Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

Who would else I speak for? The iguana is not bad at all, I got that done in about 5 minutes once I figured out where to go. The badger on the other hand is a loving nightmare, took me 2-3 hours.

Speak for yourself is a turn of phrase you autist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like that you can sneak into new Austin after rescuing Jack. I’m enjoying Arthur having a little holiday hunting pelts and picking herbs before the inevitable shitstorm.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Online is quite bad. I just did the opening mission and then tried to do a stranger mission which didn't have any waypoints or instructions and then another which didnt do anything when I tried to hand in the reward. Whats the point. I also had my first encounter with red dot people in free roam who I assume are griefers. They kamikazed into my horse, surrounded me and started shooting. I just stood on the spot and auto aim head shotted all three of them and quit to story mode.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only challenge you can’t complete is herbalist. I did the horse ones by just smashing tonics, including taming the horse that only spawns outside Blackwater.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

The most fun of which is the one where replaying the graveyard mission in San Denis to completion makes all of the usual Blackwater death patrols vanish until you reload or die. So it's possible to go all the way to Austin at any point past that mission.

They patched that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

webmeister posted:

With deer, they’re super skittish so make sure you approach quietly - crouch and walk slowly so your minimap arrow turns grey instead of the usual white. Line up your shot, press Call then hit Deadeye. You should be able to get a headshot pretty reliably with a bit of practice.

A later deadeye upgrade will highlight instakill zones (head and heart), so you can aim for the heart if you want as that won’t move as much.

That’s not actually a deadeye upgrade, its from fully studying a particular animal. You might see those spots on a deer but a moose you’ve seen for the first time will still be greyed out.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ebola Dog posted:

You should definitely check out the back of the doctors in Valentine then.

Look through the back window, then you can go round the front of the shop and hold up the doctor (bandana on, aim gun at him) and choose the option to rob the back room. There is a Schofield revolver in a box on the table.

Just curious: what is the point of these kinds of unsolicited tips? You’re basically spoiling something cool that they could discover organically for what??? Those kinds of things were the best things to find in the game on your own.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is it normal for this game to crash a million times online? It’s driving me bananas.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sorry for newb questions: I have two dailies left for today. One is kill three npcs with a maxim gun and the other is follow a dog to something interesting. Where the hell are maxim guns and dogs...I’ve been riding around like an idiot for half a day.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for the tips. I guess while I’m new I just have to accept I can’t complete some daily challenges. I had one yesterday for fishing but I couldn’t even buy a fishing rod yet.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

pmchem posted:

If anyone wants easy bounty hunter xp, I've been ranking up the past two days using Etta Doyle with this guy's method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLmY7Y4gQE

Super easy. No shots fired, about 6 minutes of paying attention, then 25 minutes of AFK / alt-tab, then turn-in. Rinse, repeat after 48-minute cooldown period. At 5-star solo with level 75 outlaw pass, it's $225 and 1875 BH xp per run. That's nearly 1 BH rank per run. This is how I'm maxing out BH.

I already have a job.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What should a relatively new player prioritise buying for online? I’m around level 18 and I’ve unlocked trader and collector. Also I’ve bought a bolt action, fishing rod, bow, varmint rifle, the trader specific saddle and horse, and the outlaw pass. Any specific weapons or upgrades that are just better than others? I’m thinking about getting a new sidearm and the next trader wagon when it unlocks. What about weapon upgrades?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

Apparently animals aren’t spawning when the server you’re in has 14+ people in it (PS4)

no animals no play

I’m gonna call horseshit. I’m on ps4 and my lobbies are usually 22 people and I’ve never had much trouble with animals spawning. Not saying it’s not happening to people but it’s not true that 14 people means no animals for everyone.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don’t know about losing your mount in other games, but I kind of liked the one or two occasions that you were separated from your horse because of a mission. For the Lenny one it puts you within walking distance of Reverend Swanson’s poker mission if you haven’t done it. Otherwise it kind of fun to try something different in a game that’s about verisimilitude. You’re never actually that far from a solution that fits within the game world and it happens literally twice across a 50+ hour game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

So the game really did bug out and my white Arabian was replaced with a slovenly Tennessee Walker, so I downloaded a trainer and now I have a white Arabian again. It's a male this time though. Hearing "atta boy" when I'm talking to my horse after all those hours hearing otherwise is weird. I miss my old horse. :/

Single player? Just go back and get it from lake Isabella. It’s always female.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When did this thread become a twitter feed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man the disconnects in this game for me are out of control recently. I feel like I’m either in an empty boring lovely world or suddenly there are animals and trains and oh whoops, disconnected.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Transmogrifier posted:

I have to contend with constant disconnects if I'm using my normal wireless router so I play on a mobile hotspot. I haven't tried it but some people have said directly connecting to the router via Ethernet cable has solved those problems for them.

That makes good sense but I’m already plugged in.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m getting the infamous 0x20010006 all the time now. Game doesn’t even load me into the world which is frustrating because I bought a year of ps+ just to play it. Is there any fix for this horrible bullshit?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can actually play and there were animals around my camp! But my moonshine house was gone. Is that a net win?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Animal spawns seem better for me after the latest patch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It’s definitely been better for me animal-wise this week. I can’t leave my camp without falling over a bunch of game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zesty posted:

I hid it in the "weather in redemption 2" page.

I was wondering why that wiki is devoid of useful information. It doesn't have a list of ability cards, for example. Now I know. I might shop around for a decent wiki.

I believe small game arrows and aim for the head. As someone else mentioned, go get the Legendary Buck trinket. I believe the Legendary Buck is the one west of Strawberry around the Cougar spawn point. Across the street from the Trapper.

If you're really into getting 100% and seeing all the content, it's totally worth getting all the Legendary Animal trinkets early on. I did it in Chapter 3.

I think this is one of the games where the wiki is absolutely useless because of dweebs like that. I usually use a combination of reddit and google to find useful poo poo. Pretty sure I've seen a similar clothing warmth guide on a reddit post.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually I think there are big and small versions of a couple of fish breeds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Honestly the outlaw pass and to a lesser extent the criminal Enterprise starter pack for GTAO are probably the best things to spend your actual money on. The values for gold bars are marginally okay but I have a hunch that eventually price inflation will do the same thing to the RDO economy as it did to the GTAO economy. The shark cards are so laughably bad at this point and desperately need a rebalance pass based on the current economy, but it'll never happen because the whales keep rockstar happy.

e: It's worth noting that the Outlaw Pass will give you back your forty gold bars in a couple weeks of moderate play, and after a few more weeks of doing daily challenges after that I'm sitting on like 60+ of the drat things. Can't wait for the next outlaw pass tbh

You can gather gold bars so quickly if you play lightly. When I first came back to online at the end of December (hadn't played since launch) I had 40 because I guess they gave them out or something. I bought the outlaw pass immediately and with the first ten I got back I bought the discounted trader role, then collector, then bounty hunter and then finally the discounted moonshiner and that's with playing a tiny amount a day to keep my streak going. I still have 60 bars. I wish I could buy the old outlaw pass, just to keep my interest up. I'd pay 50 for it too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There is also an option to set what tools you own so things you can't collect don't show up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I thought that Jack Marston stuff was proven to just be an npc that sounds like him.

Also these was a patch that was supposed to have done something about animal spawns. Rode my horse across the map and didn’t see a single animal. Great job.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Van Horn doesn’t have lawmen and the residents don’t report crimes. When they saw you looting the body it’s that triggered their version of the law which is everyone going ham on your rear end.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You can't mercy kill online and it is so dumb. If it's one star or a resupply mission animal I just stomp it to death.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Repo Man posted:

I just run up to the animal with my knife out, look at it, and press attack. One stab is enough to kill a bleeding out animal in one hit without losing honor.

Doesn’t that lower pelt quality?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sometimes when I’m in defensive mode players will do things like shoot animals I’m hunting to ruin the pelt or shoot fish I’m reeling in. Otherwise I’ve had players follow me around and run me over with their horse while I’m minding my own business.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oberst posted:

The next time someone dynamite arrows your large delivery and rides off please think of me

The danger is what makes the game fun. My entirely goon posse goes out of our way to antagonize people during missions so it's more exciting

Being a Proud Goon online dipshit is very 2007. Grow up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Get over it, it's a video game. Your wagon doesnt mean poo poo, stop getting mad when people blow it up.

Sorry you can't stroke your autism by spending hours at a time calmly coaxing a wagon between towns with zero danger so your numbers go up.

You sound stable. How about you tone down the ableism and hug your mother?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zesty posted:

We get it. Your gimmick is toxic contrarian.

Settle down about the video game horses, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The horses very definitely behave differently. You're the only person I've encountered who says otherwise.