Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or I’m an issue but I’m having a weird time with some of the special weapons.

There was an early mission with wolves and a shotgun where R2 simply would not do anything on PS4. I got eaten by wolves a lot.

Then later when you first use the lasso it worked perfectly the first time, but I had to do the mission again because I dumped the captive in a campfire for giggles. After that, no matter what I did I could not make the lasso work despite the onscreen prompt telling me to press R2

All other gunplay has been fine. Anyone with a similar issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

shortspecialbus posted:

It's the weird lock-on thing. Basically you hold R2 and as soon as your crosshair crosses the wolf it will automatically fire. It's rear end backwards until you get used to it. Same goes for Lasso. There's a control option about it you can toggle. See This link for some more info.

That is weird. Thanks.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

Is there a specific event that lets you begin upgrading your camp? I’ve filled the lockbox and apparently there’s a ledger somewhere but I can’t find it.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

Bardeh posted:

Do the first moneylending quest for Leopold and it unlocks the upgrades.

Thanks. Would you believe not one guide has mentioned that fact?

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

So I finally figured out why the game has been so hard for me. Shotguns have been Slater at best, lassos don’t work and I straight up cannot dual.

I thought it was some kind of obtuse controls, or maybe I was just dumb as hell (possible), but I finally tested my DS4 only to find that it’s only registering about 70% of a button press, so the game never registers a ‘full’ press ever.

No wonder it has been so difficult.