Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
So I guess you can just keep buying premium cigs from the store to get the cards...buy em, get card, drop em, buy more...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm still farting around in chapter 2, but I'm exploring as much of the map as I can.

I did get a tip that there was a house to rob above strawberry, but all I've seen is a taxidermist cabin and when I go there I can't kick the door in. I can kick it, but it doesn't move and I just look like an rear end in a top hat.

Anyone know where the old lady's cabin is supposed to be?

Its called Watsons Cabin and its NW of wallace station. I read somewhere if you go back after a day her 4 sons show up and they have a lockbox with cash with them....I just murdered the old lady and took her shotgun and stuff....think I'll go back and finish the family off

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
God damnit I wanted to hijack the trolley and use it for drive-bys in st. denis :(

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

BobKnob posted:

I had the encounter with the O'Driscols vs. Father and two sons. I helped kill those O'Driscol bastards, but nothing really happened afterward. They mostly bitched about building a house being a dumb idea and I could only antagonize them and that didn't do anything either. I thought they had some kind of wood fetch mission or something.

I accidentally shot the old man when I was still trying to figure out the controls...had to kill the kids too because witnesses...There wasn't any O'Driscols at the time though. They all came back a couple of chapters later and the 2nd time the O'Driscols were attacking them.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

PirateBob posted:

What's a good weapon to buy (or find?) in chapter 2?

Just don't miss out on getting the Rare Rolling Block Rifle. Apparently its only available in 1 mission in Chapter 3

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Pretty sure Wanda Sykes just asked me if I want to race to a seafood restaurant

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Is there a trick to fishing I'm not getting? Seems like I spend 10 minutes reeling, stopping to tire the fish out, quickly reeling again while bringing my rod back, and repeating only for the fish to get free when it's a few feet away. My hands are worn out.

After you hook it you gotta use the left stick to tire it out before you reel it in...it'll probably start kicking again before you get it to shore and you'll have to stop and go left on the stick again until it stops vibrating and the fish tires out....then finish reeling it in and you should be good.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

punchymcpunch posted:

please spoiler tag the stuff about fast travel, it doesnt unlock until several hours into the game

no

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Ummm....how can I tawk aboot drunk chillen st denis w/o sprl.....pffffft poop

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Really like just walking up to that 3 star bull and point blank putting it down, snaggin some skin and loving right off

twice

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

AndyElusive posted:

And in more tales from the frontier...I'm an outlaw who's an outlaws worst nightmare. So far I've stumbled across a couple of morons busy hammering away on a lock box from a wagon they hijacked. I stayed a good distance away and after they succeeded opening the box I shot em both while they celebrated. I took the contents for safe keeping.

I ran across them twice. The 1st time I just shot them :blastu: and blew the door off the box with some dynamite. The 2nd time I rode up on them they started telling me that it was none of my business and I better get outta there and BOOM they blew themselves up and I just walked over and took the money out of the box. The 2nd time I ran in them was right after the mission where you burn down the tobacco fields so I had a different horse and the explosion killed it....glad it didn't kill theirs.

Deified Data posted:

The gently caress is up with the flaming hellspot outside of Rhodes

There was a dead horse there at one point and when I came back to it later someone had built a fire and it was mostly bones....now its just a smoldering fire....I guess thats what they did when I horse died in the middle of nowhere back then? :shrug:

DrNutt posted:

Man I did the Catfish Jackson home invasion and now I feel like a piece of poo poo. The fifty bucks really wasn't worth it but there were like two or three premium cigarette packs and a few loose cigarette cards so... Sorry Catfish, you had to die.

I ran into him early on and when I was sneaking up to his bed to stab him I hit the wrong button and woke him up....he started beating me up and I stabbed him and then his son comes in going hollering for his pa and just stabbed him in the neck.....didn't turn out the way I wanted exactly....whoops

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 5, 2018

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Deified Data posted:

Specifically it's a glowing red spot on the ground that catches anything that passes through it on fire, I don't think it's intentional. There was no fire for me until I passed through it. It's on the three-way fork northwest of Rhodes.

Yeah, thats the same place where the dead horse was....next time I went by it the horse was on fire and mostly bones....3rd time I went by it was just a bunch of hot coals as the horse had burned away....hurt my horse when I ran over it but didn't catch it on fire

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

DogonCrook posted:

That farm just north of valentine where you meet you old girlfriend that one time to help her brother. That might be chaos though. I dont think anyone is at the farm so maybe you could stab them all.

There was a guy by the house but I just used my bow so I could get perfect pelts from them and I guess he didn't notice....3 different kind of pigs too

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

DrNutt posted:

There are three fires at our gang's camp and I can't craft at any of them. What the gently caress?

its the one on the hill next to the horses - there are 2 spots to sit - don't "sit" do rest

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Looks like they released a statement about the big chapter 2 bug

R* posted:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support,

We understand your concern regarding the missing storyline characters in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode. Please be informed that, if the missions "Polite Society" and "Valentine Style" are failed, restart the mission instead of using the "Retry Checkpoint" option. If you have already completed the mission after using the "Retry Checkpoint" option, they will not be present until the start of Chapter 4. We hope you understand.

no gently caress you

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just paid 8.50 to some guy to drive me to rhodes and he just got in the carriage and made Arthur drive....uber is hosed up in 1899

e: to make sense

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 7, 2018

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

Just set a waypoint and then go to cinematic mode and it'll autopilot for you, even on a horse.

The train is instant, but otherwise just use cinematic mode.

It still did the quick travel but it showed arthur driving away

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

TjyvTompa posted:

Regarding premium cigarettes, you don't have to smoke all of them to pick up new ones, you can just go into your satchel (right d-pad) and discard all of them at once.

or you can just smoke 1 and it will pick up a new pack so you can get the card

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

DogonCrook posted:

Yeah i forgot about chocolate bars. There are sugar cubes too.

There is also a bag of candy and peppermint

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

super macho dude posted:

Holy poo poo I cannot for the life of me catch any of these tiny rear end songbirds needed for most of the Trappers hat decorations.

I've been able to get some just by aiming at everything in the air....if it just says "bird" and gives me the option to study I just shoot it and pick it up, cook it and get the feathers

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
What does that witches brew do to you? Look like Arthur just woke up with a hangover to me

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
gator ate my horse :(

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm so old I get tired fishing in a video game....caught that bitch though

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I've just noticed that R1+X allows for power braking on the horse....I need to pay more attention :(

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Dogen posted:

I save before I buy my ticket after someone said their horse got run over earlier in the thread.

I robbed a train and parked it on that big rear end bridge and must've accidentally whistled for my horse which almost made it to me before falling off

Poor Aye Null Sects :(

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

OnimaruXLR posted:

Pretty sure it's a feral man and not a werewolf. I chased him down once and managed to lasso him but his friends showed up and chewed on me long enough for him to get away. Followed his trail to a cave full of bones.

Rockstar should really just go all in and make a full blown paranormal shennanigans game. It's not like there's a shortage of movies they could slavishly reference by doing so.

He lives in a cave/rock outcropping down by the river. I chased him once and there were 2 wolves standing in front of him barking at me as I stood at the entrance. I already have all the wolf pelts I need so I just left while they barked at me and he was petting them.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

TheAnomaly posted:

bear pelts come from grizzly bears, and they roam the west grizzlies. Probably the East Grizzlies as well, but I usually just run into wolves over there. Black Bears give you Black Bear pelts, and they're primarily in the Black Bone Forest area. They run from you (only large predator that avoids conflict with you as far as I've seen). Wolves spawn in all of these locations as well, and Cougars can spawn in the southern part of the Black Bone Forest area as well, so hunting Black Bears can take some luck (luckily I think you only need two perfect Black Bear Pelts for the clothes). Getting Grizzlies with perfect pelts is a bitch, though... the game says a rifle with express rounds, but that will lower pelt quality. Bow with Poison Arrows then following the thing until it dies is the only way it seems to not lose quality, and they definitely don't shy from a fight. Don't use horses to hunt them, they'll make even the bravest warhorse dump you on your butt when they charge as well.

Rare block rifle with reg rounds to the head kept the griz pelts perfect for me....not sure if I had the trinket for perf pelt chance yet though....I definitely didn't when that bear walked out of that cabin - I shot it point blank with the rare block right between the eyes though

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Anyone tried to do a siege from the light tower yet?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo. I saw lightning strike in my game and just assumed it was a skybox animation.

Do the stranger mission with the guy with the remote control boat(not anywhere near as bad as that stupid RC plane in GTA) in St. Denis....the 2nd mission he sends you on gives you plenty of hot lightning action....also I love how they did the delay on the thunder when you see lightning in the distance.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Them Bo Duke dynamite arrows do wonders with those little O'Driscoll camps that pop up now and again.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Enjoying the game so far but now I've gotten suckered into playing cowboy barbie, so now I'm obsessed with finding a good jacket/pants combo to go with my Lemmy Kilmeister mutton chops and old confederate hat

Anyone found any fancy soldier-like clothes to go with the hat you find in the old civil war fort?

No but I found a tricorne hat in an old boat that goes with everything

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Am I the only one that always has the rare block with express rounds? It puts everything down in 1 shot except for a couple of legendary's....god damned bull gator ate a lot of lead :stare:

I keep that and 2 revolvers I got from duels plus the varmint or bow depending on what I'm hunting....I'll switch out the bow/varmint for a shotty when I go on a mission though

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

AndyElusive posted:

Same. Only I want to jump on top of the wild stampede and frantically RUN TO AVOID GETTING KILLED.

St. Denis needs a running of the bulls stranger mission

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Donovan Trip posted:

Bounty hunting question: when you capture bounties alive, you can keep returning to the jail to harass them in the cell, they don't just disappear. I'm wondering if anyone has observed a particular time of day bounties are hanged- at some point I think this happens as they will disappear from the cell if you're gone too long. I really want to see this particular bounty swing, and being that Rockstar is meticulous with details I'm wondering if anyone has seen one of their bounties actually strung up.

IIRC I saw one in Rhodes....I think it was the guy that initially surrenders and then has his buddies ambush you to try to get him back but I could be wrong...definitely saw someone swing though...

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Over There posted:

Just killed (Saint Denis spoilers) the Italian dude last night. I don't know where this is going to go now but its going to be bad.

It wouldn't let me pick up his hat :mad:

9/10

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Ran into a game breaking bug where my save is forever stuck at the loading screen. :(

Is this the only game that this happens on? Might be a start of things....

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

I tried to ride straight through the no-go zone and I did, I eluded the law, the patrols, the bounty hunters. I made it. I was across that river.

You take headshot damage every second you exist in new austin. From nowhere. You are not allowed to be there.

I tried to take a boat there and it just sank and I drowned in about 2 seconds

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is the dessert I needed after this game

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm likin the hats I've gotten from the del lobos gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

BigHandsVince posted:

I have an interesting bug, can anyone help? I got in an O'Driscoll fight halfway to Valentine on the road from camp.

In the fight mistakes were made and a horse got killed.

Now, days later, the horse corpse is still there. If I ride by and there's anybody on the road, they turn into a witness of animal cruelty and try to report me.

How can I get rid of the corpse? It seems to be getting more decomposed by the day, does it eventually disappear?

Can you blow it up enough to move it out of sight? Dunno if burning it will make it go away....