Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Pylons posted:

Extremely important tip: Double-tap L1 (or LB) with a revolver out to spin it before you holster it.

Oh yes thats great. Thank you, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tjones
May 13, 2005
This game's freeroam is amazing and beats GTA any day of the week. I went to town and quickly involved myself in a poo poo talk competition with the town folk that ended in a big street brawl where the law was called after someone pulled a pistol and I was forced to flee. That lead to a lengthy gunfight on horseback while being chased all over the fields near Valentine where my horse gets shot up and eventually runs headfirst through a fence line throwing us both into somersaults. I barely survived but the horse died.

RIP Butternuts. You will be missed.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I feel like the hat and chap clothing selections are lacking and this bugs me to no end.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Nolgthorn posted:

Is everybody in the world better at not dying? It seems like every other encounter I have they take about three shots on me and I'm dead, bounty hunters or whoever. Story missions I'm a bullet sponge but open world I get killed constantly.

Feels like I need to get into a story mission just to survive.

Use your monster energy drinks to stay in the fight longer.

tjones
May 13, 2005

goferchan posted:

Have you checked out stores besides valentine? The tailor in the bayou city has like 6 pages of hats in his catalogue

I checked Strawberry but not the tailor. Thanks partner.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Where do I go to get a better (bigger) belt buckle.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

I donated all my cash to the camp, where do I turn myself in to lose the bounty? Post office is grayed out and the sheriff isn't saying anything.

Walk into the sheriff's office and antagonize the deputies. Surrender as soon as they draw guns on you otherwise they'll kill you and the warant will still be active when you respawn.

You can also start a big stree brawl and then surrender when the law gets called as long as you are careful not to pull guns or have anyone shoot at you.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Is there any way to get into the old territories while the Blackwater bounty is still active? I've tried crossing the river at the west most point but as soon as I'm on the other side 20 bounty hunters spawn and one shot me regardless of my health.

I just want to see Armadillo again. I don't care about Blackwater proper. I just started Chapter 3 story wise if that matters.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Same here. I've lost my pump shotgun. I suspect if it is not a glitch then you may lose your gun if it is knocked from your hands? I'd like to know because if so I'd like to lose a few of the lower tiered guns to keep from having to scroll pass them in the weapon select menu.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I just stumbled on the Appalachia area and holy poo poo they did a good job.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Flooger posted:

To all the people complaining about bounties: just ignore it.

I've had a couple hundred dollar bounty in every area I've went to and aside from lawmen showing up every now and then it doesn't matter.

What exact part of the US does this take place? I know parts are Texas and Louisiana, but what about the snowy mountains and lush green area?

Snowy mountains would probably be the Dakotas/Montana. Dense green mountain county is Appalachia (East Tennessee, Kentucky, Carolinas, Virgina).

tjones
May 13, 2005
I ran out of stable space stealing a lot of paint horses. If you take your giant rear end free pre-order horse out and then set dynamite off next to him, it will allow you to kill him off to free another stable slot if you need it.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The first time I attempted to clear that bounty by surrender my partners broke me free from the jail in the middle of the night.

Thanks guys, but I'd really like to lose this bounty.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Why are there more options for different types of bowler hats than real cowboy hats? There are no ten gallon, stetson, dakota, reiner, rodeo, or cattleman. I feel like a game with this much detail that dedicated a button to picking up a hat should have no less than 50 loving hats, the majority of them being cowboy hats.

They should have added an option for wearing different belt buckles. And only two different types of chaps? C'mon Rockstar I'd like to play cowboy dress up here.

I also had to google what types of cowboy hats there were, so thanks Rockstar.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

I wonder if the honor system will cross over into multiplayer and they're hoping to incentivize being a more friendly player

Hah, thats cute. If you don't believe multiplayer will instantly turn into a roaming murdering cloud of chaos you are either very naive or haven't played an online Rockstar game before.

tjones
May 13, 2005
My personal goal of making it through Blackwater while the active bounty is pending hasn't been going so well. The drat sheriffs have turned to deputizing the wild life.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Can someone tell me the mission that kicks off the big point of no return that the poster above mentioned restricting the map about 60% of the way in? Just the location, for whom it is for, and the title would suffice so nothing more is spoiled, if you don't mind. Thanks.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Just reached Chapter 5.

God damnit Rockstar, I just want a bank robbing, stage coach poaching dusty rear end western simulator. Not a political insurrection castaway Caribbean poo poo fest. There was a wide margin of people who loathed the Mexican revolution storyline in RDR1 in what was an otherwise awesome locale. Why the gently caress would you throw this in the middle of what was a somewhat OK story? The only pirate I want to be is a prairie pirate.

It doesn't get any better until end game, does it?

EDIT: Do not complete the last big mission in Chapter 4 or you will drastically change locations. It's the bank job in Saint Denis.

tjones fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 31, 2018

tjones
May 13, 2005

DogonCrook posted:

My impression of their games is they develop a bunch of systems and then qa goes through and they say gently caress it cut it, its too much trouble, and then its such a big team the changes gets kinda lost in all of it. I mean gtav still warns you to bank your cash so it isnt atolen by other players but that never made it in. You can bank your cash but it doesnt do anything and isnt necessary. So the bank code is just a weird usless artifact they never removed. I feel like that may be going on here a bit. They designed it and wrote the manual, then they altered it to make it more simple to hit release and thats probably how it will stay.

I haven't played GTA5 online in years, but you used to be able to call in muggers on anyone in a lobby and if successful they would steal any on hand cash that wasn't banked. It was routine for my group to call in muggers on each other after finishing missions/heists as a comedy option for anyone that wasn't paying close enough attention to the tooltip that notifies the lobby a mugger was called.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Fish with dynamite.

tjones
May 13, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Is fishing gated behind a story mission or something? The last time I looked in a catalog the lures were locked out.

It is. Someone mentioned you can mug a fisherman and steal their rod. I can't confirm if that is a thing, however.

Dynamite is available after the prologue, if you are so inclined. No idea if you can bag a legendary fish with it, but most likely not considering the hints note fishing at certain times of day/weather with a specific bait.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

What I really wish is that lawmen took longer to show up if you're out in the wilds or robbing a train far away from a town/station. Sucks that the train stops and I have about 30 seconds to make my way through it all before the law shows up.

You won't be able to rob the commuters, but if you stop the train and then high tail it out and hide out nearby to wait out the search party you can return to the train and empty its coffers in peace.

tjones
May 13, 2005

The Fool posted:

I've resorted to taking screenshots of the strategy guide on my phone so I can look at it on my computer.

Each chapter has a very nice overview of how the chapter flows, and which missions unlock which activities and when they become available.

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

If people are interested I can post the later chapters as well.

In addition, the bank job in valentine is for the special edition, so if you don't have it and get a conversation about missing it, don't feel bad there is nothing you could have done.

These are great, thanks. If you get time to post the rest I'm sure people would appreciate it.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Someone on the RDR2 reddit thought to steal a train, load it with animal pelts and then drive it into Saint Denis and stop just outside the butcher shop. They said they named it the profit rocket.

I'm impressed.

tjones
May 13, 2005

uncle w benefits posted:

Is there a way you can tell the weather besides seeing Arthur/horse breath? Should I just not care and only change if i get the 'you're cold' message?

I never cared. The player submenu will tell you whether or not Arthur is cold, fair, or hot.

tjones
May 13, 2005

JBP posted:

My Arthur is black hat as gently caress. You can get a black duster coat, then wear a black and gold fancy vest, black shirt, black/gold tie and plated boots. Cap it off with the stalker black hat.

Where did you find the black duster? I'm nearing the end of the game and trying to go man in black / Doc Holiday to fit the mood but so far all the coats are poo poo and none are actually black.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The epilogue is a lot longer than I thought it was going to be.

Question about the ending area: Does Armadillo return to normal at some point during Marton's story line? I had hoped I would be able to stroll into town and see the place similiar to how it was in the first game, but it is destitute and depressing.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Use your satchel to eat game meat to continuously keep your cores filled. No need to sit around and eat. A cooked piece of venison will restore all your cores almost completely.

tjones
May 13, 2005

The Fool posted:

Good info.

Thanks mate.

tjones
May 13, 2005

It looks like you fell

into a burning ring of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tjones
May 13, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

I haven't been able to eat camp stew since the first time the game prompted me to. It's always "not ready yet". Stop eating my helpings you assholes I'm the one doing all the work! :argh:

Pearson puts it out sometime after noon everyday. It's available up until the turn of the next day.