Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
sorry if this has been answered nine times here, but:

I am having a "CPU pegs to 100% and freezes game for 1-3 seconds every 1-3 minutes" issue. I messed with Process Lasso based on some reddit thread, which did not make a difference.

Any help? I have a core-i5 6500 @ 3.2ghz, so not the newest processor in the world but certainly above spec, also have a GTX1080 and the game looks and runs fine, when it's not glitching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Gasoline posted:

Set affinity to 2 cores. Process Lasso didn't do anything for me but that works a treat.

Thanks, I will mess with this and BES.

It was a little disheartening to, having not googled this at all, get stoned last night, sit down, and then just be instafucked on performance and see a ton of depressing things on google.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

ended up having to refund the game

what is the timeframe to do this in and how do i do it

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Just an update from me: BES has solved my problems enough that the game is quite playable, at least until I get hosed by some other bug. It is a unique and neat enough thing that I am not going to try to return it.

This is the first thing I've tried to play which has shown the cracks in my aged i5-6500 (gtx 1080 picks up some slack, but at some point I am CPU bound) so this spring I'll probably do a new mobo/ram/proc.

I am at the point where I still enjoy meticulously picking out parts, but my aging hands and eyes no longer find any joy in wiring up loving front panel lights and poo poo and basically if I can find some 21 year old kid around here who will come do it for a 12 pack and a half ounce of weed, done deal. (technically, under state law, the beer would have to be the payment and the pot would have to be an unsolicited tip for which I received no services or renumeration ;) )