Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Any reason to bother with the special or ultimate editions? I don’t really care about online.

Ps I’m Herbert Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

Whats the preferred snack for this game folks? Can be historical or a comfort food

Wolf Brand Chili straight from the can

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Always wear the legendary grizzly hat

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Dark side perks are the increase in money you get from being able to rob and kill everyone you meet

I'm going white hat this playthrough and need to make all my money shooting arrows at rabbits like a sucker

Step ya Varmint Rifle game up son

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Anybody else have an issue where storms suddenly disappear and it goes from thunder and lightning to cloudless instantly and there’s a huge sudden HDR bloom because of it?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I lost the bottle shooting challenge to that guy because it was dusk and I couldn’t see the bottles.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Ben Nerevarine posted:

He lived and hobbled away, but he was pissed that I didn't give him medicine.

Gave that guy medicine and he offered to buy me a free item at the Rhodes general store. I got a $92 outfit for my troubles.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Hugh Malone posted:

spoilers y'all, dangit

now I know there's a new York guy and confederates my game is RUINED

jk, chap.2 spoiler here

I just finished the mission where you steal a cart from Cornwall oil. all last night I scoped the place out, and made several stealth attempts at stealing the wagon to no avail.

then I tried full on rampage, and there were so many dudes and so little cover that I failed a few times, miserably

this morning I say gently caress it, hop a fence by a cart, ride out, and they didn't notice til I was at the gate. drove outta there, no bounty, no chase, and I didn't fire a shot lol

I got through that one by sniping one guard and the horses got spooked and pulled the cart a good half mile down the road at full speed. Jumped on when they stopped, no more guards in sight.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I found the pig farm last night. It owns.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Is there a trick to the legendary fish? I'm at the spot where it's drawn on the map and have been trying different bait but only regular fish are biting

You have to use a special lure that you can buy from the bait shop in Lagras after you meet the guy that writes the fishing column in the newspaper.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I talked to the foreman at the logging operation but I got interrupted while he was talking and I'm not sure what he wants to buy from me. Looks like I can sell him a bunch of stuff but it seems like there's a goal or something and I'm not sure what to do. I sold him a can of beans and he thanked me. Then I raided all their tents and stole their food.

He’ll buy provisions from you at a higher price. No goal that I know of.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

On the timed horseman challenges, does time when you’re paused count? I thought I nailed the Strawberry to Saint Denis 9 minutes, since I spent some of the 10 real life minutes it took rerouting on the map (default autoroute takes you through a river and won’t send you along rail routes), but it didn’t register when I passed the vaudeville theater.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

dudeness posted:

Nope, just make sure they aren't tracked already then look at them with binoculars and track them with that, it'll be the triangle button if you're on PS4. It sounds like you're already doing that though so maybe it's just bugged.

Make sure you get ten different species as well. No good if you keep tracking turkeys and white tails.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Lol just lol if you don’t braid your horse’s tail to more easily see his balls

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The vaudeville theatre fuckin owns

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Deified Data posted:

My first time doing that I cheated and shot the bear from up top a rock that it couldn't scale, i.e. the opposite of Hosea's dumb "shoot it on foot" advice lol

Getting Revenanted by the legendary grizzly was my biggest holy poo poo moment of the game

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The Fool posted:

Donate to the camp in $20 increments. Someone on reddit claimed that $20.01 was the most efficient amount to donate.

I've also seen claims that greeting people in Saint Denis increases honor, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

Also this. I've only just hit Chapter 4, but the side missions available in Chapter 6 can reportedly bring you from full negative honor to full positive honor by the end of the chapter.

It increases honor but you gotta do it a lot

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Where do you find the quartz and cobalt petrified wood?

Also, if I sell a gold earring to the fence, doe he make the talisman from that or does it need to be in my inventory?

Dunno about the others but I got a quartz chunk as reward for mailing the location of the first dinosaur bone I found.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I was wandering around the mountains and found a cottage that looked like a dang hobbit hole. Arthur drew a nice picture of it.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The Legendary Gator is a real bastard. First time I hunted him I got off 4 shots from the Rare Rolling Block rifle into his thick skull before he ate me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’ve yet to see a single muskrat, opossum, or badger anywhere in the game and I’ve finished the story.