Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
has anybody playing the Online beta figured out decent ways to make consistent money yet? I feel like I spend 2-3 hours doing a handful of missions only to make $15 or so and then I have to resupply my rations and ammo so I lose $10-20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Donovan Trip posted:

The consensus right now is they really don't want you to have money yet. Everyone is hoping there will be money opportunities when the full game launches, aside from dropping real money on it of course

yeah, this makes sense, guess I'll focus on leveling and doing some of the story quests then. Thanks!

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I saved and saved and bought some supplies and saved some more and I had $65... working on saving $125 for a bow. Then I motherfucking accidentally paid $50 to change the color of my goddamn camp flag because I didn't realize there was a price associated with it and clicked to fast. FML

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
a few RDO questions that people may or may not have answers for:

1) are bows going to be the way to get perfect pelts rather than trying to use specific weapons? seems like this makes more sense given that deadeye doesn't actually slow time in RDO

2) have rockstar talked at all about their plans for utilizing the honor system? I'm honestly hoping they use it to discourage random griefing in towns, it seems like the perfect mechanism to warn you if someone is a bad hombre that is riding up to you and maybe put a bounty on their head if their honor is bad enough.

3) how often does this drat game charge you $.75 stable fees? I swear I've had that message pop up several times in a single play session

4) Is there a reason Deadeye doesn't behave the same way as health and stamina? it was annoying not having the core refill the stat in story mode but even more annoying when deadeye consumables cost several dollars each. I'm honestly not sure how they expect us to use the ability when you have to drink some liquor every time you use deadeye for a couple of shots

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Capn Beeb posted:

Yep. Failing that, lassoing the animal and stabbing them. Some animals cannot be killed clean with either method, so you'll either need poison arrows (improved arrows don't appear to be in online at all), or bigger rifles, both of which are level locked.

Makes fishing and bird hurting down in Rhodes a bummer cause dammit there's so many prime gators just waiting to be turned into money but I don't have anything to kill 'em clean with.

Thanks, and is there no way to study animals like in story mode?

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

bees everywhere posted:

Online really gets frustrating when your horse is packed full of perfect animal pelts and carcasses, then just when you pull up to the butcher some turd shoots you in the head, and then when you respawn all of your pelts have disappeared off of your horse.

Had this happen to me but not with perfect pelts, they really have to fix that poo poo or the butcher will be a prime target for griefing

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Saw this in Online earlier... If you ever want to make someone laugh run into their camp and do this:

https://youtu.be/uQRjSUgTO8Y

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

mcbexx posted:

Found out today that Opossums actually "play possum".

I shot at one, didn't get the kill marker crosshairs, but it was marked as a dead animal on the map. Went up to it to skin it (you even get the prompt to do so), but then it just got up and tried to scurry away.

This loving game ...

Haha, I had this happen as well, so brilliant, great little piece of detail to add some delight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Has anybody using L3 toggle on to run noticed you seem to have your sprint cancel automatically for no apparent reason constantly on RDO when it's not an issue at all on single player?

I also seem to be experiencing a bug where I have worms in my inventory but can't see them at all to equip in the bait menu, ugh