idea as you can lose your lure to a fish and you get no gold from fishing

lost my gold lure this way because I suck at fishing, cowboy life is tough i suppose. lose gold lures, $300 cans of beans, die instantly from pinpoint accurate auto-aim headshots, ect

good thing it’s all strangely contrasted by having death be completely meaningless as you respawn in 5 seconds 50 feet away

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
hope the patch comes soon, the race modes (much better than the 20fps shooting in town modes) now always take 15 minutes to finish because >50% of the lobby is afk farming

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Moridin920 posted:

- It's dumb that people respawn right fuckin' next to you

- It's dumb that there's some lag thing going on where people are invisible but still able to shoot and kill you

I don’t think it’s lag it’s a spawn protection. Dumb as hell when they can spawn right next you

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Krinkle posted:

A fella was making outlandish claims that he was the mayor of saint denis and if you had a problem with that your fists could do the talking down at the saloon. And Big Mae Suggins says no sir you ain't the mayor. Ain't got no tophat or nothing. Big Mae calls you a liar. He says Big Mae can have the first swing.

I press the punch button and then the block button as this helped a lot in single player. Instead of a haymaker, a prissy two handed shove comes out. And instead of blocking, he grabbed me and executed me with his fist. I had 9 health, full health, and a gold heart core, and he punched me to death with one punch. What the gently caress do words even mean anymore.

Is there a card that lets you execute people with one punch? What the gently caress is even the point of having a brawl system if a full health level 9 health lady can be punched to death by one punch.

I never loving won a brawl with one punch in single player. Why the gently caress would I eat it after one punch in multiplayer?

Is there a way to do missions, or help people do missions, that you've already done? or are you just bailing out and never completing it so that you can rank up faster?

Yea you can go into a queue for being on call for story missions. It’s in the online menu when you press left on the dpad.

In true rockstar menu fashion, that particular menu is very similar but slightly different than the Online menu that you get from pressing options.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

freebooter posted:

Someone help me out here: my girlfriend has a user account on my PS4 but when she went to try to start Red Dead today it said my account held the only license. I thought this might have been because it's a download and not a disc, but she played Uncharted 4 just fine on her account and that was also a download. What gives?

She could just start a new game in my account but the game seems kind of unclear as to whether you can have two different saves running at once? Like, if you fire it up from the main screen it takes you directly into my save.

Sounds like maybe your other user account still signed in on the same PS4? It's pretty easy to leave multiple accounts signed in at once on the same machine.

Completely restart the PS4 and it should work fine.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

client posted:

you don't have to worry about getting sniped because online is so loving broken that you'll constantly crash to the main menu before reaching anyone

really? on PS4 poor I've had zero disconnects (outside of launch week) and no crashes. It's infinitely more stable than GTA Online for sure, loading and getting into playlists/mission lobbies are much improved too.

maybe work on setting your router to dmz or opening the ports for the game? dunno why you are having such bad luck

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
just add free aim lobbies already

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Sax Solo posted:

What if they switched it to free aim and gun fights still weren't any fun.

Then they should keep aim assist but only have it aim in the general direction. Then as you fire more and more the aim gets closer and closer.

gun fights would be much cooler if everyone was slinging lead all over the drat place

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 9, 2019

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Hobo Clown posted:

"Defensive Playing Style" sounds interesting but like... just add passive mode. They're way over complicating this.

It’s an incredibly strange way to implement free aim mode. Although maybe without lock on you could run melee builds in defensive mode

everyone should be able to be lassoed though wtf is that

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Looks like poker games are instanced out of the main world???

wtf how will you be able to get drunk while playing, accuse people of cheating, get caught cheating yourself, then get into a bar fight or a duel, all over a dispute in poker

i feel like that is 50% of life as a cowboy

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

sexpig by night posted:

yea my only disappointment so far has been finding that poker is A) very low stakes, and B) can't have cheating and gunning down anyone who catches me. How can I even be a cowboy if I don't shoot a man in the back over a matter of 80 dollars

best part of red dead online is killing 35 men and robbing them for $0.20 each, just to afford one can of beans

life is tough boys, sorry, but I need them beans

worst part about RDO is how quiet it is, which is incredibly stark when contrasted to all the amazing dialogue between characters in the single player. They need to have player characters say random poo poo like Arthur, life without ‘good boy’ for your horse is a terrible curse

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Wait...Rockstar has a rake in online poker games for your fake money with other players? I mean I assume you can spend real cash money for fake RDR bux but seriously?

well yea the fact that you can spend real money to buy rdr bucks is the entire reason why they added a rake I’m sure

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Aster0ids posted:

I havent played consoles since basically SNES. Trying to get a grip with this game's FPS controls. Is there a setting usually run by good console players as to sensitivity? Im experimenting, right now i got it to like 3/4s looking sensitivity, and like a little less than half with aiming sens.

You have deadzone settings already turned down to zero right? That is probably the most important change to make, the other sensitivities are really up to you. Only tried first person for a brief time, it felt way to floaty, so I went back to third person.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

ICMB posted:

Are you able to use multiple specialties for a single character? Not all at once, I expect, but changing like with the card equipping?

Pretty sure they have said picking one won’t lock you out of the others, and that you level each one up separately. Not sure what the exact mechanism is to switch between them is.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Do free aim lobbies exist on console?

Or are console lobbies always mixed?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What’s the current status on camps bugging out and wildlife not spawning?

Still hosed?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Peacoffee posted:

Every time i see people post about RDO it makes me think that if im still having fun in single player, that i should just stay there as long as i can.

That is correct. Online is so stupid because it has amazing potential, but it's constantly undermined by their terrible network issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

hakimashou posted:

So how's the RDR Online for this, any fun?

Its ok to mix in playing some RDO while playing the single player as it lets you fart around in the world more in a different way, horse rally racing can be fun with kicking people and the body physics

but RDO is buggy as gently caress and doesn't really stand on its own, the disconnects the loading times, its all pretty hosed. its not a multiplayer game where you get your buds all on together and play, because with four people at least one will be constantly hosed with some kind of issue

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 2, 2020