Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Fart City posted:

Is there a way to effectively level up stamina? The bow is a lot of fun to use, but I can only use it for like five shots in combat before I have zero core.

Just run around. I’m at level 8 and still in the first down. Bow builds strength and health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

How does one stock up on animal fat for explosive rounds? I can’t seem to get more than 1 or 2 units at a time. Conversely can I buy explosive rounds from any npc in particular?

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

So I figured out a way to make a decent amount off of train robberies. If you take the train from Saint Denis that seems to get you passengers with more money and valuables on them. Saw from a Youtube video that passenger trains take a tunnel through the Grizzlies so what I did was board on Saint Denis to Annesburg, and then ride ahead and jump on inside the tunnel. I don't know if it's because the Grizzlies doesn't really have any settlements for lawmen or if the tunnel just bugs them out but you'll get hit with a "crime reported" message but be able to loot the train at your leisure. Passengers will hold out on you so if you don't mind the honor hits you can kill them after robbing them for more loot; normally this would increase your bounty if not for the tunnel/Grizzlies weirdness. Made ~$250 from it and that's before fencing the valuables.

I think I'll try robbing another one just in the Grizzlies region but not in the tunnel and see what happens. Also I'm definitely thinking the 'repeat offender = higher bounty' is totally a thing because I got a copy of the official guide and it's saying train robbery's only a $50 bounty.

you definitely want to change outfits and wear a full mask. THis will delay the response and the larger bounty increases. The outfit you change into needs to be something you haven't worn before though, but Ive just put on a different mask or changed a coat/pants and it seems to be fine.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

The Fool posted:

I have my doubts that an outfit change actually makes any difference.

The only thing that is explicitly mentioned in the strategy guide is using a mask or bandanna, and they both have the same effect.

I can only vouch this anecdotally as i don't care enough to sit down and test it. I've robbed trains in succession and caught a bounty pretty quick and i was getting quite annoyed like the OP about how fast the bounties rack up and kill my joy of outlaw banditry. I changed my mask/clothes and did notice i had way more time to rob before the law showed up, and had a way lower initial bounty. YMMV, as i said i can't really prove it, but I would try it if you're frustrated at least. Just throw different outfits on your horse. Late game i think you can store up to 5 if i'm not mistaken.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Jesus christ that handwriting is beautiful. Cudos for maintaining a dead skill.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Donovan Trip posted:

The throwing axe works as a melee weapon until you get a proper hatchet, when you chase someone down with it Arthur grabs their shoulder, leads them a step or two and buries it in their stomach like some fuckin last of the Mohicans poo poo.

After throwing the hatchet at somebody Arthur immediately draws his side arm. If you’re quick you can dead eye and shoot either the target or another target before the ace strikes. I’ve doubled a guy over shooting and the hatchet flew over him.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

https://kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-games-culture-of-crunch-1829936466

Here is the Schrier article so you can all go read it instead of posting dumb shot. Also crunch and exploitative working conditions perpetuated by zeitgeisty workaholics in game development is not new nor has it gone away and been remedied. To think, let alone post in an open forum that this is just a hauser thing is pretty loving naive.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

If only there was a way for a group of employees to organize and set the terms of their labor.

Unions are tools of the libtard trying to take away your freedom to be used.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

This is definitely not a sarcastic post on a comedy forum.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

can I get the discord posted again please? I'd like to posse up tonight if at all possible.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

What’s a good mic for ps4

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Do worms really cost .50 cents each Online? That's quite goddamn silly, even by lovely Rockstar rip-off standards.

its a bug. if you buy it off the shelf its 5 for $.50

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

The fixed numbers of bounties in SP really suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

It's weird Rockstar went with an 1866 Winchester instead of a '73. Comedy option: Give us a big bore '76 :q:

Also yeah fanning your guns is a really good way to miss your target as well as put unnecessary wear and tear on it. Especially if it's a slicked up competition gun with tighter tolerances than normal.

I’m assuming as things go on (with no evidence at all supporting this) that we’ll probably get some cooler guns added in. I’m hoping we’ll get some more pistols. I’d love a Mewin and Hulbert myself. The UI for selecting those guns if SP is any indication is going to be horrible though if it remains the way it is. Especially with the off hand and you have to browse all guns in slot twice each time you want you want to change.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

I want to farm animal mats to craft stuff from the SP. I want my god drat fur lined coyote scout jacket with boar fringed champs god damnit.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Quote the post. Didn't happen.

I reassured someone else who complained about being griefed, and discussed what Rockstar themselves have said they're gonna do.

You are making poo poo up so you can feel good about yourself. Really weird dude.

I made one post about griefing when you're hunting being annoying like 100 pages ago, that's constantly bitching? lmao

Every post you make is complaining. You poo poo up every thread.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Another Bill posted:

I've been doing 3 or less daily challenges in Online and I have more gold than I know what to do with.

I mean, once I got a poncho what is the rest for really?

bandoleers

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

I wish the silver/nickel finishes weren't quite so painfully shiny but otherwise I like them more than the darker stained metals.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Zesty posted:

I go after them every time I see them because the game counts the times I do and will give me a worthless medal for doing it enough times.

Can you wear that medal as a buckle?

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

I'm getting back into the Online from PC coming from ps4. I'm usually only for a couple hours from Wednesday - the weekend evenings in PST. If anyone still plays online and wants a bounty buddy or w/e lmk. I need cash and collector runs get super boring.

Speaking of collectors, the github map that is so very helpful says that there are bugged coins, is that a current thing? I haven't done any coin collections because i don't want to spend the time if it can't cash it in, but they are definitely the most lucrative set.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Lugubrious! posted:

Something new should have dropped by now. I don't think the previous Outlaw Pass is done yet though?

Ended on Monday. No news on anything new coming down the pipe.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Bloopsy posted:

Finally got around to getting this for PC while it was on sale today. Is this game still a buggy crashing mess?

If you’re around evenings PST and want to do the online story hit me up. I can’t finish them without a partner

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

hakimashou posted:

Do you have Amazon Prime? If so you can set up something called "twitch prime" which is where you create an account on the "twitch" website and link it to your rockstar account.

The current perk for doing it is a free bounty hunter license I think.

And $1100 and a horse. Not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

I like this game. I wish it was better. I also wish there was an online outfit builder so I never had to log in.