Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hello friends i just preordered the ultimate edition because i have more money than sense

cant wait to stand in line at gamestop tomorrow night among the horde of neckbeards starkly reflecting my poor life choices back at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i don't know about you guys but to be honest i want to play this game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If you aren’t chaotic good wtf are you even doing?

which one is it if i only murder people in cold blood and loot their corpses after i've completed their sidequests because anything else would be suboptimal

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i hope rdo has battle royale mode

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

neat

https://streamable.com/6zf34

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

are there difficulty settings? most of the leaks show arthur as a bullet sponge with infinite hp

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i got it for ps4 pro but it seems the cleanest version is xbonx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJgsOwXIwU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

kinda spoilery but looks real dang entertaining pardner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynhtXJ_FltQ

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I said come in! posted:

The only review you should care about is Easy Allies.

never heard of these guys but yeah that was a really good review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwm1TA8NJXk

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

god dammit why am i such a helpless and moronic piece of loving poo poo

i should have known the Microsoft XBOX One X would have VASTLY improved performance over the sony playstation snore

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i wonder if those comparison vids had supersampling turned on for the ps4 pro

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i have a metal cased ultimate edition reserved at gamestop and my fear that they will run out is probably gonna make me go miserably stand in stench tonight

does anyone have experience with going out in public that can assuage my crippling anxiety?

does a reservation actually mean a reservation and it will be there if I wait until Friday afternoon?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ada shatan posted:

Wait - you said metal cased, but you also said ultimate edition. The only metal case edition I heard of was the collectors box, which doesn't actually come with a copy of the game.

You did get a copy of the game, right?

the ultimate edition comes in a fancy sleeved steel case and is pretty much why I chose physical over digital

i'm aware the collectors box only contains an assortment of worthless garbage

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

good tips

https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/25/red-dead-redemption-2-tips/

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i drove all the way home on my lunch break just to play for a couple minutes

also because i wanted to catch back up to where i left off last night since toggling supersampling on and off will close the application and reset whichever mission you're on

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

androo posted:

Is that an option on PS4 Pro? I tried to find the typical resolution vs framerate option but didn't see any.

yeah it's in the PS4's display settings

I don't know what people are on about the game looks amazing

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

androo posted:

I didn't see it. I'll check when I get home. I don't have a 4K TV, so maybe it just wasn't an option..

neither do I

supersampling is a boost for 1080p

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

called out of work yesterday so i could keep playing, haven't seen the light of day since Friday

game is so goddamn good 9.999/10

every complaint I had was remedied by me getting good, mostly just getting very familiar with the controls and dialing in my sensitivity settings

i guess if i still had one outstanding issue it's that cash eventually seems to become pointless but maybe there's some big ticket stuff i haven't come across. now that the camp is fully upgraded the only expenses i really have are bounties sitting at about $500-$1000 but why even pay them off? you can see bounty hunters coming from a mile away and pick them off easily

oh also this game is begging for a PC release and I will probably double dip and build a new rig when that happens

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Cirofren posted:

Game's good but where's the high stakes poker at?

very good q

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

also i missed the last 1000 posts does everyone already know about the riggs station bridge train robbery strategy?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

easy money, usually about $2-300 for a couple minutes work and can be done from basically the beginning of the game afaik

catch a train to riggs station from any other station, preferably during the day as there will be more passengers to rob

when the cutscene ends you'll be standing next to a loot pinata desperately pleading for you to gorge yourself upon its sweet innards

"BUT HOW?!" you stupidly exclaim with your dumb idiot brain and sexy mouth

well whoa there pardner shut those soft lucious lips for one goddamn second and let me tell you

from the train platform run up to the engineer driving the sumbitch and steal that bastard

drive it out onto the bridge and stop halfway out, this ensures that any responding law will try to apprehend you from the road about 100' below you, powerless to stop you

you can take your sweet time looting all of the high $ items in cupboards and chests like hair tonics, snake oils, health tonics and the like

the real money is from the passengers though

walk down the aisle robbing each and every one of them

they all have about $10-12 in cash, first level yellow tonics, usually platinum or gold valuables for selling to the fence

PROTIPS

tell your horse to stay because it will invariably plummet to its death tryin to follow you

all of the passengers are hold outs. unless you're a big pussy execute them all mercilessly for extra cash and valuables :clint:

i'm sure im forgetting something but you'll figure it out

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

moms friend from work posted:

I was trying so hard to be an honorable cowpoke, and then I found out you can do the dead-eye draw from duels on anybody, anytime. Arthur has become the most untepentant highwayman to ever terrorize the roadways. :clint:

whoa what do you just do the light press thing? also how do you flourish your weapon

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

elpaganoescapa posted:

My Arthur has become a serial killer because it's so profitable and the matriarch type at the camp keeps complaining about me killing innocents. Also, if you're ever in Strawberry, rent a room and watch Arthur have a depressing conversation with the mirror.

yeah seriously i wish i could kill her and loot her corpse

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

pistol whipping someone to death is really gnarly

sometimes they aren't dead and will wake up and shoot you in the back so be sure to follow up with a point blank slug or two in the brainpan!!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the sheer variety of ways in which you can seamlessly murder people in this game is really just fantastic

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

although i haven't tried it, it doesn't seem like being friendly in this game gives you anything

i still have access to all the stranger quests so far as I can tell even though im a complete bastard outside of them

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i tried to do something good once by way of a camp chore

i cancelled it about 3 seconds in when i realized it would take me longer to move a bale of hay than it would to rob a train

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i can imagine being good if there were some really nice rewards for it or something but so far as I can tell the only way to play this game is as a psychopath

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Tercio posted:

Are there any camps you can approach where people welcome you or are they always pissed off and on the defensive?

i found a fisherman that welcomed me but somehow it went south and he told me to gently caress off

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Day Man posted:

I found an option to store outfits on my horse, but how do I change into them when I am away from camp?

bottom of the horse inventory wheel

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

it pisses me off that i need to always asign my weapons on the horse, im doing something wrong?

no that's normal as far as i can tell and probably the most annoying thing about the UI thus far

i've showed up to way too many gunfights with just my pistols

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

quick Q since i'm a little confused about the wording

are stirrups increasing or deceasing the rate of stamina core depletion on my thoroughbred

like am I trading endurance for speed, or am I improving both

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

rocking two revolvers is bad rear end

can't tackle someone and shove my bespoke, beautifully filigreed double barrel shotgun down someone's throat when I've left it on the horse now can I

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Popelmon posted:

Who the gently caress designed that garbage white cougar debtor mission?

lol i got eaten a few times until i remembered the predator bait in my back pocket

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

also where are all the bounty missions?

i have done three or four but no further missions are showing up on the map or notice boards

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

*concerned with morality*

*guns down hundreds of fathers, brothers, and sons daily*

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

so as far as i can tell i've bought just about anything I could want are there any big ticket items later on or is cash pretty much just for bounties at this point

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

you have to first identify them as perfect specimens and then get a perfect kill using the appropriate weapon and ammo

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hunting via the prescribed method is for colossal loving idiots imo and that includes you, dear reader

the way I do it is find my three star kill, flush them out with thundering horse hooves, and use dead eye to bury an arrow into their skull at full speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I don't really understand Dead Eye now that I've upgraded it and have to paint targets manually. Do I shoot when I release Dead Eye? Do I just hit R2 once to shoot all my painted targets?

paint your targets and let 'er rip with R2

it's worth mentioning that i have noticed that activating dead eye, NOT painting and instead firing off a single round with R2 on the appropriate forehead will restore a portion of the dead eye bar as if you made the shot without it