Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I enjoy hunting, my only issue is when I bag a perfect skin off a large animal and stow it on the back on my hurse I always seem to run into a stranger out in the world that needs a ride, but I can't give em a ride if I got a legendary bear skin on the back! Sorry lady!

Not only that but they always seem to want to go in the opposite direction. I'm starting to play by my own priorities now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

But they couldn't add Liars Dice and instead kept Five Finger Fillet! :argh:

I was already missing it, and then during one poker game at the camp John said he wanted to try Liars Dice, and it felt like they were waving the absence of it in my face! Maybe it will show back up in RDO?

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

heeheex2 posted:

you have very nice writing my friend

No kidding. Thanks for the lists too, but my god it's almost dissuaded me from trying to collect all of it. I didn't realize it required so many.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ultimate was the $100+ one correct? I got the Special edition. When do I get to join the beta :smith: Gonna watch these streams. GTAO was incredible with friends. Then the paywall hit, it hit so hard. It essentially killed the entire momentum of the group of buddies who played GTAO with us.

Although I can imagine, what changed with the paywall? Wasn't it there from the beginning?

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Anime_Otaku posted:

Since I’m a bit of a care bear I hate that the strangers that give assassination contracts will send you after a player rather than a group of NPCs.

Interesting. I like the idea. Does it tell you if you are a target?

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Churchill posted:

Regarding griefers, definitely just assume everyone is hostile until proven otherwise. If I'm not with my posse, which probably is the best counter as you strangely enough tend to be left alone if you travel in a group, I just stay of the roads and keep clear of other players. Considering the current climate with basically consequence free pvp murder I also assume everyone considers me hostile, so staying clear also works to that end. This strategy makes me feel the whining is way exaggerated because during about 20 hours of online gameplay I've had no issues at all with griefing. So git gud I guess :shrug:

Had just gotten on and joined a (newly formed) posse that was trying to walk me through the first missions. I was really green to the online mode, but there was a gang in Blackwater with rolling block rifles that kept sniping all of us before we could get anywhere near there or the mission point. I eventually made it in and got the cutscene started which apparently made me not a target anymore while they continued to get sniped, but it wasn't the most fun time. As soon as the cutscene ended I was sniped, but we were able to roll out from there. Given there wasn't much else we could do until I finished that it wasn't the most fun I'd had online, and took a lot longer than it should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

ICMB posted:

Other than being in a posse, the right response to this is just to hop to another server. I pretty much do it as soon as anyone griefs me and you just get away from them, and they lose any fun they get from harassing you.

Thank you, def do that next time I'm solo. It became clear they were just sniping us whether we were responding or not, I'd gone into menus and kept getting struck - as soon as I'd respawn they'd hone in on me and I'd die again without even moving. I assume a posse can't move together and have to "pull" each other to the new server?