Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got to chapter 3 in like two days of playing this game and haven't touched the story since, I want to get that legend satchel and nothing is gonna stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Gunslinger posted:

Don't do it man. Once you obtain it you will never hunt or collect anything again haha. I went nuts doing everything to get the satchel and then promptly burned through the story after, nothing else in the game was fun anymore after 20 hours of satchel bullshit. I ruined it for myself, shame because I really enjoyed the hunting too.

I finally beat the game and I'm conflicted. The characterization is generally excellent, the story was solid and it's been awhile since a videogame made me feel something so strongly. On the other hand the gameplay is all over the loving map, the controls were absolutely awful and the pacing is really uneven. It's rare to play such a great game that controls so terribly, they really got in the way of enjoyment numerous times and Rockstars bizarre commitment to this obtuse control scheme is infuriating.

The games systems weren't very well thought out either, its a mishmash of half-realized implementations. The NPC interactions are so limited and none of the pre-release nonsense about long term consequences turned out to be true. You constantly see the same events play out (snake bites, etc). The camp system turns out to be meaningless. Cores were a half baked mechanic at best. The games rigid mission structures were totally at odds with the open world it wants you to love.

Anyways spent a ton of time with the game and I still enjoyed it. Just a shame that they clung so desperately to things that didn't work or weren't interesting.

I'm pretty close now, I feel like I may as well! Off the top of my head I think I need one elk, one iguana (which apparently sucks), one panther, one badger, and two deer.

I've been doing other side poo poo while I'm at it so it hasn't been too tedious. I went to Saint Denis early, found the night folk, that kind of thing.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think I got a badger as a reward for saving some dude from night people.

He gave me a muskrat pelt.