Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Is there a known fix for the activation error? Friend and I got the game and it works fine for me, but despite uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting folders and recreating his profile he can't get it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Goddamn I accidentally clicked on a color in the catalog and blew $90 on a dumb hat.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I got the 5 gold off of bounty hunter at level 10 when it should have come at 20, I think.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I dunno, it's a very very slow poker simulator for me.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Sleekly posted:

you get that back, at least what you keep of it. its very low stakes hands. the most I think is $1.20 per player per hand. something like that. biggest pots I've seen are maybe $7 to $8 bucks.

its also very slow. players coming and going add time too. you'll never get rich off it but its ok to do while cooking moonshine or something.

I think the max bet is $5 a game. Most people do low stakes betting, but occasionally you get someone rolling in betting $5 each time.

It lacks chat, and the animations for the dealing are so drat slow. It's not a moneymaker, but if you're watching TV or something it's fine as a distraction in the background.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Challenged to my first feud today and won 5-1. Scoped repeater ftw.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I've been grinding the last few weeks like mad to get to 40 gold. Tonight I'll get my 14 day streak, but I'm only around level 22ish for the outlaw pass stuff and it ends in a couple days. I think I'm okay with that- whatever I get, I get, and if I keep the streak going then I'll have enough gold for whatever I want in the future.

Some of the challenges are ridiculous though... I haven't yet been able to do all 7 of the daily challenges.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

skooma512 posted:

:rip: It was a slog for me and I had a full streak. How much gold do you have?

Reminder, treasure maps and bounties also pay gold. It may not be much but it may get you over the hump, and you get gold back from the outlaw pass.

Though if it's a wide gap, you're sadly not likely to make it realistically. Grinding is just going to make you hate the game. The outlaw pass stuff isn't really that amazing anyway. It's fine to just let it go.

I have 38 gold and rewards level 25 as of tonight. If I make it, I'm good. If not, that's fine too.

I have skipped the hardest grindiest stuff and focused on what was realistic to do.

I think one of the worst parts of online is that there doesn't seem to be much downside to starting a new free roam session versus fast travel, especially if you can sell skins. But the load times are really annoying.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Dick Jones posted:

Also, has anyone run into the glitch where general daily challenge list doesn't update at the 7PM EST changeover? The role challenges all do, but the general challenge list stays the same until I restart the game.

I go back to the online menu and load one of the free roam options or camp and it figures itself out.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

their real crime is having a uniform in a game where playing dress up is like 90% of the fun

And 90% of the point, really.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I mean I realize you guys are mocking the poo poo out of that video, but those guys are having so much more fun playing this game than you. You may not agree with that statement but the video I posted made it pretty clear that these people are having a great time. The whole video is worth watching, I honestly didn't post it with the intent of making fun of it, I thought it was interesting.

I mean, make your own fun in whatever you play. Lord knows all the jihad jeeps and b-17 wing dancing I partook in in battlefield 1942.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

dangling pointer posted:

It’s for the best imo. You masochists that kept streaks going for months on end to hoard gold like Smaug when there isn’t even that much to spend it on can can find a healthier alternative - like slamming your finger in a car door daily.

But seriously, that is kind of lovely. At the same time though they can’t actually think the people who religiously kept their streak going are going to start spending real money on gold. They don’t add content to the game to spend gold on. You can only play dress up for so long in a game that gives you gives you no content to do in your fancy clothes. I don’t see why it matters if some players like to make number go up.

Although I say this as someone who never managed to even get a 28 day streak.

I did that grind to get the last outlaw pass and...never again.

I can't imagine what they could add that wouldn't be cosmetic? A house that you're never going to go to?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Oberst posted:

Hahaha gently caress you rock star

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

fennesz posted:

GTAO people. Trouble is, they're still playing GTAO.

In all seriousness how and the ever loving gently caress aren't heists a thing yet? Just let me blow up a bank and rob it. How has it been YEARS and they continually miss the biggest slam dunk possible? Goddamnit.

It's so ridiculous that they've ignored everything that the genre is known for.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
What's insane to me is that there's all this focus on cosmetics, but only one character slot/physical model. And then they make it expensive to change that, and your character never looks the same in the wild as in the creator.

In conclusion, gently caress Rockstar.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

apropos man posted:

Stupid question: is the only sane way of getting a bounty hunter license (even the base one) to part with real-world money and buy one of those gold bar packs?

I've played about 10 hours in free-roam and only have a pathetic 1.79 bars of gold.

Edit: about 5 hours of my initial play was just grinding to get a permanent horse. Oh how nice it felt to not rely on the Scrawny Nag anymore!

I did the daily challenge grind for the last outlaw pack from the dailies. It's really lame that they reset the streak at 28 days, but by the time you get there you should have well over 15 gold. You can also play in events to earn gold, though it's miniscule. Just pay attention to any weekly bonuses that they have- that sometimes makes it worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I haven't played in weeks and yet this game was such a pain in the rear end to download that I am loathe to uninstall it.