Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

That's because our downstream reality reflects an upstream case but I'm going to violate it.

Who are you people who have zero time to play games? I have an hour commute, wife and kid so don't cry to me about it.

If you honestly get frustrated at spending 30 seconds every hour making sure that the character you're playing as is all good, you really might want to take a deep breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

That's because our downstream reality reflects an upstream case but I'm going to violate it.

*has to press X on an item once every hour* You're wasting my time!!! *At your TV screen.*

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

Quoted because theres a few people who need to see this again.

Yeah there are games for this kind of gaming, which is fine, like mass effect Andromeda or any final fantasy game or metal gear game

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Can't wait to get this on the PC three years from now and the subsequent shitfit rockstar will have about mods.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Uh, I've preloaded and am ready to be a cowboy. I don't consoles so I'm going into this raw and uncut and am excited for the online mode the most tbh

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Is there any reason not to shoot another player in the back of the head and steal his hat and ride off to the mountains

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

i must compose posted:

Honor, friend.

I see the life of the bandit for me

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Imagine playing this game without an SSD.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

DreadCthulhu posted:

Is it me or are RockStar games just abysmal on PC? They remind me of the old clunky Final Fantasy ports from the Playstation. I have a pretty beefy rig, but it still gets clobbered under GTAV

I can't test rdr out because I'm not at home but GTAV runs super smooth for me. I7, 1080.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Game is running smooth and I can do high / ultra on some if I'm willing to have 35 FPS. Changing options and generally navigating is jank as poo poo with KB+M but I got my wife into Destiny and she uses the controller so

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

This thread should be titled RDR2 Tech Support and the console thread turned into Playable Game Talk.

Dude the amount of trouble people are having is staggering, it's odd as gently caress poo poo too like Bios needing to be flashed lmao

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I did play a few hours of online mode last night and it's a phenomenal cowboy simulator. I made an ugly Mexican / French bandit named Monroe Murrieto and as soon as I had enough cash I bought a poncho. Gonna use dual pistols and leave rifles on my horse.

Next step is to get nicer clothing. Especially Spurs.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Also shooting players in the back of the head is ultimately very satisfying. Shooting in the air and then telling someone in voice chat that my name is Monroe Murrieto then shooting their face is even better.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

I will buy this game when all the dumbass tedium can be nullified with mods.

Until then, have fun with your video game crashing simulator, nerds.

Lol the biggest toolbag aggro post I've seen in a minute

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Go to options and change horse controls from relative to camera to relative to horse

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I think my comfort with the controls has led me to a few PvP wins. People fumbling with their aim or accidentally fanning pistols is amazing.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

This poo poo is wild. They need to fuckin patch asap and I'm somebody who has no issues.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Lol just lol if your aren't playing this with a VR headset and gloves like in minority report

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

For horses on keyboard change the controls to be relative to the horse not to the camera

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I had a tremendous time online and I think I'll spend some of the pre order gold on getting a bounty hunting license since that sounds badass

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

It's still a bit awkward, but this helped tremendously.

I cannot for the life of me remember what game it was but it had similar controls to the horse in this and basically trained me. But yeah the horse is dumb to control. The fact we don't have an autorun is brutal af

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Sleekly posted:

Online isnt the wasteland it was but it still struggles to keep me coming back. The bounty/trading/collector things are profitable but get boring. I definitely have more fun when I'm im the mood to make my own fun and don't get hung up on the money grind.

It took GTAO a long time to become the weird thing is it today, I'm sure RDRO will get there eventually. The original RDRO was really engaging, but that took ages to get good too.

While I don't feel totally contrary to you -- online mode has completely sucked me in.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I wasn't aware that aiming is easier on consoles. Interesting. It's felt super wild west cause of the difficult less than a laser aiming. I had a wild af shootout with someone the other day cause of it.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I have an i7 and the game does run smooth.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Got this going at last, just had to reinstall the launcher. Game is god drat smooth on my i5 6600k and 1070 at 1440p with a mix of high and medium settings. Things get hitchy in towns though, looks like I need to fiddle with CPU affinity and process lasso as I cant watch the power draw on my PC drop in real time. Things hitch? Draw drops 140 watts. Hitch is gone? Back to normal draw levels.

I put this up in my discord for the guys but I think this will help:

[Image from article here for quick reference](https://imgur.com/a/vZa3D3G)

It seems the most taxing graphics options (in order) are:

1. MSAA
2. Reflection Quality
3. Water Quality
4. Volumetrics Quality
5. Near Volumetric Resolution
6. TAA
7. Shadow Quality
8. SSAO
9. Texture Quality
10. Volumetric Lighting Quality

All the rest seem to have meager returns.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

According to whatever the hell article I found earlier in the day that has negligible impact relative the chart above but I'm not vested to really disagree with you.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

$9.99

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

i5 in bane voice: no one cared until I began to stutter

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I've never seen such an interesting cool game that plays fun have such enormous bugs lmao. This is such a great game made poorly.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

can someone on m+kb explain to me how to fight?

i must have forgot that tutorial because i just got my rear end absolutely kicked by a belligerent in a badger hat

For fist fights it's R for blocks, E for grabs and F to punch.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

side mouse buttons are for dead eye and PTT. I'm thinking of making the middle mouse button shoot in the air or even better --- my dynamite bug out button.

Or maybe chug a health potion.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I got the permanent posse bug which is pretty annoying. Unlocked it for 200 bux and promptly was told I have 0/0 slots available lmao. Apparently this is a year old bug which tells me that rockstar are loving liars about rebuilding the engine for the PC.

That said rolling around with friends doing missions, bounties, hunting or just being a piece of poo poo bandit it outrageously fun.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Ongoing issues with i5 and this game. I don't know if there is an immediate resolution. Did you do the bios thing etc etc

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

With max sized posse being 7 it's probably best to just play with friends.

Glenn Quebec fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 11, 2019

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

It's not even an i5 issue, it's somehow tied to lack of SMT which makes no sense. I have an 8 core/8 thread processor but ended up having to refund the game because it was freezing constantly while I see people with 4 core/8 thread processors running fine.

It's mind boggling

I like the game so much but I've never played a shoddier triple A game while still liking it.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

It's not and permanent posses have a bug that eats 200 in game cash and the only fix is to create two permanent posses.

Also perm posses only exist when the posse leader is on. So if 6 people in the posse are playing but the leader isn't, you can't posse up automatically

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I like the nebulous nature of it in concept but in practice is blows rear end. I got the bug and the only recourse is to email rockstar support which sucks ballsacks.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

It's because their real purpose is to refill your deadeye not to be a sim which is counterproductive to such a sim-like game otherwise.

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Nah it's not just them. Once you can mentally convince yourself of the abstraction it kinda makes sense, but the fact that you can see Saint Denis from the mountains pretty well breaks the illusion that you are actually multiple states away. They did try and cram a ton in, and as a result you have sudden and arbitrary shifts in environment and you never do have a feeling of wide open spaces when literally you can see the mountains and dense forests at almost any time. It's a cool little world but it does not simulate the feeling of the expanse of the plains states at all.

The game also ignores the supposed distances constantly, only to every now and then have Arthur say "that's 2 states away" or something at some point to remind you of it.

The hell that would be traversing the Midwest on a horse. I strongly commend rockstar for taking the route they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What's the deal with this? Is there any chance of them doing this same content again so PC players can get it?

You get it through the games god drat catalogue. I had no idea.

6 days to power through all of the levels...6 days..